Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Starter lmg

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 1st, 2015, 14:20   #16
paulwes83

Drake still has an nice looking HK11 up on the boards for a one off look because nobody else has that going on that I've seen in Canada. She'll need a bit of TLC, but his price point is awesome and Amos built it, so it's gotta be good!
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 14:32   #17
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

I owned an LCT RPKS74M and while it was sweet piece, its on the heavy side and the length of it took some getting used to, especially playing in the bush. However it was quite accurate out of the box and had a great rate of fire using a 7.4v lipo.

If I were you, I'd probably go with an M249 para, a Stoner or something of similar size. The RPK just loses points with me for being long and the larger 5.45 mags making going prone a little difficult (though the mags are fucking sweet looking!).

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 18:13   #18
Wilkie

If you're looking to stay away from cumbersome guns, stay away from Russian designed weapons. You can tell none of them, especially mid 20th century era weapons were designed with comfort in mind. Aiming down the sights of a PKM with tell you it sure wasn't made to be fired from a standing or even crouched position. Mind you that's how most medium machine guns are, this trate is shared with their other creations as well.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 18:51   #19
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Adopting an A&K M249 is like adopting a retarded child. You love it with all your heart, and you care for it deeply, and you're so proud of it's accomplishments! When you see it do something as well or better than the other kids' guns, it's a triumph and a lesson in humility at the same time. Ultimately though, it'll never bang the prom queen or win the beauty pageant, and it will die before it's time.

Was that too dark?
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2015, 19:47   #20
Wilkie

Gettin' there....

*giggles regardless*
Old October 2nd, 2015, 21:02   #21
silent_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
If you're looking to stay away from cumbersome guns, stay away from Russian designed weapons. You can tell none of them, especially mid 20th century era weapons were designed with comfort in mind. Aiming down the sights of a PKM with tell you it sure wasn't made to be fired from a standing or even crouched position. Mind you that's how most medium machine guns are, this trate is shared with their other creations as well.
yep i have a PKM with wood furniture and it's definitely not a normal gun to field. Same with a m60e3, just so much weight over a length with poor sight aperture, it's rough to use. (other than working every squeeze unlike the ol`TOP m60 i had years ago...shake shake shake.)

it's actually a lot of work unless youre a huge build. I would suggest nothing bigger than a m249 TBH, it's just not the same game as the lay player or rifleman gets to play; unless you have experience with a super sized support weapon, start with a short LMG.

ps. finally got my 7.62x54mmR dummies from Poland, I am now allowed to use my PKM.

Last edited by silent_lemon; October 2nd, 2015 at 21:07..
silent_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2015, 12:14   #22
Cliffradical

The PKM is a super cool gun but I can't even imagine hauling that thing around. The 249 is bad enough with it's 'pregnant guppy' kind of weight distribution.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 14:10   #23
Off_kilter

We have 4 pkms on our team and in comparison to guns in its class (m240 or m60) I'd argue its a easier to use gun.

Especially if you add the zenit handguard and angled grip.

However if you end up useing it like an assault rifle and you're 5'8 and 170lbs like me you're back is going to feel it by days end.

Also all the machine guns love to blow up it seems.

The rpk with its simple v3 gearvoclx and a couple cyma electric drum mags is the way to go for reliability in my opinion.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 14:34   #24
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

reliability has nothing to do with the type of gearbox, and everything to do with what guntech and parts you use.
My 249 has a V2 mechbox and it never had a mechbox failure in the 5 years I was running it.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2015, 15:24   #25
Off_kilter

Ive seen a lot of failures related to the feed system. For ex. crushed nutsack mags and dirt ingestion in pkm boxes

Also a&k gearboxes seem to be horribly inconsistent. Seen two warped ones....however at the same time one of our pkms has been good to go for 100ks of rounds with no problems the last 3 years... So take that with a grain of salt.
Old October 13th, 2015, 11:20   #26
NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie View Post
The MG36 is cool, but doesn't actually exist in airsoft form. The real thing is much much more than a G36 with a C-mag. There's also the fact that only a handful of these weapons actually exist in the real world, contrary to what video games will tell you
Doesn't JG make one?
NAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 19:31   #27
Cliffradical

Wondering about this too, I swear I've handled one that wasn't just a KV.
Old October 13th, 2015, 22:17   #28
Chairs

Arc makes one. Seen it on 007 airsoft. Where I got the idea from and why I had listed it.
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 22:34   #29
Wilkie

Appears to just have a barrel extension rather than a heavier barrel. There are a few other small things. Mind you I'd call it a MG36 if I saw it
Old October 17th, 2015, 20:19   #30
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

M240b for 7.62 badassery, strong arms and an empty wallet.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion