Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old August 1st, 2010, 23:23   #391
Bigguyken

Send a message via MSN to Bigguyken
Actually email to my email address box here on this website.
Old August 1st, 2010, 23:53   #392
thpethalK
ksuechuc

I've had CP hold my package from SurplusIG for a week and a half...and then when it got delivered, they tore everything open...seriously...why would they need to slash a hole in a dozen bags of Bastards and then dump everything in a big clear garbage bag. To make matters worse, they never knocked and just put everything in a flimsy cardboard box and left it out in the rain. When I picked up the box, I knew something was off cuz I could hear rattling inside. What do you know, I had a mix of .20/.25/.28s rolling around all mixed up in the box because they didn't even seal up the garbage bag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:11   #393
Blured

I've been waiting for a package from Redwolf that apparently is still sitting at customs since July 22nd. It has my grenade launcher and grenades in it though. I'm sure some newbie customs officer is sitting there trying to get my whole parcel confiscated because they can't discern the fact that it's just for a airsoft gun. All i have to say is it better be here by sunday or i'm gonna have to call someone and flip my shit over the phone.
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:43   #394
CanadianBeast

My AK47 is still in Richmond, BC. It was shipped July 15th from ONTARIO, arrived there July 19th and has been there since, with no reason given, they won't let me talk to anyone competent and I can't go pick it up myself.

The expected delivery date was July 21st and this is all that has been updated on the tracking site

2010/07/19 20:02 RICHMOND Item processed at postal facility

An AK chest rig I ordered from Hong Kong 4 or 5 days after the gun was shipped arrived today too, talk about adding insult to injury

Last edited by CanadianBeast; August 4th, 2010 at 20:16..
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:58   #395
13Fido13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blured View Post
It has my grenade launcher and grenades in it though.
Grenade launchers are restricted. I'm not sure about grenades, but depending on the type could be considered restricted as well. Kiss the package goodbye.

Level 2 BA Certified
Old August 4th, 2010, 16:56   #396
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Fido13 View Post
Grenade launchers are restricted. I'm not sure about grenades, but depending on the type could be considered restricted as well. Kiss the package goodbye.
haha +1... sir... you didnt read the FAQ before ordering... :P
Old August 4th, 2010, 23:51   #397
Blured

I did not see the FAQ here regarding importation. I read the one on Redwolf's site that stated that accessories were acceptable, just not gun shipments. We'll see what gets shipped to me and what doesn't. I hope i at least get the grenades, since they are red and all. They are the most expensive part of the shipment. Grenade launcher itself shouldnt be too hard to replace within Canada hopefully.
Old August 6th, 2010, 20:29   #398
Qlong
Division

Well it's official, CP has lost my AK47 that was going to CanadianBeast,

How the fuck do you lose something like this....

Weee!
Old August 6th, 2010, 20:40   #399
brandedman

I've had this happen to me before, where the package was marked as refused and sent back, and yes, it has to be handled by the person/business that handled the package. in my case the package was sent back to the sender and they charged me for return shipping and shipping back out to me.

One thing you can do is edit your address, that second address line that is never used put in "Hold for Pickup" the item will not make its way to a postal carrier and gets diverted to your local pickup point, in my case a pharmacy that has a postal outlet. Every package that I've had sent since goes directly there and you never have to worry about if the postie just doesn't like you, which i was starting to think was the case.

BTW: "out for delivery" just means that it is with a Postie, or a parcel courier, they can have the package for upto 2 days before they make delivery depending on the weight of the package.
Old August 6th, 2010, 20:42   #400
brandedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlong View Post
Well it's official, CP has lost my AK47 that was going to CanadianBeast,

How the fuck do you lose something like this....

You'd be suprised, a family friend was a supervisor for CP, and its quite frequent that something gets hand loaded on the wrong truck.
Old August 6th, 2010, 21:21   #401
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuechuc View Post
I've had CP hold my package from SurplusIG for a week and a half...and then when it got delivered, they tore everything open...seriously...why would they need to slash a hole in a dozen bags of Bastards and then dump everything in a big clear garbage bag. To make matters worse, they never knocked and just put everything in a flimsy cardboard box and left it out in the rain. When I picked up the box, I knew something was off cuz I could hear rattling inside. What do you know, I had a mix of .20/.25/.28s rolling around all mixed up in the box because they didn't even seal up the garbage bag...
why the fuck would they do that?

my post office is a joke, two old native ladies and their dumbass kid, she does deliveries but get this she doesn't fucking deliver. I usually get my mail at round 10am, I'll have a package slip, it'll have the little shit checked off on it saying they came to my door and I didn't answer, bullshit my kitchen is right by the front door and I'm in there from 8am to 10am. so by around eleven I'll go up to the post office with the slip wanting my package and they say it's out on the delivery route still.

So the dumbass girl just take's all the package's loads it up into a jeep and drives around with them to the post boxes their addresses belong to and she put's a package slip in the post boxes, WHY ARE YOU TAKING THEM OUT OF THE GOD DAMN POST OFFICE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!?!?! it'd be easier to just leave them there and put package slips in our mail than load them all in a jeep and do the same thing then unload them when she's done! Is she supposed to deliver them or is she just being like a lazy newspaper boy and dumping his route in a dumpster and saying he did it? wouldn't the other ladies notice that ALL the packages are coming back?

It's a small town too, but she doesn't get back till 3pmish, doesn't take that long, I used to read gas meter's here, I had to go into everyhouse's backyard and read the meter and often had to ninja my way in there because everyone here has a rabid dog in their yard, that job only took me 2 hours for the whole town and I had to make a plan for evey house, not everyone in the whole town has a package everyday.

turns out my cop friend has busted her and her boyfriend for public indecency (their fuckin in her jeep! probably on my packages!) multiple time's! she fuckin takes 20min and does her route then goes and picks up her flavour of the week and drives them up to this hill that overlooks the town (stereotypicel eh) and has a 5 hour roll in the canada post package haystack! and I gotta wait for her in the mean time!

one day I'm just gonna park up there, wait till their fully into it, swing the driver door open, hit the hatch release, reach into the back of the jeep and grab my package, and tell her "from now on leave my fucking packages at the post office when you want to get your fuck on, oh ya and dude, you have syphilis"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Old August 6th, 2010, 21:30   #402
kalnaren

I've only ever actually had a CP guy bring the package to the door once. Every other time they always say "no one home". Yea, fuck off. I've been home nearly every time. Fuck you CP. That, and my fucking post office closes every god damned day before I get home from work. I had a "final notice" slip in the mailbox the other day because CP's tracking never said the package was delivered so I didn't bother walking the kilometer to the mailbox. Turns out it was sitting in there for a week and they were about to return to sender (to Switzerland nonetheless) Fuckheads.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old August 6th, 2010, 22:54   #403
CanadianBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandedman View Post
You'd be suprised, a family friend was a supervisor for CP, and its quite frequent that something gets hand loaded on the wrong truck.
Loaded into the wrong truck or not, it still has MY address on it, and even a return address. The reality is, it was stolen, if it was mis-shipped it would have arrived elsewhere and been scanned at that location.

I worked for a shipping company before, (canpar) and anything that was mis-shipped was back at the warehouse to be redistributed within a week, this has been almost a month now. And all would have been recorded and scanned in its progress. They're really humoring you when they say "lost" or stolen, because they should just say stolen or stolen
Old August 7th, 2010, 00:49   #404
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuechuc View Post
Call SurplusIG, get them to contact CP and get you your insurance money.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old August 7th, 2010, 05:10   #405
Dart

my turn

this has happened to me now 3 times. I live in an apartment and for some reason they can't seem to figure out how to ring the god damn buzzer. And than instead of leaving a slip they MAIL a slip which usually takes an entire day to get there.

so the first time I chased the package around. The second time I managed to catch it before it left distro which is only open from 9am to noon... Not good for a graveyard worker like my self..

but the last time pissed me right off. I got up around 130pm and checked the tracking. It said out for delivery. So I called the post office asking if it was there or still on the truck. The lady told me they can't use tracking numbers and if my names not on a list its some place else. Than told me if its carded I can get it sunday.

so I called the 1800 number and she after 5 tries to get the tracking number right proceeded to tell me the same thing. So out of sheer luck I walked down to my drop box and looked outside. The canada post truck was just pulling away! So I ran after and he stopped. I asked if he had a package for me and he said, "sure do just get home?"... I told him I was home the whole time. He than just brushed it off and gave me the package.

now here is the fun part I ask "dont you want I'd? He says don't need it.... I said what about a sig as its sig required... He said nope... It says right on the god damn box it needs a sig.

so this guy technaclly just delivered what is a weapon to a random person with out even getting a sig.....
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General