Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Army Sniper school on Discovery

:

Other Regions

Old May 25th, 2006, 19:58   #1
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

US Army Sniper school on Discovery

Somehow I pondered upon these from an American Sniper Airsoft forum, Pretty interesting, gave me some creative ideas for the next Sniper course Sha Do runs when im around.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97kSS...niper%20school

PArt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYPRP...niper%20school
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:01   #2
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Nice Find

Btw... If you have it, on A&E at 9h00pm there's a documentary about Lima company USMC in Irak
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:11   #3
^Hyperion^

awesome find , I'll make sure to share it with people interested. Very instructive

^Hyperion^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:21   #4
Ghillie973

Send a message via MSN to Ghillie973 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghillie973
Nice find.

Any idea when Sha Do is running another course?
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:45   #5
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghillie973
Nice find.

Any idea when Sha Do is running another course?
To answer your question, I dont know, I havent been around as im in Pet doing some training. The next time I talk to him I will ask and post on the forum on his behalf. I have a feeling he will run one when im not around, that means I cannot conduct a sniper boot camp.....dammit.......lots of PT.....
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
Old May 25th, 2006, 20:55   #6
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaKaL
Nice Find

Btw... If you have it, on A&E at 9h00pm there's a documentary about Lima company USMC in Irak
Unfortunatly I dont have that channel....Doh
Old May 25th, 2006, 23:16   #7
gallantcorey

Send a message via MSN to gallantcorey
Nice Find, I never knew it was that physically and mentally demanding.
“The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.” - Sir Robert Peel
gallantcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 00:27   #8
Sniper1111

Sweet, I just caught the end of it on the discovery channel it was great to see the whole thing this time around.
Sniper1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 00:48   #9
Mysteryfish

Are there techniques they teach you for memorization and situational awareness, or is that memory test just a weed-out technique?
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:01   #10
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

I think I have this one on disk.

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 13:09   #11
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryfish
Are there techniques they teach you for memorization and situational awareness, or is that memory test just a weed-out technique?
The memory test you see in the clip is what we here in Canada call KIMS games. These help aid soldiers's memories, especially if your in Recce. If you conduct a recce of an enemy postion and cannot remember things you have seen when you return back to your camp, then your no use to your commander. therefor the KIMS games is like an exercise for the brain and it helps a soldier remember what he/she has seen after a period of time. In an ideal world you would write and draw things down, but sometimes there is no time or the mission does not allow you to do so in case you get captured.

I dont know if the Army in the States uses the memory test to weed out cadidates, but here in Canada it is used to aid in ones memory and is an exellent exercise to aid in ones memory retention after a recce.

If I missed out on anything please add on, and if im wrong in what I wrote correct me, as it has been a while since I have done this stuff :-D

If im around for Sha Do's next sniper course ill conduct some KIMS games, I will start off with just a few easy objects then make things a lil more difficult for those who want to.

What I have done for the KIMS games is the instructor would have us go for a 5-6km run, along the route there would be typical objects that would be encountered such as a helmet, rifle (rubber), pistol (rubber), canteen, bayonet, clothing articles (typically what the enemy uses), etc. Once we completed the run, we continued with training, at the end of the day the instructor handed us paper and asked us to jot down every object we seen. Typically its done a half hour after, but the instructor decided to do at the end of the day, I believe its the proper way of doing this as your missions can last up to a day or even days.
Old May 27th, 2006, 16:47   #12
Mysteryfish

Ok, thanks!

So... would you typically find that with time and practice, memorization actually gets better?

I only ask because I don't know much about how the memory works, and whether there are tricks and techniques for memorizing things...
Mysteryfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2006, 19:36   #13
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryfish
Ok, thanks!

So... would you typically find that with time and practice, memorization actually gets better?

I only ask because I don't know much about how the memory works, and whether there are tricks and techniques for memorizing things...
I am no expert, but im basing from my experience that the KIMS games have helped, and others that have done it as well, they too say it helps. Im sure there is someone on these boards that have studied how the long and short term memory work when it comes to KIMS games and other exercises that help in memeory retention and later have that info extracted.
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:57   #14
retzseo

Send a message via MSN to retzseo Send a message via Yahoo to retzseo Send a message via Skype™ to retzseo
youtube removed the video, anyone who can post a link for another copy of it?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions