Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Quality GBB Pistols

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 3rd, 2013, 22:35   #1
XxXEpicSauceXxX

Quality GBB Pistols

Hi guys this is my first post so forgive for my mistakes :3

So I'm not officially old enough to play airsoft (1 yr under my field requirement) therefore I'm playing mainly in my backyard and I would like to buy a co2 blowback pistol, the problem is... My cousin wants me to get the same plastic clear co2 he got because he wants us to spray paint our guns and stuff. Will spray painting affect the gun at all and will it look nice?

My second question is that is it really worth it to buy a or mid to high quality full metal co2 blowback pistol for backyard use/movies?

My final question... Can anybody recommend some gbb co2 pistols that would be good for backyard target practice or movies? That would be great! Thanks for viewing and/or answering some of my questions!

~K
XxXEpicSauceXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 22:55   #2
Mr. Gruntsworthy

I'm telling you now, you can't buy a quality GBB if you're not of age. Also, using them in your back yard for anything other than target practice is a bad idea. (and even for target practice, make sure all your neighbors are acutely aware of what you're doing, and that you're not visible to random passerby.)

If done properly, spraypainting a clearsoft gun won't affect it's operation... but on the other hand, you're just gold-plating a turd lol. A GBB costs $200 for a reason... loads better in quality.

I know it sucks, but my advice is to just wait out the year until you're 18.

Sidearm: KJW Taurus PT92 (olive drab)
320fps, semi-automatic. Propane GBB

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open facebook group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft players. Join the Forums as well
Come join!

My Game Dev website: http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Mr. Gruntsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 23:27   #3
L473ncy

Just putting it out there that usually in municipalities there are bylaws against discharging airguns within city limits except for areas that are zoned for such activities. This usually includes starter pistols, airsoft, pellet/BB guns, paintball, and sometimes crossbows/arrows.

As for brand name KJW, KSC/KWA, TM are all good name brands. I'd toss in WA (SCW3) but I consider those more collectors items than anything, plus I've never owned a WA so I don't know much about them other than replacement parts are a bitch to get so you'd better have another one that you can part out to take guts from.
Old September 4th, 2013, 21:28   #4
XxXEpicSauceXxX

Thanks for your reply guys,

I never knew a gbb cost 200$ Does that mean the guns like the g and g xtreme 45 or the elite force 1911 a1 are p.o.s.? I've seen good reviews but idk.

My neighbours are pretty chill considering they all are high as hell all the time, apart from "Wendy"...

Wendy is a lady that was obsessed with cats and one of hers was hit by a car and she "couldn't bear without it" so she kept it in her freezer o.0
not even kidding...

Well thanks for your advice. I guess I'll have to wait and see

~K
Old September 4th, 2013, 21:33   #5
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
I'm going to step on some toes and say, a ***** QUALITY ***** GBB costs 300$+

-alex

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 22:29   #6
skalnok

hattrick im gonna have to say 200-300 is a good gbb in canada.

im seeing tm gbb's brand new for mid 200's
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 23:22   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalnok View Post
hattrick im gonna have to say 200-300 is a good gbb in canada.

im seeing tm gbb's brand new for mid 200's
Those are the 'smoked/Canadian friendly' ones. But now that airguns have their bette classifications and laws, we can get almost anything. You can get a decent GBB for $200 plus, but realistically, if you want a specific pistol, or your hardcore gaming, you'll likely spend in upwards of 300 - 400 or more. That's for a secondary as well remember. Welcome to airsoft, $300 will almost scratch the surface ...almost.

Please check your local laws about airgun discharge as Latency suggested. You can alway do it indoors with parent supervision, proper eye protection for everyone, and safe gun control. Don't get banned, fined, arrested, or in trouble with one year left to go.
Old September 4th, 2013, 23:48   #8
skalnok

non smoked as well.

epic sauce how old are you exactly, you say one year too young to play. does that mean 15 or 17?
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 00:57   #9
XxXEpicSauceXxX

@skalnok

I'm 15 and I am 90% sure we have a 16-17 minimum age at my field

There's one ind
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:00   #10
XxXEpicSauceXxX

sorry for the last post being cut off

There is an indoor and outdoor field

As for gbb for target practise and movies at my grandmas orchard.... Gbb yes or no?
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:02   #11
redzaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXEpicSauceXxX View Post
@skalnok

I'm 15 and I am 90% sure we have a 16-17 minimum age at my field

There's one ind
which field? where? kind of helps to verify if you add in the province you live
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:35   #12
ccyg8774

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXEpicSauceXxX View Post
Thanks for your reply guys,

I never knew a gbb cost 200$ Does that mean the guns like the g and g xtreme 45 or the elite force 1911 a1 are p.o.s.? I've seen good reviews but idk.

My neighbours are pretty chill considering they all are high as hell all the time, apart from "Wendy"...

Wendy is a lady that was obsessed with cats and one of hers was hit by a car and she "couldn't bear without it" so she kept it in her freezer o.0
not even kidding...
Wow. I wouldn't do ANY airsoft related things in the backyard if I were you. Even with no airsoft guns involved. But thanks for the story.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:52   #13
L473ncy

If you wanted something for target practice I'd get a .177/4.5mm air rifle/air pistol (under 500 FPS), I suggest match grade .177's as well, no pointin getting hypervelocity rounds when you really want quality match grade rounds or whatever. Also, no matter what pellet guns are always going to be more accurate than airsoft. I can buy a $100 rifle from Cdn Tire or Cabelas and it'll outshoot pretty much every single airsoft gun except *maybe* if it's a tuned to the tits $10,000 PTW and even then it'll give it a run for it's money.

And for "movies" don't be that guy, seriously. It's great and all but focus on some more basic aspects to movie making like storyboards and getting a good plot, setting, and framing of shots and whatnot (think like Kubrick's style of shooting, something unique and cool).

Last edited by L473ncy; September 5th, 2013 at 10:56..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion