Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

City police ask public force to register replica firearms

:

General

Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:55   #31
z0ng

What a load... Let's go register our toys! If only it saves just one life guys!!!!!!

Someone should register a stapler or something else equally harmless just so they can say they did. Kind of like what one Brian Buckley did when he decided to register a Soldering Gun with the CFC. On the registration slip the Action is defined as "110 VOLT AC":

YouTube - Brian Buckley's Registered Soldering Gun

http://www.rfcsask.ca/cfd04674.html#Solderingiron

The fact this guy actually managed to get his Soldering Gun registered as a Firearm should really speak volumes as to the value of registration systems like these....

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:07   #32
L473ncy

@ DirtyFecker: A fan of Father Ted I presume?

Anyways, I used to be naive. Then I smartened up and realized the real world is totally different than what you think it is, there's always an underlying reason for things that aren't explicitly stated. Someone somewhere is either making money from something like this (ie. Investment bankers or Chiefs of police to get more budget to "combat this epidemic") or they have an axe to grind (ie. Soccer moms). Now I'm ready to unleash myself on the worl (in 3 years) and shit on it. (While you're in school the world shits on you, once you graduate you shit on the world, that is how things work).
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:09   #33
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
From the text in the article it seems like that bylaw is already on the books. If so what year was it written in?
It was written in 1990, and redone in 2005. Although there was likely a long standing by-law that was removed or merged into this spring gun/airgun/firworks by-law

And just for the record (as to the confiscation issue)

2.06 Any permit issued under this by-law may
be cancelled by the Chief of Police upon
conviction of the holder thereof for any
offence under this by-law.

2.07 Any police officer may seize any firework,
spring gun or air rifle had or kept in
contravention of this by-law.

2.08 The Chief of Police may, at any time after
the expiry of 10 days following a seizure
made under the authority of section 2.07,
destroy any fire cracker, spring gun or air
rifle so seized.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:19   #34
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
but he doesnt even need to break the law to have it seized :|. and violation could be having it outside of a gun case or w/e in your residence and if youre neighbor happens to see it for whatever god forsaken reason. then in the time it takes to get througg all the legal bull crap they could just say you took too long and destroy it

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:21   #35
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitech View Post
Without a search warrant, the police need your permission to come into your house.

When will this fearmongering stop? Will we need to register every knife, tire iron, screwdriver we have. People are killed by them every day, actually killed, not scared cause someone has something shaped like a gun.

Know your rights, make informed decisions, don't just follow the herd.
Wrong, probable cause .. no warrant required.

report of a "person with a gun" will illicit a police response , they will enter premises without a warrant.

however I agree with Blackthorn, As a Licensed firearm owner I am 100% within my rights to handle my guns as I see fit within my own home,

someone calling the police because they saw me with a gun through my window is an invasion of my privacy.. I would insist the police charge the person with trespass

as far as "registering" replicas.. I don't own any.. all of my airsoft guns are unregulated firearms. No license or registrations required.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:28   #36
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
as far as "registering" replicas.. I don't own any.. all of my airsoft guns are unregulated firearms. No license or registrations required.
+1 to that!
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:49   #37
Kurgan

Send a message via MSN to Kurgan
There is no debate here. It's a by-law. As far as the idiot in the article, I hope he does have his shit destroyed.

It sounds like the majority of airsofters wouldn't follow the law even if it applied to them. Doesn't bode well for a group that constantly complains about stuff being illegal or laws restricting the purchase of guns.

If it were legal to purchase them from anywhere in the world, but the law states you have to register them, you still wouldn't would you?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:57   #38
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

I don't have a license for my cat either... and that is a bylaw in Toronto.

City Bylaws are designed to deal with problems.. and to enforce taxation.

I'd rather pay the fine... if cited.

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:05   #39
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
to be considered as a unregulated firearms...doesn't it need to be powerful enough to wound somebody ? (just like the importation thing..)

just wondering since if so...I own a replica...wich is bad ?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:14   #40
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contractor 6-8 View Post
to be considered as a unregulated firearms...doesn't it need to be powerful enough to wound somebody ? (just like the importation thing..)

just wondering since if so...I own a replica...wich is bad ?
No, They need to be CAPABLE of it. My AEG's are capable of hurting someone if I put an m190893 spring in them and a car battery.

Either way, Fuck this law they are not going to find out I have anything.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:29   #41
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
BAH why cant canada just do what the US does, why do we have to have stupid laws to prevent all this crap, the more you tell people not to do something, the more ways they will try to find a loophole around it.

and why are people so scared of people with guns anyway, so someones got a gun inside their OWN HOME big deal, might as well go calling the cops on everyone with a legally registered fire arm
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:39   #42
Grudge
multitech

Quote:
Wrong, probable cause .. no warrant required.

report of a "person with a gun" will illicit a police response , they will enter premises without a warrant.
Can you back you statements with law?

Probable cause is what needs to be presented to get a warrant in the first place.

What I've found.

"Any police entry of an individual's home always requires a warrant (for either search or arrest), absent exigent circumstances, or the free and voluntary consent of a person with reasonably apparent use of or control over the property."

exigent circumstances are : hot pursuit of a person believed to have commited a crime, to stop the apparent possiblity of physical harm to an officer or individual, or to stop the destruction of evidence suspected in a crime.

Most people screw up when the police ask if they can come in. As soon as you say yes, they can do just about anything they want in your house. They will usually tell you you will get in trouble if you don't let them in.

I agree that you will be visited by the police as they have to investigate, but that doesn't immediately mean they have the right to enter your house.

It might be different if you were shooting a pellet or airsoft gun from inside your house to the outside. But not just having one in your house that someone outside can see.

Last edited by Grudge; February 2nd, 2011 at 13:41..
Grudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:45   #43
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
BAH why cant canada just do what the US does, why do we have to have stupid laws to prevent all this crap, the more you tell people not to do something, the more ways they will try to find a loophole around it.

and why are people so scared of people with guns anyway, so someones got a gun inside their OWN HOME big deal, might as well go calling the cops on everyone with a legally registered fire arm
But why would you be holding a gun if you werent a bad person and going to shoot everybody!! only bad people have guns!

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:47   #44
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitech View Post
Can you back you statements with law?

Probable cause is what needs to be presented to get a warrant in the first place.

What I've found.

"Any police entry of an individual's home always requires a warrant (for either search or arrest), absent exigent circumstances, or the free and voluntary consent of a person with reasonably apparent use of or control over the property."

exigent circumstances are : hot pursuit of a person believed to have commited a crime, to stop the apparent possiblity of physical harm to an officer or individual, or to stop the destruction of evidence suspected in a crime.

Most people screw up when the police ask if they can come in. As soon as you say yes, they can do just about anything they want in your house. They will usually tell you you will get in trouble if you don't let them in.

I agree that you will be visited by the police as they have to investigate, but that doesn't immediately mean they have the right to enter your house.

It might be different if you were shooting a pellet or airsoft gun from inside your house to the outside. But not just having one in your house that someone outside can see.
See bold... The lawyers can argue about it after the fact... and do

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old February 2nd, 2011, 13:50   #45
TDH
Banned

Quote:
See bold... The lawyers can argue about it after the fact... and do
Remind me, please, not to argue with you. You're good!

* bowing *
TDH is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General