Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Aimpoint vs. EOTech Thread

:

Accessories Discussion

View Poll Results: Which brand of sight would you choose to be stuck with forever?
Aimpoint. 43 38.39%
EOTech. 39 34.82%
Iron sights... Because I'm a man. 30 26.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 6th, 2013, 19:58   #31
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Aimpoint.

Long battery life, 3rd party mounting options, and it's not ITAR restricted since Aimpoint is Swedish... meaning if it ever goes tits up, I can send it in for work. Also enjoy the ability to roll my palm on the dial and change the intensity quickly.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 20:11   #32
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
Aimpoint.

Long battery life, 3rd party mounting options, and it's not ITAR restricted since Aimpoint is Swedish... meaning if it ever goes tits up, I can send it in for work.
Aimpoint's are on the ITAR munitions list. If you buy one in the US, it is subject to ITAR, luckily we don't need to buy them from the states hehe.
Hell, Elcan Specter DR's are also on the ITAR list even though they are made in Canada!

Quote:
Also enjoy the ability to roll my palm on the dial and change the intensity quickly.
Always loved this feature, its so fast for adjustments. Though, I was really happy to see that on the Eotech EXPS units, the buttons now have this really nice tactile "click" to them.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 20:17   #33
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3sk View Post
Aimpoint's are on the ITAR munitions list. If you buy one in the US, it is subject to ITAR, luckily we don't need to buy them from the states hehe.
True, I meant in terms of servicing. If I buy a EoTech in Canada, and it dies, I'm screwed since I can't send it back to EoTech... Aimpoint however...

The funniest ITAR I've ever seen is a company that refused to sell a Canadian made CADEX grip to Canadians.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 20:22   #34
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
True, I meant in terms of servicing. If I buy a EoTech in Canada, and it dies, I'm screwed since I can't send it back to EoTech... Aimpoint however...

The funniest ITAR I've ever seen is a company that refused to sell a Canadian made CADEX grip to Canadians.
ITAR is a tricky thing, sometimes the Canadian made products are on contract to a different country, and although made in Canada... they can only be sold in said country.

Fear not! you can send ITAR products purchased in Canada back to companies such as L3 for servicing. For example, if you purchase an Eotech from Wolverine supplies. Wolverines will ship it to and from L3 for you. They were legally exported from the US, and thus their serial numbers are tied to exportation paperwork signed and authorized by the state department.

You can even send your Aimpoint back to Aimpoint in the US if the original optic came from their distribution and was legally purchased in Canada, although it is easier to directly send it overseas (Might end up there anyways!)

Last edited by c3sk; February 6th, 2013 at 20:25..
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 21:11   #35
kullwarrior

Aimpoint -one of the few things the US Army did it right....
Camoflage -> Failed
Using Carbine and standard rifle -> Failed
Using 5.56 despite being ineffective with shorter barrel -> Failed
Waste money on 5.56 carbine only to cancel it->Failed
Old February 6th, 2013, 21:18   #36
SuperHog

Iron sights because nothing to shoot out or fail. Just point and shoot just like my sidearm.

Outdoors, just trace the bbs in the flight path. Indoors, the flashlight makes the bb path visible.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:07   #37
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
They are not selling it to airsofter, they are selling it to RS shooter. The idea is you don't have to ever turn it off. For a defense gun you just pick it up and its there, and for soldier its one less thing to worry about in the field...And a T1 is still $400+ cheaper than a SRS....
They're making an airsoft SRS version as we speak. Also the SRS is $200 more than a t1 don't know where your getting your numbers.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:33   #38
Magnaroth

Do the Aimpoints have the NV capability?
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:38   #39
Berkut
PinkEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnaroth View Post
Do the Aimpoints have the NV capability?
Yep.

I voted EOTech, by the way... Still regretting selling mine few years back.

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:12   #40
Magnaroth

I've never used an Aimpoint, but I love my Faux-Tech EOTech, so that's what I voted.
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:48   #41
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

As a paperweight, I'd have to say Eotech. Nothing beats it's flat, balances design when on a desk or table top. It'll never fall, or tip over either; and paperweights don't need very much accuracy, so the Eotech fits right in there.

As far as weapon sites go Aimpoint has my vote. I have an M series (real steel) on my PTW, and it's awesome all around.

For "extreme" CQB I'd say Eotech over Aimpiont, but then I'd probably use iron sights or something different altogether.
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:57   #42
RacingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr701 View Post
They're making an airsoft SRS version as we speak. Also the SRS is $200 more than a t1 don't know where your getting your numbers.
I've seen T1 go from $450-$650, SRS go from $850 to almost $1000....Also, airsoft version of most non-magnified sights are just a RDS with different body, they rarely shares their RS counterpart's characteristic. SRS's big selling point over an Aimpoint or a EoTech is solar power with battery backup(long-ish battery life also), and a big 38mm glass for bright sight picture. Airsoft version won't likely have the solar power, battery life will be shit, and ther glass will be lower grade and it'll just look dark. In the end its just heavier RDS...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; February 8th, 2013 at 13:01..
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 13:25   #43
Maxxa

I voted Iron sights, because if they aren't enough for airsoft you should probably go to an eye doctor.
If you are looking for that certain look then iron sights won't be enough.
Maxxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 14:41   #44
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Irons only work if your airsoft gun is accurate, but I know what your saying. A proper sight can improve your shooting, even on an airsoft gun.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:25   #45
OM3GA

Personally I am going to pick Aimpoint but only by a small margin. I actually prefer the Eotech reticle and how a true holo sight works but just out of the pure simpleness and durability of an Aimpoint, it's my choice.

One of the big deciding factors for me is also the battery life on the Aimpoints, you can leave them on all year and not even have to worry about the batteries. Simply change them on a set date every year and you will be good for life. Sure that my not be necessary but why not.

If I had a choice of optic it would probably be an Aimpoint CompM3 in a LaRue LT150 mount. A very close second would be an EOTech EXPS3.

Oh yeah, I like irons too. Just not as much as a nice optic.

Durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis.
OM3GA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion