Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

007 Airsoft SRC H&k 416

:

Reviews

Old February 25th, 2012, 19:28   #1
QKLee11

007 Airsoft SRC H&k 416

Let me 1rst start off, I should of did my research on SRC products before buying this. I bought this AEG because I saw it could handle LIPO Batteries. Since I owned KWA AEG's I thought this would work out.

Boy was I wrong, I bought he SRC H&K 416 for $540 plus $60 for shipping. I have to admit Ken was able to mail his product to me quite quickly. When I got it I liked the outside externals (railing system), the only thing I didn't like was the constante noice of the outside bolt catch and the rear apareture iron site (loose).

I noted when I fired it the pistol grip would heat up. I contact Ken about this and he said it wouldn't be a problem.

I only fired 800 bb's out of it and the internals crashed. The piston was chewed to shit. This gun broke down on OP Rhino. I thought it would be a an easy fix. Not a chance, I have to admit 007 Airsoft sent me a new mech box. This didn't remedy the problem. Upon further investigation we found the body pins didn't fit properly and the new mech box piston was a "cheap nylon" piston like the before.

I took the AEG Toronto Airsoft (Velocity Arms). Turok put in alot of labour to get this AEG ready. The Motor had to be replaced, the gears were replaced and the electric switch. I put a Quantum Piston inside it and new Taiya contacts had to be put in it. Not to mention the 2 body pins were replaced as well as the mech box pin.

This gun now operates effeciently right now. I have just recently fire 600 bb's through it. The only thing I wished I would have done is that the wiring is cheap and should have had it changed out.

Total cost another $190. The gun I would not sell to anyone because of the problems. I will not know the true performance until I run it on a 24 hour MILSIM.

I for one would not reccomend to anyone to buy SRC Products.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 19:43   #2
venture

I agree. I have found SRC to be a low end brand. I warn customers that labour may be higher because of the extra time it sometimes takes when working on sloppy src Generation II gearboxes. I understand that the newer generation gbs have addressed many of the problems of earlier gens.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca

Last edited by venture; March 1st, 2012 at 16:21..
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 22:57   #3
HKGhost

I've also warned people about SRC, but I guess some people need to experience them first hand to know. I wouldn't consider them as a low end brand as some of their parts are made very well. The down side to SRC is, some of their parts are off spec and doesn't get along with on spec parts (some). Another issue is how the gearbox is assembled. Their workers don't know how to assemble their own parts properly and it leads to failed gun. If you were to use the externals, remove the entire gearbox and replace it with a on spec gearbox, you should have a good gun. So for everyone that's planning on buying an SRC gun, before using it, rip out the entire gearbox and chuck it. Buy a complete King Arms one from Airsoftparts, and you are good to go.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 00:04   #4
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture View Post
I agree. I have found SRC to be a low end brand. I warn customers that labour may be higher because of the extra time it sometimes takes when working on sloppy src gearboxes.
+1. SRC is a low end Taiwan made brand which is intended for some budget buyer. Too bad it became a highly inflated priced product in Canada, which misled the buyers they are of same quality of those high end brands.

Buyer should always check their "real price" + review thorough the Internet before making any purchase.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 00:26   #5
QKLee11

SRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
+1. SRC is a low end Taiwan made brand which is intended for some budget buyer. Too bad it became a highly inflated priced product in Canada, which misled the buyers they are of same quality of those high end brands.

Buyer should always check their "real price" + review thorough the Internet before making any purchase.
Yeah I learned the hard way on his one
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 20:45   #6
Warlock

I would invest in a VFC (umarex) over a SRC. They are about the same price.
Old February 27th, 2012, 22:36   #7
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Well said. Hopefully the local retailer could mark this brand price to a more reasonable level, to reflect its true quality.

We don't mind to pay more for better products, but will absolutely be very upset if misled by a highly inflated priced low end products. And for sure we remember the lesson learnt and will turn to other retailers for our next purchase.

Last edited by Swattiger; February 28th, 2012 at 20:49..
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:16   #8
Wantabe_Warrior

I have the same rifle, but the gear box crashed at about 15 bb's. After awhile I got it to my friend (who actually knows how to work on gear boxes, I don't), and he said the gear box is toast, so I did what HKGhost said, and got a KA gear box.
My only other problems I've had are 1) the rear pin had to be dremaled (on the right side of the gun) so it could be removed (no biggy) and 2) the lower receiver won't fit PTS PMags :banghead: , but the real steel HK416 won't either, and I working on a solution.

perks:
Chairsofter
Fortunate Son
Wantabe_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 16:00   #9
Ronald Chang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantabe_Warrior View Post
I have the same rifle, but the gear box crashed at about 15 bb's. After awhile I got it to my friend (who actually knows how to work on gear boxes, I don't), and he said the gear box is toast, so I did what HKGhost said, and got a KA gear box.
My only other problems I've had are 1) the rear pin had to be dremaled (on the right side of the gun) so it could be removed (no biggy) and 2) the lower receiver won't fit PTS PMags :banghead: , but the real steel HK416 won't either, and I working on a solution.
Any warranty from the retailer ? 007 is here for a long time, they should honour what they sold, esepcially your gear box crashed after only 15 bb's.
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 22:28   #10
VooDooJoe

Send a message via ICQ to VooDooJoe Send a message via MSN to VooDooJoe
Got my SRC 416 from 007 at Xmas and haven't had a problem with at all. Now for the record like any AEG you get these day you can't use the spring that comes with them (430fps is too hot.) and I down graded mine to a systema M100 (you don't need huge FPS to be a good player, most of my other AEGs are still stock marui's). I'm using a 9.6V 1600mah NiMh Batt and have put about 3000 round through it with so much as a hic-up. Other than the fake bolt catch rattling I wouldn't change a thing about it. Yes its not as perfect externally as VFC but the ammount of money I save compared to a VFC was considerable. Now I'm not advicating against VFC but I have seen and heard of their mech boxes failing miserably after only a few rounds too. A little due diligence will keep even the crapiest AEG alive and well for years.

Last edited by VooDooJoe; February 28th, 2012 at 22:31.. Reason: spelling.
VooDooJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 22:47   #11
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

I will also chime in with my dislike of SRC. I had their RPK: shitty externals (lol @ "metal" receiver) and shitty internals.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:52   #12
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
What are you talking about? A VFC is $600+, and an SRC is around $450.

Also, out of around 10 guns in our house, our SRC G36K is the ONLY gun that has never broken, and we use it quite frequently when other guns break. I can't speak for the SRC HK416 as I've never owned one, but SRC guns in general are NOT bad guns.

VFC are nice, yes, but they are way over-priced. I would put my G&G M4 against a VFC M4 anyday.
Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:11   #13
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post
What are you talking about? A VFC is $600+, and an SRC is around $450.

Also, out of around 10 guns in our house, our SRC G36K is the ONLY gun that has never broken, and we use it quite frequently when other guns break. I can't speak for the SRC HK416 as I've never owned one, but SRC guns in general are NOT bad guns.

VFC are nice, yes, but they are way over-priced. I would put my G&G M4 against a VFC M4 anyday.
Well it depends how you count

I saw a difference of 50-70$ more for the VFC (comparing to Gen 3 pro SRC's) but I still prefer the VFC. Just for the quality of the external and the fact VFC can take magpul PTS PMAG which is a big asset to me. Internally they are about as crappy each other. Swap the internal by systema stuffs and this thing become a beast.

Last edited by Warlock; February 29th, 2012 at 07:15..
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:22   #14
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready View Post

But SRC's "percentage" of overprice is much greater than that of VFC. This has misled to the end user's misconception about their quality is similar to some other more reputable brands.

With that price range, we certainly have some better choices from other brands now e.g. ICS 552, King Arms M4A1.
Old February 29th, 2012, 17:11   #15
KenC

Send a message via MSN to KenC
Hi guys, if you have problems with SRC products and believe it to be a factory defect, I will gladly deal with it. Please contact me at sales@007airsoft.com, thank you!

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews