Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hi, I'm new to airsoft!

:

General

Old July 1st, 2020, 09:31   #1
pveldt

Hi, I'm new to airsoft!

So, first post here. I am from Whitehorse, Yukon. I have really considered getting an airsoft pistol. I have a few steel .177 bb guns.

I want to teach my 2 daughters the basics of pistol safety, handling and shooting skills. I was Canadian Forces and have handled all sorts of stuff.

I am looking for recommendations of an air soft pistol and would like it to have the following:
Full Blowback, Full drop out mag (preferably co2 - I have a few cases around!) and possibly less than $200.

What I am really needing is as close to real as possible to target practice with my kids in the garage without worrying about a steel bb ricochets!

Cheers and Happy Canada Day!

Paul
pveldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 17:24   #2
C23

Welcome!

I have been very happy with the KWA MKIV and the Tokyo Marui Night Warrior.

Might be slightly over budget, but worth every penny.
C23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2020, 21:06   #3
Zfurlong

pretty much anything by kwc should suit your needs. the g17, 1911, p226x5, and cz75 are all decent enough i have owned those 4 and have yet to have one die on me. the 226 is running on 8 years now, the cz is at 6, the 1911 is at 5 and the g17 is 2 years now
Old July 6th, 2020, 15:15   #4
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
KWC is a good plinker, C02 has nice kick.

ASG P09 DUTY was one of my favorites!

Otherwise, if you can source a simple WE Glock 17 I would recommend those, bunch of parts around, and while they use green gas- you can get a propane adapter and buy the coleman propane and use that endless.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2020, 05:44   #5
morgana

Hello and welcome ~
morgana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2020, 14:23   #6
dermolotov

hello!
dermolotov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2020, 14:55   #7
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

As BioRage says, if you want CO2, look for the ASG / KJW CZ P09, great little pistols, and spare parts are very easy to acquire and quite cheap.

I personally wouldn't use a KWC even for plinking. Spare parts are very hard, sometimes impossible to find, and they are not that durable to begin with...

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2020, 17:33   #8
BassRob

I would recommend anything by Tokyo Marui. Very reliable, upgradeable, reasonably priced. But would also look at green gas, as less velocity which would be ideal for indoor plinking. Co2 can run hard on a pistol, aswell as high velocity.
BassRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2020, 18:34   #9
steele650
Banned

KJW gas guns are usually around that price point before shipping and taxes as well and some come with a CO2 mag I have a KJW KP-16 1911(not CO2 powered but can accept KJW 1911 CO2 mags)paid more for this one but they're olderish line up like the p226r, p226e2, 1911 meu, 1911 fm, m9 these are all of the just under $200 mark for GBB pistols which I'm sure all have a co2 option and if you go to Torontoairsoft.com you can get the full metal ones too as some were made with a tinted plastic frame at one point back in the day.

Last edited by steele650; September 19th, 2020 at 18:36.. Reason: Explained KJW mags
steele650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2020, 12:51   #10
Ratters

Realism, weight, affordability

Some of the more recent TM pistols are now 1/1 scale with correct function and drop hammer safeties if you want your kids to eventually transition to real steel.

One that comes to mind is the Tokyo Marui M9A1 and new type 92F. They have installed weights in the grips and also an alloy weight around the inner barrel and also use the 15mm piston, up from the 13.5 or whatever it was in previous models. Function is that of the real pistols minus the loaded chamber indicator.

VFC HK 45 series also use the drop hammer safety system, 1/1 scale and weight. Recoil effect and recoil springs are also strong. Marui HK pistols are also fantastic, they may take time to break in, some folks have had slide lock back issues with the 45 Tactical line.

The new TM Glock 17 Gen 4 is a beautiful pistol and it's 1/1 scale if Glock types are your thing BUT the slide stop loves tearing up the outer plastic slide. The KJ Works KP-17/18 and 13F pistols are tough hombres and fun to shoot. TM Glock mags will fit but they use a curved piston to seal design and KJ works are a flat piston to flat seal design so stick to kj mags for the kj pistols.

Careful and detailed research saves moolah and this is based on my limited experience to date

The latest VFC Glocks are nice but do research. Some no longer have the internal mag stop (that prevents installed over travel in the gen5 line, with the flared maxwell) and smacking them in can over travel the magazine past the stop and then you've got problems

The VP9 by VFC is an animal, having one of the strongest kicks I've felt in a GBB pistol. It uses a massive over-sized piston design and it's downright violent but puts a smile on your face.

The 1911 series by TM are really good, many many aftermarket parts available but could set you back a bit to bring it up to realistic weight.

Hope it helps

Last edited by Ratters; October 23rd, 2020 at 12:56..
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 15:39   #11
Loki_Norse

Welcome!
Loki_Norse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2020, 12:41   #12
LOstPLanet

Welcome!
LOstPLanet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General