Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Clearsoft GBBR's are here

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 27th, 2009, 11:19   #16
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Heat transfer towards the liquid to boil into gas means the ambiant heat in the mag goes there

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:26   #17
L473ncy

Well I don't know the intricities of it since I'm not a physics major however yes you're right liquid nitrogen is colder than nitrogen in it's gaseuos form (otherwise we'd have a big problem seeing as 78% of the atmosphere is made up of nitrogen).

I don't think it works that way exactly since what's keeping it in it's liquid form is actually pressurization not it just being really really cold.

Also yes it looks like it's the black version of the gun Ken was showing off (same name and model).

EDIT: Surebet is right I forgot about endo/exothermic stuff. Take it simply as you need to "boil off" the liquid nitrogen but how do you do that without energy? You take it from the surrounding area/objects of course.

Last edited by L473ncy; September 27th, 2009 at 11:31..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:38   #18
Doombringer

Since the pressure is higher in the tank/mag, the vaporization points gets higher so that it stays under a liquid form at ambient temperature. When you release it in and it gets ambient pressure, the vaporization points decreases, so it expands and become gas again. Due to the change of pressure inside the canister (because you remove some mass), it changes the temperature. Simple maths.

PV = nRT

where P = pressure in KPa
V = Volume
n = moles
R = constant (8,31)
T = temperature in Kelvins

You didn't follow your classes in college?
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:55   #19
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
im a little confused on one point.

If you have liquid propane, and it turns to gas. doesn't that mean its technically heating up? as you have to cool it down to make it into a liquid (i.e.: LIQUID nitrogen is colder than nitrogen gas). but i understand the point. essentially, the propane, through constant firing will lower the temperature of the internals of the gun, causing lower FPS etc. Thanks

And the gun being used, i take it was the all black version of the gun Ken is advertising correct?
Liquid to Gas is an endothermic reaction
Gas to Liquid is an exothermic reaction think of this way in a phase change the molecule is refusing to change temperature by changing state
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:56   #20
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
Since the pressure is higher in the tank/mag, the vaporization points gets higher so that it stays under a liquid form at ambient temperature. When you release it in and it gets ambient pressure, the vaporization points decreases, so it expands and become gas again. Due to the change of pressure inside the canister (because you remove some mass), it changes the temperature. Simple maths.

PV = nRT

where P = pressure in KPa
V = Volume
n = moles
R = constant (8,31)
T = temperature in Kelvins

You didn't follow your classes in college?
Crim/History Major. No science (haven't done chem stuff since grade 10). We focus on complex thought and critical thinking in my program (i.e.: Bullshit)

but thanks for the info.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:09   #21
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Liquid to Gas is an endothermic reaction
Gas to Liquid is an exothermic reaction think of this way in a phase change the molecule is refusing to change temperature by changing state
Well, don't call it endothermic or exothermic reactions, since they are not reactions, just physical phase changes. One requires the input of heat, the other gives out heat as the process occurs. This is due to the latent heat of vaporisation and the latent heat of condensation, respectively (the heat required or the heat evolved from the evaporation or condensation of a fluid)
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:16   #22
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
yup.... ujiro is right on the spot.
as the gas cools, it becomes more dense, exerting less pressure and lowering the rof and fps.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:16   #23
Donster

lets just summarize everything with Cool Down is when through rapid firing, the internals of the gas weapon "freeze up" (i.e.: lowers in temp.), resulting in lower FPS
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:25   #24
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
the gas in the magazine cools down. The internals of the gun are unaffected. And the rof drops too... obviously.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:30   #25
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhaoyang View Post
the gas in the magazine cools down. The internals of the gun are unaffected. And the rof drops too... obviously.
gotcha
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:58   #26
kullwarrior

question this is about Clearsoft/ Cansoft/ crapsoft GBBR why are we talking chemistry of phase change?!?
Back to topic guys....
Just check the price, it looks pretty similiar to AEG -> Canada. You can probably get a full metal black one for ~$800 using a rough formula I figure out how retailer charges. WE SCAR is like what? $950? so in a sense I guess the clearsoft is a lil worth it....until clear SCAR release (I would be all over that...and spray paint)
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:02   #27
Conker

I agree, BUT the problem is that being a KJW, it isnt compatible with all the already out upgrades and replacements for WA or WE (and clones), so its cool for and plinking, but for collecting, its clear, and for gameability... see above.

So... its cool, but Im not sure how its worth it.

Is it at least compatible with WE or WA for its mags?
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:04   #28
Qlong
Division

They scrapped the clear SCAR project.

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:12   #29
Conker

From the 007 website:
Quote:
Firing velocities range from 300fps with 134a to 400+fps with green gas. Solid recoil, realistic action & functioning bolt catch, this new GBBR is built to impress. Koba has especially designed a unique adjustable hop-up system that allows compatibility with TM type AEG barrel groups. This means one can install all sorts of AEG front mods to build the dream GBBR of your own!
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:37   #30
coach
aka coachster

props to ken. I wasn't even considering getting a gbbr but now I'm thinking about it as a possibility in the future. I'd game a clear lower gbbr.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion