Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G L85 Selector Switch problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 3rd, 2021, 21:10   #1
Omnivorous

G&G L85 Selector Switch problem

Hi,

I just got a G&G L85 from someone and it shoots fine on full-auto, but on semi, it will shoot once (but struggle to complete the cycle), and then will do nothing after that. When you switch back to full auto and then back to semi, it will do the same thing. Any idea on how to fix semi auto?

The gun is in like new condition. I took it part to change the spring (I had this problem before I did that) and everything looks like it's brand new inside.

Thanks,
Greg
Omnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2021, 01:29   #2
Zfurlong

If you don't run a LiPo battery already, get one. A 7.4 will work in any gun, 11.1's are my general go-to. Check your motor height to see if it is causing too much pressure on the gears to the point of nigh-failure, check the shimming of the gears, finally, check that you aren't using a disgustingly strong spring in the gun (when I first started the sport and didn't know anything, I bought an m160 spring, paid the store I bought the gun and spring from to install it for me, and played with a g&g p90 running WAAAAAAY too hot for any field. Wish someone would have approached me back then and taught me the basics of upgrades and parts when I was shiny-eyed and new lol), and finally check the battery you are using to see if it's on its way out and not holding a charge properly.
Old May 5th, 2021, 12:10   #3
Omnivorous

Thanks. I'm running an M110 spring (shooting 350fps), and I have a brand new Titan 11.1v in it. I'll see what I can find out about the rest. I'm not familiar with gear stuff / shimming, so I'll do some research into it. Thank you.
Omnivorous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner