Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New convert to the AR cause!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 15th, 2012, 21:18   #1
LoricTheMad

New convert to the AR cause!

So, after spending several years as an adherent to either SIG rifles or Kalashnikovs, I recently picked up both a full stock version of the Benelli M3 and a King Arms M4A1. I'm curious as to what a good next step is. Some sort of optic to replace the carry handle/rear sight, a BUIS and an EOtech clone are likely in order, but I'm stumped as to where to go from there....

Any brilliant ideas?
Old August 15th, 2012, 21:32   #2
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
have a look in the "THIS IS M4 THREAD" there is litterally every way shape and form of M4 in there then just pick what ya like and go from there
Old August 16th, 2012, 00:40   #3
HackD

So many variables, so many varieties of the M4/M16 family to choose from.

I've gone from a virgin new M4A1, to going on to my third revision setup, all within a year. The more that i play with the damn thing mechanically, and in the field, the more that it changes. As such, i'll advise based on my limited, but so far expensive experience.

First.. decide how true to real steel you wish to get in form. Spend many evenings browsing both airsoft forums, and real steel forums eyeballing eye-candy, and identifying the tasty bits that turn your crank, and those that don't. Decide whether you are setting up the rifle for outdoor, longer range, relatively obstacle free use, or whether for indoor CQC'ish use. Tailor your choices based upon that.

Next, spend many more evenings, looking at airsoft parts websites, both domestically and abroad, and start making lists of what you'd like to do with it, based upon the parts you start salivating over, and what seems to work for others in that M4 thread, among other sources. Don't be afraid to eyeball other's M4's at games - most people are glad to talk your ear off about their Gucci'd pride and joy.

Third, say good-bye to any sense of fiscal responsibility.

It all comes down to personal tastes, but i'd suggest paying attention to what works in the hands of actual operators in the field with real steel, and go from there.

Mine started off from a vanilla plain ICS M4A1 14.5" barreled model. I couldn't stand the creaky plastic forestock, so that got changed out to a Noveske RIS, and it all went downhill from there, fast. Latest version is going to be going down to a 10.3" barrel setup, and basically the only thing remaining original is the upper/lower receiver of the gun. By the time the parts get here, I should finally be close to what i want in an M4, in terms of what is aesthetically pleasing and functionally useful to me.

That's all that really counts in the end for airsoft - what works for you.
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 16:16   #4
LoricTheMad

Does anyone know which PRS stock isthe best fit for the King Arms?
Old August 17th, 2012, 16:47   #5
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
Mine started off from a vanilla plain ICS M4A1 14.5" barreled model. I couldn't stand the creaky plastic forestock, so that got changed out to a Noveske RIS, and it all went downhill from there, fast. Latest version is going to be going down to a 10.3" barrel setup
I run an ICS M4A1 as well - have you found an alternative to using an ICS brand outer barrel? I was always under the assumption they were proprietary.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 17:13   #6
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remylebeau View Post
I run an ICS M4A1 as well - have you found an alternative to using an ICS brand outer barrel? I was always under the assumption they were proprietary.
I literally just now installed a "Mad Bull Daniel Defense 10.3" Government Outer Barrel M733" from airsoftparts. Aside from needing to file down the base flange slots slightly to fit the ICS hop-up unit (which was likely a barrel manufacturing tolerance issue), I had absolutely no issues whatsoever. My M4A1 is one manufactured in late 2010.

Last edited by HackD; August 17th, 2012 at 17:17..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion