Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM VSR 10

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 25th, 2005, 06:23   #16
Greylocks

Okay, there's no way to be nice about this.

If you dont know exactly what parts were changed, what each part does, what a sear is, or how to do the work... just dont. Go find an expert, let them do the work, and watch how it's done.
It's painfully obvious that you should not do this yourself.
We cant guess answers for you when you cant provide the basic information in your questions.
If you think I'm saying that because I know better, I'll let you know that I always ask other folks about fixing a gun I've never seen before, or opened before.
There's no shame in this, just a chance to learn.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:31   #17
SpartanJ

i usually do get that stuff done by experts but i need to find out wahts wrong fast.
SpartanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 09:44   #18
Quantis

Send a message via MSN to Quantis
Don't bother with upgrading the sears. I went that route and ended up dumping hundreds of dollars on upgraded pistons, sears, spring guide and spring. Even after this the gun did work properly and would eat the upgraded piston sear after about 30 shots.

Go with the Laylax Zero Trigger. It might be expensive but it will save you HUGE in the long run...

- Quantis
Old November 25th, 2005, 11:07   #19
SpartanJ

i dont even know whats upgraded and whats not, i know the cylinder was. how much does the Laylax zero trigger cost and what does it do?
Old November 25th, 2005, 14:20   #20
odp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantis
Don't bother with upgrading the sears. I went that route and ended up dumping hundreds of dollars on upgraded pistons, sears, spring guide and spring. Even after this the gun did work properly and would eat the upgraded piston sear after about 30 shots.

Go with the Laylax Zero Trigger. It might be expensive but it will save you HUGE in the long run...

- Quantis
Well over 700 shots with Laylax sears, PDI cylinder head, and Laylax internals. No problems here.
odp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2005, 14:55   #21
Valcrow

Send a message via MSN to Valcrow
im on daiki sears first and second with aluminum piston, 130 spring and a bunch of other stuff.. but i've put probabaly more than 2000 shots through it and it still works flawlessly. Plus im the second owner and the first guy took it to like 10 games or so, though he seems a whole lot less trigger happy than i am.

You can get sears at a reasonable price around here. Contrary to what greylocks suggested, I think you should take it upon yourself to learn how the internals work and take it apart yourself, you'll have a much greater appreciation and understanding of the gun. You also seem like someone who wants to know whats in the thing. Taking apart the VSR is nowhere near as scary as a mechbox. I say this is because sniper rifles tend to work better if its maintained often, if you have a metal spring guide, it'll unwind itself every 70 shots for so, so every few games you should open it up, screw the spring guide back in, make sure everythings tight and seal it up with teflon tape. If you were to get a pro to do that all the time it'll cost you a pretty penny. VSR's are easy to take apart if you have any kind of mechanical common sense. Everything goes together nicely and intuitively.

The only thing I would recommend you take it to a pro for is the drilling of the cylinder pin if its still there. Otherwize everything else is easy do it yourself kinda thing. Half the fun is tuning the rifle to just the way you like to use it, and that involves getting into its guts. Of course thats my opinion, every rifleman has his own trusted parts and mentality. Zero trigger is good, but far more expensive than just sears which will probabaly fix your problem.

Go read some VSR guides too, there are some very excellent ones out there that almost guide you step by step taking it apart.

Good luck.
Old November 26th, 2005, 23:35   #22
SpartanJ

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=VSR
thats exactly the same problem as mine
Old November 27th, 2005, 07:17   #23
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJ
i dont even know whats upgraded and whats not, i know the cylinder was. how much does the Laylax zero trigger cost and what does it do?
Again, the problem is that you dont know what you have, what you need, or even what the parts we're talking about do.

Just contact a local expert. We cant answer your questions for (again) the simple reason that we dont know what's in your gun, and neither do you.

Go meet people, ok?
Old November 27th, 2005, 11:58   #24
nutboi

Quote:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...&highlight=VSR
thats exactly the same problem as mine
congrats!! u've used the search function! now i would reccommend using the search function to answer ur question about replacement upgrades and prices.

u get a cookie.
nutboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 06:23   #25
Greylocks

Quote:
i usually do get that stuff done by experts but i need to find out wahts wrong fast.
This makes me wonder; why are you in such a hurry anyway? If you are serious, stop asking here and go find someone.

Let me tell you what this sounds like (wether it's the truth or not does not matter); it sounds like you got a gun on the slide, it's not working as it should, and you plan to try something stupid or show off in a hurry.

Do your homework, find a local expert, and if you're truly in a hurry get away from the computer and follow the advice given.

Otherwise, you're wasting your time and ours. (You could have found a local 'doctor' already).
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner