Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SRC M16 A3 (Gen 3)

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 31st, 2010, 21:35   #1
Ripperman79

SRC M16 A3 (Gen 3)

Okay so I've put a lot of thought into what I want in an airsoft gun, and I've found what I want the SRC M16 A3 (Gen 3) from 007 alot because the C8 receiver (located here http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/aeg-src-m16.htm) now I've been airsofting for a year with a cybergun famas and I got the ropes but this is my first good brand named gun and I understand it has a good gear box a zillion metal parts but mainly my concerns lay within the battery Info. I have to buy the battery seperatly and that's fine but that's my problem I'm trying to choose my battery and it says 11.1v. Li-Po ready and that's what I want so I found this http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...G36_Series.htm but I couldn't manage to find a charger any other site with 11.1v Li-Po batterys and chargers at a reasonable price that would be great. question 2 what is the diffrence between Li-Po And Ni-cad high cell batterys? any one have any other info to share about this gun and Li-Po battery and chargers would be great. I'm NOT looking for a gun in the classifieds ths is a down the road end off summmer kinda idea. Might get the 007 11.1v batty and bol blanced charger, good idea? Maybe there's a better deal out there I'm not sure how much those types of
batterys and chargers should cost.

Last edited by Ripperman79; March 31st, 2010 at 21:43..
Ripperman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 21:40   #2
Rugger_can

2 things.

1. Age Verification = Your ticket to success at ASC

Im sure you've heard this before.

2. Li-Po = Lithium Polymer Battery, Ni-CAD = Nickle cadmium.

They are fundamentally different battery technology.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 21:49   #3
Shooting Addict
* KNOWN LIAR *

Lipos are a big no-no if you don't know how to handle them properly since they can explode if not charged and balanced right, which can consume your whole house. Don't cheap out on a charger get one that can do everything and isn't just a dumb wall charger, I use an Onyx 230($100) and it works great with Lipos, Nimhs and LiFe batterys.
You can tell a person over and over that 4 + 5 = 9 and show them the mechanics of how addition works, but at the end of the day when you look into their eyes you know damn well that in their heads they still see 4 + 5 = pineapple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Harden the fuck up, you liberal pussies.
Shooting Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 22:02   #4
Ripperman79

So it sounds as if Li-Po baterys can be dangerous, would you say that I could get away with a 10.8v Ni-Cad or simaliar voltage in that particular gun? What about this $50 bol balenced charger?
Old April 1st, 2010, 07:48   #5
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
A 9.6V should be more than enough, an 8.4V will be just as fine. Its better to not jump into LiPo until you get to know your gun and this sport a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 08:34   #6
Acid_Snake

Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
If you opt for a NiCad battery you need to discharge it after use.
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 09:44   #7
Ripperman79

thank for the info i guess ill spring for a all in one smart charger
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:12   #8
Doombringer

Don't get Ni-Cd. This is an old technology and if you don't maintain them properly they are not good. Get some Ni-Mh if you don't want to deal with Li-Po batteries.
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:41   #9
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

why would you want a lipo :/ a lot of games have mag size limitations to midcaps or smaller and if you shooting 20bps+ then your going to spend alot of time reloading + buy tons of mags.... 9.6nimh battery will be a better choice I think.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 13:16   #10
andrew5826

take advantage of the full stock and use a large type
andrew5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2010, 15:46   #11
Ripperman79

k i'll just go for a good 9.6v with a high MAH
Old June 2nd, 2010, 20:25   #12
Ripperman79

do you know if this metal body would fit the SRC M16? http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=294
Old June 2nd, 2010, 20:51   #13
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Snake View Post
If you opt for a NiCad battery you need to discharge it after use.
No, you don't. Discharging it every time will actually kill it quite quickely.

Ni-Cad batteries today aren't the same as they were 20 years ago. Discharging a Nicad once per season should be sufficient. The technology may be "old" but it's been updated a lot. Especially if you have a good charger you don't need to worry about it. I've never discharged any of my nicads and they work just fine.

Ni-cads also have advantages over Ni-Mah. They have a higher discharge rate, making them the better choice for upgraded guns. They also perform better in colder weather.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:31   #14
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
No, you don't. Discharging it every time will actually kill it quite quickely.

Ni-Cad batteries today aren't the same as they were 20 years ago. Discharging a Nicad once per season should be sufficient. The technology may be "old" but it's been updated a lot. Especially if you have a good charger you don't need to worry about it. I've never discharged any of my nicads and they work just fine.

Ni-cads also have advantages over Ni-Mah. They have a higher discharge rate, making them the better choice for upgraded guns. They also perform better in colder weather.

To keep a NiCd battery pack at full peak, you have to discharge it completely ever 2-3 charge. You also have to keep them full at all times, cycling the packs every 2 months if you are not using them. You might not see any difference because you are used to it, but your packs probably have less punch and less charge capacity than they used to be. In an airsoft gun, the difference is barely noticable. Drop you pack in a 1/10 off-road truck and see if it can last 2 minutes (a 3300mAh NiMh pack last 7-8 minutes).

And NiCd do not have a higher discharge rate than NiMh, far from it. NiMh packs have a 45A constant current discharge rate (good quality ones), with up to 90A peak for 30 seconds. NiCd (the very good ones) have a constant rate of 20-25A and peak of 50A for 30 seconds.

NiCd do however perform better in cold weather. NiMh will feel slugish and lose charge very fast at anything under -10deg.C.

If you don't play on winter, a NiMh pack is extremely more useful. You get an average of 4000mAh in NiMh packs, where the best NiCd out there are 2200mAh (sub-C cells). You also don't need to discharge the pack before charging, and have to keep the pack above 0.9v/cell (a 8.4v pack should not go under 6.3-6.5v). But the extra large capacity means that you can charge it and then use it for 2-3 games (depending on how much you fire), then charge it full again.

Yes, technology has evolved, but the basic chemistry principles are the same. You can improve to some extend, but not indefenitely.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 11:21   #15
TheLoneWolf

i understand about the batteries i just want to know if this metal body would fit the SRC M16? http://airsoftdepot.ca/catalog/produ...roducts_id=294
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion