Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

*WE G39C* need help downgrading FPS & other

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 25th, 2012, 02:16   #1
Wolf888

*WE G39C* need help downgrading FPS & other

Hi, Sorry in advance I am new and this is my 1st post. ( tho I have been using the search for weeks to fix my problems, Thanks :P )

Have been trying to lower my G39c's fps for some time.

Removed the suppressor and extended barrel it shipped with (< shooting at 518fps on .20s ) and replaced it with the stock one, installed a ra-tech NPAS, and was only able to get it down to 378fps or so on .20's.

With info from other posts found, I ordered new nozzles to replace the Canadian pre cut one. Installed the NPAS into one of the new nozzles and my FPS dropped to 200'ish on high 100'ish on low. Tried to cut some of the nozzle off and it ended up near the Canadian one.

The other nozzle that's not butchered with the stock valve inside shots about 368 dropping down to 355ish near the end.

Unsure what I should do now, trying to get the fps safe for CQB and was hoping to drop it to 330 to 350 range * all fps tests were at about 18C * )

My other question was, on semi I sometimes get "burst" shots of 2-3 at random if the trigger pull is not fast, would RA tech trigger parts ( http://www.ratech.com.tw/store/produ...id_product=418 ) be worth the upgrade and also fix this problem, I have checked the trigger box for loose parts.

Thanks. :P

Last edited by Wolf888; April 25th, 2012 at 02:20.. Reason: wrong link
Wolf888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:44   #2
slink182

I've been playing around with the NPAS in my WE G39C. Full open, the fps drops to between 300-320 with 0.28s, so I'm guesstimating about 360 fps with 0.20s. A stock nozzle (i.e., not Canadian modified) should run the gun about 360 fps with 0.20s under stock conditions. With an NPAS, the fps of an otherwise stock rifle should adjust downwards into your target range.

As for your internals - if you intend to use it as your everyday gun, I'd swap out the hopup rubber (RA-TECH), bolt latch handle (Nebula), and as many of the trigger pack parts for their RA-TECH steel equivalents. That will make the gun consistent and reliable.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 15:42   #3
Wolf888

Thanks , I all ready have the change handle ( stock one snapped in 2 days lol ) and the new blue RA tech rubber Maybe I just did something wrong with the NPAS in the stock nozzle since it was shooting sub 200 open or closed ill try again..
Old April 25th, 2012, 19:45   #4
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf888 View Post
Thanks , I all ready have the change handle ( stock one snapped in 2 days lol ) and the new blue RA tech rubber Maybe I just did something wrong with the NPAS in the stock nozzle since it was shooting sub 200 open or closed ill try again..
Why do you guys use Ra-Tech buckings when you could take full advantage of the VSR compatibility of the Open Bolt guns and use something way superior?

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 23:44   #5
Wolf888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
Why do you guys use Ra-Tech buckings when you could take full advantage of the VSR compatibility of the Open Bolt guns and use something way superior?

Fox.
i am new and stupid?
Old April 26th, 2012, 19:06   #6
Fox62
Banned

I don't know what's causing your problems as I own a SCAR and not the G39, but I would try to see if you can order a stock standard nozzle. Maybe the NPAS wasn't properly installed and you messed up the floating valve spring? Install the nozzle and see what happens.

Also, as for the bucking, go with the Modify VSR bucking (it's tan in color). It will give you MUCH better air seal (at least over the stock one, not sure how the seal is on the Ra-Tech). And will allow for quite far and precise shots. You can also regulate the FPS with a lighter floating valve spring, as I never really liked the NPAS Valve much.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 23:50   #7
Wolf888

Thanks for the info
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications