Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP5A2 or MP5SD2

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:54   #1
Thanatos

MP5A2 or MP5SD2

I have done my research, went to a couple of games, and come to the decision I want an MP5. More specifially an ICS MP5. The game I went to was an outdoor game, and I didn't see one MP5. To which I was surprised. I played with an M4 and hated it. I want a solid stock MP5 for a large battery. I am leaning towards the silenced version as it is silenced.
My question is this: Is there any advantage I maybe overlooking to the non-silenced version other then the shorter overall length of the weapon? Or should I just go with my 'feelings' on this?

Note: I know a silencer can be added to the A2. It is just not in the budget.
Thanks for the input.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:55   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

the SD2 only looks suppressed. In actuality, it sounds no different from the A2.

You pick the one you like the *looks* of more.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:20   #3
Thanatos

so the silencer is not a working silencer? I was under the impression it worked. I thought it slightly muffled the sound, like a phut compared to a phat. lol, that makes no sense.
Thanks for the info.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:51   #4
IUsedToBeShodansOwn

Send a message via MSN to IUsedToBeShodansOwn
please dont take this as me being a wanky bastard, but I think the term we're trying to hammer into newer people's head (I being one of those newer people) is "suppressor" rather than "silencer", since no gun can be literally silenced, but the sound can be supressed.

and about your question, I myself am still quite new to airsoft, but it seems to be my experience that most suppressors are just bodies to house longer barrels, and TRUE suppressors are usually in the $150-$200 range, but dont really do THAT much, since a large amount of the sound is coming off the body, because of the gearbox and motor. correct me if I'm wrong, since I'd like to know the real truth myself. hope I helped.

oh yeah, and I agree with the other guy...buy what you LIKE. I've heard the fastest route to hating your gun is to pick something that works better even though you dont like how it looks or feels as much as something else.
IUsedToBeShodansOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 06:10   #5
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
If you ever want to attach a RIS system to your MP5, dont get the SD version.
There is only one available for the SD and its expensive as hell.
Other than that, get whichever you like the look of best.

Cool thing about the SD is that with just a bit of Dremelling you can instal an M4 length inner barrel that will run all the way to the end of the suppressor.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:21   #6
Boombap

I personally hate the aesthetics of the SD versions, I like the look of that tri-lug flashhider more.
Boombap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 17:29   #7
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
well isnt that just fuckin dandy.

as far as maruis go i noticed a change of tone between the a and sd series mp5's. the sd sounds a little beefier if you ignore the mechbox sounds. if you want a quiet gun, concentrate on internals. helical gears, a little foam insulation and a silent head set will take you a long way compared to a silencer.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:38   #8
Thanatos

The only thing I thought about adding is a laser. I don't like the look of raped m4's and mp5's. Correct me if I am wrong but in the version 3 of the mp5's did ICS make a place to attach a laser? or is this just a non-SURPRESSED feature?
Old August 3rd, 2005, 03:35   #9
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
There's a mount that attaches to the front sight of the MP5 in which you can attach a flashlight or laser. Check with your local fields first though, some fields don't allow the use of lasers.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 10:32   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie
well isnt that just fuckin dandy.

as far as maruis go i noticed a change of tone between the a and sd series mp5's. the sd sounds a little beefier if you ignore the mechbox sounds. if you want a quiet gun, concentrate on internals. helical gears, a little foam insulation and a silent head set will take you a long way compared to a silencer.
That's my experience as well. I added an SD front end to my TM MP5A5 and the sound did get beefier and softer, more a "Thub-thub-thub" sound instead of the usual "Thwack-thwack-thwack" sound.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion