Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

North Korea - Hell March

:

Other Regions

Old January 29th, 2011, 17:27   #1
LegioXIII

North Korea - Hell March

For those of you looking to re-enact the DPRK's armed forces, here's something to inspire you.

YouTube - North Korea - Hell March - New Footage 720P

Look at the precision in their movements!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazee083 View Post
hey duds if i get the so the frame could not be converted to an GBB
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 17:33   #2
Cifyra
Iskaryot

That korean girl is cute yo
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 17:39   #3
cooney

In maybe a year or two I'll get something ready
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 18:06   #4
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Love how they bob up and down as they march and their old ass equiptment

I just wonder how long it is until someone does something about them, we KNOW they're useless and couldn't last long in a war. Funny watch regardless though!

Agreed though, some of the female troops weren't too bad looking :P

EDIT: I'll just leave this here YouTube - South Korea's Military - Hell March
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; January 29th, 2011 at 18:17..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 18:19   #5
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Love how they bob up and down as they march and their old ass equiptment

I just wonder how long it is until someone does something about them, we KNOW they're useless and couldn't last long in a war. Funny watch regardless though!

Agreed though, some of the female troops weren't too bad looking :P

EDIT: I'll just leave this here YouTube - South Korea's Military - Hell March
The communist thought in order to have a strong economy, it must first have a strong military. China knows the reverse is true. So I really doubt North Korean could afford to upgrade its arsenal without first actually having a working economy.
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 18:33   #6
georgehutchison

Either way that was a well done Video. I can't say drill was ever my strong point.
Old January 29th, 2011, 18:51   #7
LegioXIII

If South Korea didn't have tremendous military support from the US for the last 60 years I think things would be quite a bit different on the peninsula.

North Korea is probably the most isolated country in the world (politically, socially, militarily). Everything they do has to be home grown. Equipment itself is one thing, but the will and mentality of the people goes a long way. These people are so isolated from the rest of the world that they know nothing but loyalty to their own nation. Look at how the will of the people fighting can make up for a tremendous difference in equipment (the more intesified fighting in WWII as the Allies got closer to the Japanese home islands, poorly equipped and supplied Viet Cong / North Vietnamese Army holding off the Americans / Aussies as well as China a couple of years later, insurgents STILL causing damage in Iraq, handfuls of guys hiding in caves in Afghanistan holding their own against the combined forces of multiple technologically superior militaries, not to mention holding off the Russians 20 years earlier). They're willing to divert money from purchasing food (so their own people starve to death) and use it instead on developing their military. Any invasion of North Korea is liable to be a bloodbath.

They are also the one country crazy enough to do things like kidnapping citizens from other countries, regularly sending infiltration teams into South Korea, and digging secret tunnels to allow a huge amount of troops to move in secret and launch surprise attacks into the south, should the war ever fire up again.

Quote:
DMZ - DPRK Tunnels

According to north Korean defectors, Kim Il-Sung -- president of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea -- issued a sweeping order in the early 1970s that required every Korean People's Army division along the Demilitarized Zone to dig and maintain at least two tunnels into South Korea. The opposing United Nations Command had been aware of an earlier north Korean tunneling effort that never became an actuality, but was surprised when new evidence came up that indicated the north was hard at work underground again.

On November 15, 1974 while in operation in the western DMZ near Korangpo, allied reconnaissance troops found steam rising from the earth's surface indicating that a tunnel was present underneath the DMZ. The tunnels depth is believed to be some 45 meters, has a total length of 3,500 meters of which 1,000 meters invaded into the DMZ. The tunnel is along a course that would have exiting soldiers heading towards Korango, Uijongbu and is some 65 km from Seoul, 8 km northeast of Korangpo. It has a prefabricated wall of concrete and slate. When discovered, there were 220-volt and 60-watt lamps, electric lines, railways, and track vehicles. The ground is inclined by 5 degrees to the north to prevent water from gathering. There are turning points on the railroad. The tunnel is large enough to allow the transit of a regiment of troops and heavy artillery every hour.

On March 19, 1975 a second tunnel was discovered following the testimony of Kim Bu-sung, former official of the Liaison Bureau of the Workers' Party of North Korea, who participated in the construction of underground tunnels and defected to the South in 1974. The South Korean Army analyzed the sound of underground explosions which started to be heard in Cholwon in 1972, and examined suspected sites. The arch-shaped tunnel is double the size of the 1st Underground Tunnel. There is a plaza where troops gather, and three exits which were to be used for both conventional and unconventional warfare. The tunnel is located some 13 km north of Cholwon and is 101 km from Seoul. It has a total length of 3,500 meters and is 50-160 meter below the surface. About 3,000 armed troops and their vehicles, artillery and tanks can pass per hour.

On October 17, 1978 a third tunnel was discovered following th e 1975 testimony of defector Kim Bu-sung. Initial efforts to discover the tunnel failed until June 10, 1978, when an excavation hole was exploded, they started to dig a counter-tunnel which later reached the North's tunnel on October 17, 1978. It is about the same size as the 2nd Underground Tunnel, but would have been the most threatening tunnel if the North had used it to invade Seoul. According to Kim Bu-sung, North Korea planned to make five southern exits. Normally one or two were to be used, but in a decisive stage all were to be put into use. It was designed for both conventional warfare and guerrilla infiltration. The tunnel is 4 km south of Panmunjom and 44 km from Seoul. It is 73 meters underground and roughly 1,635 meters long. About 30,000 ranked, heavily-armed troops can pass per hour.

After detecting the sound of underground motors in May of 1989, the Army started excavation work using state-of-the-art reconnaissance devices developed by the Korean Institute for Science and Technology. They sent electric waves through antennas, which were put through excavation halls driven every 20 meters. Analyzing the transformation of the waves, they were able to pinpoint the tunnel's location as well as determine its size. Twenty-three days after they started digging, the counter-tunnel reached the North Korean tunnel. Forty-five Korean and foreign journalists were present at the scene of discovery of the fourth tunnel on March 3, 1990. The tunnel is 145 meters below the surface and is 2,052 meters long. It is located 26 km northeast of Yangku. The tunnel could allow the transit of some 30,000 soldiers per hour.
Original link HERE

To be fair, South Korea would also fight absolutely ferociously if the war flared up again. They, like the north, would be fighting for their very existence. I wouldn't want to mess with either of the Koreas.

The bouncing while marching is part of their particular style. Marching in goose-step is not easy at all. Marching in synchronized goose step is even harder. Here's another example of such marching - watch for the SS at around 1h 26mins in - YouTube - Triumph des Willens (Full movie - English subbed)

Quote:

Last edited by LegioXIII; January 29th, 2011 at 19:16..
Old January 29th, 2011, 20:02   #8
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegioXIII View Post
If South Korea didn't have tremendous military support from the US for the last 60 years I think things would be quite a bit different on the peninsula.

North Korea is probably the most isolated country in the world (politically, socially, militarily). Everything they do has to be home grown. Equipment itself is one thing, but the will and mentality of the people goes a long way. These people are so isolated from the rest of the world that they know nothing but loyalty to their own nation. Look at how the will of the people fighting can make up for a tremendous difference in equipment (the more intesified fighting in WWII as the Allies got closer to the Japanese home islands, poorly equipped and supplied Viet Cong / North Vietnamese Army holding off the Americans / Aussies as well as China a couple of years later, insurgents STILL causing damage in Iraq, handfuls of guys hiding in caves in Afghanistan holding their own against the combined forces of multiple technologically superior militaries, not to mention holding off the Russians 20 years earlier). They're willing to divert money from purchasing food (so their own people starve to death) and use it instead on developing their military. Any invasion of North Korea is liable to be a bloodbath.

They are also the one country crazy enough to do things like kidnapping citizens from other countries, regularly sending infiltration teams into South Korea, and digging secret tunnels to allow a huge amount of troops to move in secret and launch surprise attacks into the south, should the war ever fire up again.

Original link HERE

To be fair, South Korea would also fight absolutely ferociously if the war flared up again. They, like the north, would be fighting for their very existence. I wouldn't want to mess with either of the Koreas.

The bouncing while marching is part of their particular style. Marching in goose-step is not easy at all. Marching in synchronized goose step is even harder. Here's another example of such marching - watch for the SS at around 1h 26mins in - YouTube - Triumph des Willens (Full movie - English subbed)
Agreed, goose stepping is hardly the easiest form of march around, I know, out of sheer boredom, I learned to do it. but again, taking a look at the germans, they do bob but they keep it as minimal as possible and don't allow uniform chunks or weapons to flop because of it. Opening scene is even slowed own, allows a better view YouTube - Waffen SS - Wenn alle untreu Werden

As far as will goes, I'm not convinced the NK population is as diehard loyal as some would believe or like them to be, they have no say in the matter and as history has proved, starving troops/populations don't make for a good military/paramilitary
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 20:07   #9
LegioXIII

Quote:
As far as will goes, I'm not convinced the NK population is as diehard loyal as some would believe or like them to be, they have no say in the matter and as history has proved, starving troops/populations don't make for a good military/paramilitary
True enough. Let's hope no one has to found out the hard way.

Quote:
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:09   #10
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
While I agree the North Koreans are not to be trifled with, the general isolation of the country indicates to me that they would not last in a war of attrition. Admittedly China has been known to back them in the past and that kind of support now would make a huge difference, but with the way modern China is unfolding, coupled with North Korea's nuclear development, makes me think China's views towards North Korea may be shifting from "asset" to "liability".

If there was a outbreak of war between North and South Korea again, then it is not impossible that China would back off entirely and South Korea's allies would move in and cream NK before things got really bad.

Mind you, that's the best case scenario and is thus extremely unlikely. Lets just hope the status quo lasts long enough for North Korea to collapse more peacefully.
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:19   #11
LegioXIII

Good points by you guys. I really wouldn't trust North Korea to not use any NBC weapons they may or may not have, though.

On a more light-hearted note, I love the song ("Hell March") played in the video. Takes me back to playing Command and Conquer: Red Alert when it first came out.

Quote:

Last edited by LegioXIII; January 30th, 2011 at 01:27..
Old January 30th, 2011, 01:25   #12
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Agreed, goose stepping is hardly the easiest form of march around, I know, out of sheer boredom, I learned to do it. but again, taking a look at the germans, they do bob but they keep it as minimal as possible and don't allow uniform chunks or weapons to flop because of it. Opening scene is even slowed own, allows a better view YouTube - Waffen SS - Wenn alle untreu Werden

Look at the difference though, NK puts a little bounce into their "goose step" on purpose where the German troops meant to stay as straight as possible.

As for a war with NK, it's not their military or their old equipment like tanks, it's their leaders. They know they cannot win a war against another country with better equipment, so they are more willing to use WMD's. Seriously, in this day and age it wouldn't surprise me for North Korea to be the first to actually nuke another country.

Last edited by Drache; January 30th, 2011 at 01:30..
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:08   #13
Greenwolf
Talraga

Send a message via MSN to Greenwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
As for a war with NK, it's not their military or their old equipment like tanks, it's their leaders. They know they cannot win a war against another country with better equipment, so they are more willing to use WMD's. Seriously, in this day and age it wouldn't surprise me for North Korea to be the first to actually nuke another country.
True, but they are also the least likely to set off a mutually assured destruction scenario. They almost certainly don't have enough nukes or the means to deliver them to do much damage compared to the U.S., China, or Russia. Also, China would not be willing to go to all out nuclear war with anyone over North Korea; hell it's probably more likely they'd clobber North Korea if they did use them, as the fallout might blow into China. Same story with Russia.

It is far more likely if North Korea was to use WMDs it would be a localized event that would assure the end of North Korea at the hands of a dozen angry first world powers. Tragic? Yes. Cause a lot of death? Absolutely. Cause WW3? Not likely.

Again, lets hope it never happens.

Last edited by Greenwolf; January 30th, 2011 at 02:12..
Greenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 18:03   #14
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwolf View Post
True, but they are also the least likely to set off a mutually assured destruction scenario. They almost certainly don't have enough nukes or the means to deliver them to do much damage compared to the U.S., China, or Russia.
Yes but US and Russia both wont fire nukes, not anymore. They know what it would do if they themselves fired off nukes to the environment and to the people. They would instead send in massive bombing campaigns to the country followed by troops.

In this day and age it wouldn't take a lot for NK to do some damage. Simply smuggle a couple small nukes into the US and detonate them near key targets of government. President, Vice President, and the Senate all in three blasts and if done right that no one seems it coming nor knows who really did it and the US won't be attacking anyone for awhile until they get their government back in order.

Or:

One thing about NATO is they also have the habit of dragging their asses. If the NK say somehow invaded SK and took them over , if done right and fast enough, NATO I don't think would even blink an eye. That would then give NK all the modern arms and training that SK employs.

Wait a couple years and then with China's help attack the Japan. Now this would make the world sit up and take notice since Japan is one of the major players. But once again do it fast enough and force Japan's surrender and they might sort of get away with it. I'd do this by invading equipment into Japan using commercial airliners and cargo ships. Force the Japanese army and airforce into looking internally, then hit them with strategic airstrikes by aircraft and long range missiles.

So if NK got this done fast enough then they could waste time arguing with NATO about releasing Japan, meanwhile building up arms.

Or better yet Korea (united at this time) could slowly start taking over small asian countries that no one really cares about and use the men from these countries to bolster it's military might and then do the whole Japan thing.

I mean... I've got some other points I wont get into but this is generally the plan Im going with anyways in the next 5 years.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 18:24   #15
Armed Infidel
a.k.a. Bob Sickinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
That korean girl is cute yo
Ya but all the others had really fat legs..sorry I'm a legs and breast kinda guy!

JIHAD...works both ways
Armed Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions