Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW 10/22 Carbine V2 upgrades

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 10th, 2013, 03:27   #1
R700

KJW 10/22 Carbine V2 upgrades

I read the sticky in the general section and really didn't find much about upgrades other then a few external stock options.

I have ordered this GBB product and was considering installing the RA Tech Hop Up and the RA Tech 6.01 380 mm TBB.

A few questions for the owners that have done something similiar.

1) will the 380 mm barrel fit without an extension, ie silencer, etc?

2) will the ra tech hop up suffice or should i get another brand? I am planning on using the .36-0.4 bbs.

3) will these upgrades make a big difference or just a slight difference? My plan is to get this GBB to 150 ft range fast and accurate. Is this a reasonable expectation with these mods?

The product was purchased as a run n gun DMR but mostly anything past 60-80 ft as per our MEDs. It will not be a primary tool, slung on my back and used as needed for the long range. You may have read a post in the general on the mp5sd6 that i was going with but i have decided to go this route now.

Don't flame, i am new to GBBs and airsoft and would like opinions based on experience with this model. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by R700; April 10th, 2013 at 03:44..
R700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:34   #2
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Measure with a ruler the 1.5 rail sections infront of hop up wheel, if the measurement is under 38cm. It will fit.

Yes the ratech hop up is good, infact, the best to my knowledge

Yes they will make a difference, it will be accurate at 150ft
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 03:36   #3
BennyBoy

This gun fires hot and first thing you should do is install an NPAS so you can dial it down. Longer barrel on gbb almost always increases fps as well. Does this v2 come with threaded barrel? Should be expecting more than 150ft for your rifle especially if you plan to do it up as a DMR.
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:59   #4
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It should easily shoot 150ft stock. With upgrades, you should be looking at 250ft minimum, especially with .36s
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:36   #5
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
This gun fires hot and first thing you should do is install an NPAS so you can dial it down. Longer barrel on gbb almost always increases fps as well. Does this v2 come with threaded barrel? Should be expecting more than 150ft for your rifle especially if you plan to do it up as a DMR.
no the v2 comes with a unthreaded bull barrel instead. One of the odd changes KJ did....

Join us at Airsoftkelowna.ca
Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:50   #6
sammynac99

My kj kc02 v2 has a 14 mm CCW
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 20:25   #7
R700

I ordered the RA-Tech 380mm 6.01 TBB and the RA-Tech Hop-Up for the 10/22 carbine. Hopefully these upgrades will produce the desired results as the comments say. thanks for the tips. If you have any other internal upgrades that are worth mentioning, please post again.
Old April 10th, 2013, 21:30   #8
BennyBoy

6.01 still recommended for gbbs? I was reading that tight bore of 6.01 was detrimental to spring/bolt action accuracy.
They rated velocity at 3 stars but accuracy at 1 star for .01
.05 has 2 stars for both and .08 was 1 star velocity and 3 star accuracy.
When I say accuracy I mean how tight of groupings.

I'll link the source when I get home.

http://metroatlantaairsoft.darkbb.co...-more-accuracy

Old post, dunno if it still holds it own weight

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BennyBoy; April 11th, 2013 at 00:24..
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:01   #9
R700

I checked the link but the pix seemed to be down. I am wondering about the fps spread on this model. I haven't received it yet and mostly just been youtubing it and noticed that there can be a large spread in fps with this model.

The reason i went with a 6.01 TBB is because i bought a mad bull ultimate TBB for a prior SRC GEN 3 PRO M4. I noticed when i swapped the IB that the fps went up about 40 fps but the main thing i noticed was the fps spread was tighter. A spread on average around 7-10 fps. The spread before was around 15-20 fps with the 6.04. I am more looking to keep the fps spread tighter. Accuracy on these toys is what it is. I am not looking for over the top benchrest performance out of a toy. Too many variables come into play especially on a circular projectile with backspin as a ballistic coefficient.

My goal is to achieve longer range then the AEG range on the average size target. My VFC AEG is good for 80-100 ft accurately.

Do the tight bores in GBBR usually result in a tighter fps spread on average or does the gas depletion play a larger role? Thanks again.
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:09   #10
BennyBoy

that's it for a VFC AEG? Something must be terribly wrong
Old April 11th, 2013, 02:50   #11
R700

Nothing wrong with the VFC SR16 CARBINE. 80-100 ft is consistent, no flyers and it makes its semi and full auto hits. The maximum range for this is almost 240 ft. I have paced it out. I refer to accuracy as 80-100 ft because this is the range where the bb's are still moving at a reasonable fps that will catch oppositions of guard. At 240 ft, the bb is hard to feel, lands at your feet, and you can basically move out of the way. 80-100 ft is the range at which all of the above mentioned do not apply and in most cases is the standard outdoor engagement in my area with the surroundings. Again, this is for my area of play and not the overall ballistic performance of a 6mm ball out of the VFC I own.

STATS FOR VFC SR16 STOCK
380 FPS-0.20 BB-14/15 RPS-7.4 LIPO
330 FPS-0.30 BB-12/13 RPS-7.4 LIPO

Nothing to write home about but good enough.

My goal, as mentioned before, is too reach out into the 150 ft area consistently. Overall maximum range is not my desired goal. My goal is to have a toy that goes 150 ft with the same effects as what i have stated for my AEG and that is, moving at a fast fps, being able to feel the hits and not being able to see them coming and not landing at the feet. I know my AEG can go that far but I am not using it for those ranges above 150 ft.

I usually run opposition down into 80-100ft range with the AEG, for the players who decide to play a little further back and who are dug in, i would use the GBBR as a secondary to engage them. This GBBR is not going to be a primary and more than likely will be slung on the back.

I would like to know OTHER UPGRADES that will make this GBBR perform to the expectations mentioned.

I am trying to achieve a toy that is consistent at minimum of 150 ft. I feel the AEG is consistent at 80-100 ft and that is where i will leave it in that role.

I am unfamiliar with GBBRs so I would like to know what i am getting into with the modifications. Thanks

Last edited by R700; April 11th, 2013 at 02:55..
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:50   #12
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R700 View Post
I usually run opposition down into 80-100ft range with the AEG, for the players who decide to play a little further back and who are dug in, i would use the GBBR as a secondary to engage them. This GBBR is not going to be a primary and more than likely will be slung on the back.

I would like to know OTHER UPGRADES that will make this GBBR perform to the expectations mentioned.

I am trying to achieve a toy that is consistent at minimum of 150 ft. I feel the AEG is consistent at 80-100 ft and that is where i will leave it in that role.

I am unfamiliar with GBBRs so I would like to know what i am getting into with the modifications. Thanks
Have fun running around with a GBBR slung on your back and an AEG as primary. Mag management will be fun for both platforms.

You do realize that you can easily upgrade an AEG to reach out past 150ft?
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications