cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Whoops I accidentally made a little curve back, I'm too lazy to fix it

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:06   #62
Itom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
CBC Producer for Market place contacted me and asked me if I'd do an interview about "imitation Firearms"

CBC is liberal media.. that much is a given.. By the time they had talked to me thay had already interviewed a few politicians .. and Police officers... every one to the last had the position that "imitation Firearms" should be outright banned.

They wanted to talk to someone who used them for something other than holding up gas stations.

and they wanted to get some footage of people "having fun" using Imitation firearms.. to illustrate the other side of the equation.

The piece is first... not about airsoft... it is about "imitation Firearms" and the fact that a pellet gun that looks exactly like a HK pistol and shoots .177 lead pellets can be "sold to anyone without restriction" While some guns that shoot safer plastic pellets seemingly are more closely regulated.

Its a risk to speak to media.. but the fact is .. they were going to speak to someone...

I tried my best to show how imitation firearms have a legitimate use for responsible users in the proper conditions.

Regardless Erica had some rather pointy questions.. That I answered to the best of my ability.

Its not a positive report.. it not a negative report ... its a report about the access to imitation firearms .. and poses questions about their use and regulation.

I thought it was important that the opposing side to the "ban it all" opinion was presented.. for good or Ill I presented MY opinions as a citizen that has a vested interest in continued access to imitation firearms.

They could cut this any way they wanted to.. but I felt the producer wanted to present a balanced peice.. ( both he , his camera man and the recordest indicated that they wanted to come back and participate in a game because it looked likes loads of fun)

The final outcome was a question "what do you think should be done about the "imitation Firearm problem" I said that in my opinion you can not legislate away crime.. if you could we would be living in a crime free society. Existing regulations were sufficient if applied universaly to all imitation firearms.. however if there were something done.. they should make it an offense for persons under 18 years old to posses them.. and if they wanted to go further .. they should place imitation firearms under the non restricted PAL.

I tempered this with a statement that we live in a free society .. Goverment in a free society when faced with a contentious issue must choose the option that affords greater freedom not greater regulation.. or we can not call our society free.

I don't know if any of that will make it in to the final cut...

By the way.. the producer is watching this board... That is how they found me..

So lets not make it another story.. about the story... it will air.. and be gone.. and nothing will change... or it will .. but it certainly won't be because of anything I .. or any one else here says.
I like watching marketplace, but not an avid follower. If it's on when I'm surfing , I won't be changing the channel.

Marketplace presents both sides of the piece. Depending on who is presenting the "opposing side", the opinion of the story can go either way (ie. nutjob who sells device claiming to cure cancer).

Seeing as to how Brian is not a nutjob and clearly knows the legal implications and all firearm regulation, I think this may be a "fairly" presented episode. Only way is to watch and find out.
Itom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:31   #63
White_knight

he may know alot and not be a nut job. but its very easy to just edit him unfairly

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 11:33   #64
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight View Post
he may know alot and not be a nut job. but its very easy to just edit him unfairly
and.... all of this is wasted keystrokes until it airs and we see what they did..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 14:00   #65
Huron
GabeGuitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Wait a second, the hockey stick analogy made time go backwards?
That would be in reference to the flexing of the composite stick as in the flexing of the fabric of time. cbcsteve knows more than we think..

That was a waste of a post
Old February 22nd, 2009, 14:15   #66
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
so who exactly let them in to TTAC3? im still confused on this matter?
Hate to make more posts but have you have to read Brian McIlymoyle's Post(s), all answers to this pre-shitstorm are there.

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 18:07   #67
whisper_kill

Does anyone actually watch CBC for anything other than Dragon's Den and Coronation Street?
Old February 22nd, 2009, 19:28   #68
Slade
Arkell

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper_kill View Post
Does anyone actually watch CBC for anything other than Dragon's Den and Coronation Street?
Wow. People actually watch those shows?
"Leadership isn't about firing bullets and stabbing people. Leadership is about being able to tell others to fire bullets and stab people."
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 19:40   #69
Daviday

Send a message via MSN to Daviday
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper_kill View Post
I think CTV is better.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 19:47   #70
frontpage

Cool cbc

the past is the past and all we can do is wait and watch how this comes out .To be honest i am very for gun control covers head in fear of hockey sticks to come a wacking, but i am also buying my first airsoft gun along with my deaf partner we love the sport (we are new to it). It is to bad someone didn't video the reporters having fun and if they spun it badly the video of the reporters having fun could have been posted on utube it is amazing how the web can correct things as well as distort. I do think registration of airsoft might work but but it might not al depends on how it is done and a note people will always get things and use them for what there not intended look what happened with paintball kids shooting houses baseball bats people assaulted etc. stories like this come and go as long as we help police our comunity (like the posting of the guy worried about the kids planing to play airsoft in the street and suggestions provided to help provent this) and keep the age 18 policy and present this and show the majority to be responcible i think we might prevail till we get a politician that is looking to make up a few points in the polls and uses us as cannon foder then our sport will die unless we go with odd looking far from real gun looking airsoft sigh .. will be making some of those to be on the safe side to put around my mech box in the future .. something out of V the mini series lol shows my age lol or star trek or something out of stargate organic looking or maybe a hockey stick lol hum i like that one .. lmao well thats my 30 cents .. if it comes out bad we will go from there cheers play safe and protect our sport from those that might ruin it!

and cbc if your watching this form i do hope you have been fair if not and you enjoyed your self you should be ashamed of your selves if you have been fair congrats only time will tell

ps alcahol and driving kills more alone and combined than airsoft what happened when they tried to ban alcahol it went underground and things were worse
I play with guns and pretend to make war to remind myself and others how easy it is to die in real life, so I honour the sacrifice others make on our behalf even if I do not agree with the policies that send them where they go, so I work to bring them home so that no one may ever forget what was done this and every other day and not to be just swept away as many people wish it would stay.

Last edited by frontpage; February 22nd, 2009 at 19:59.. Reason: spelling and periods
frontpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 19:51   #71
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Hi, I like airsoft.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 20:03   #72
Daviday

Send a message via MSN to Daviday
You don't expect us to read that do you?
-grammer......."i went through the same thing"
Old February 22nd, 2009, 21:04   #73
wolfman01

All I know is Erica looks hot pointing the gun at the camera like that. She should be put up in the Chicks with guns section on JOC for sure.

Aside from that, all people talk about hese days is Obama and the recession. No one cares about toy guns except for the police. This story will be over by the time the next topic comes up that night.
wolfman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 21:37   #74
Big Red

Opinions

Those who attended the TAC 09 event yesterday may recall a couple of lads (college students I believe) walking around with a video camera and conducting interviews. I was asked to speak on behalf of Force Recon and Border Wars, generally they were pretty good questions about the sport and milsim experience but I was also asked about the perception of the sport and airsoft weapons and how other members of the public see this sport.

People will have perceptions, misconceptions, etc. etc. As Brian indicated earlier, lets see how the storyline goes. Regardless of what is said on camera, the power of editing can portray an interview anyway they wish.

How we conduct ourselves within the sport and how we portray ourselves on these threads will also speak volumes about this community and to those who cruise through the ASC site.

Big Red
CWO - Force Recon
Planner - Border Wars Milsim Series
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:50   #75
shiftsup

CBC

Who watches the CBC nowadays?
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General