Goodbye Anderson and Anderson

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2008, 14:24   #121
stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Airsoft dies when we can't play, not when we can't get the latest and greatest fresh off the assembly lines in Asia. The former is what makes us a sport and community, the latter is what makes us a hobby.
Sounds like it came from a commerical for nike... :P Me likes!
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:26   #122
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Hyprocracy at best, outdated views at worst. Seriously, that's it. The definition of replica firearm doesn't distinguish between metal cones or plastic BBs.
Agreed. I have a Walther PPK/S, Walther CP99 Compact, and Beretta PX4 Storm CO2 pellet / BB guns. Anyone that says those things aren't replicas are smoking rope. They're even GBB guns, adding to the realism. With the PPK, you can even mod it to fire full-auto, emptying the 15-round mag in about 3/4 of a second. Yet, anyone can buy one of these guns (along with shitloads of other models that are more-or-less replicas of real guns too...

And in the end, you can do a lot of damage to someone with these guns. My Px4 fires pellets at 380 fps. That's more than enough to seriously injure someone. Yet, my KJW Beretta M9 fires plastic BBs at just over 300 fps, poses no threat, and is technically illegal. Go figure...
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:33   #123
Cassius

I've had quite a few guns new and used and only ever bought one from Mark. I'm not worried at all. As someone put it; when there's a will there's a way.

Mark was selling to the masses; it was publically available to anyone. If you look closer, you'll see other retailers. Mostly on the classifieds.

To the new guys; this will filter out the people that are not serious.
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:33   #124
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
So... the change in enforcement policy.. finally takes down the last public source for airsoft guns.

The issue is not " this is going to increase prices" .. the issue is now there will be no ready source for guns at all.. at any price.

New players are going to find the bar much higher for entry into this activity.
This could be a very good thing, though! Weed out the stupid kids we don't want around *cough mr hitman cough*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:34   #125
ProbeJax

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt491 View Post
This could be a very good thing, though! Weed out the stupid kids we don't want around *cough mr hitman cough*
I doubt it. If you refering to him specifcally, his collection can now almost match my own.
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:35   #126
Donster

^^ouch, but valid point...

EDIT: that being said, the more i think about the less i worry. here is why:

1) first off, anyone who has even considered being an AEG retailer, now would be the best time because they would literally be unopposed, so in terms of a lucrative business need a say more? Can anyone say "monopoly"?
2) i already have a MK23 purchase lined up (thanks kos, PM inbound btw). after that, any other thing i want can be ordered. i.e. if i want to custom build an M4, i can buy almost all the parts. the remaining can be purchased via huang or airsoftparts.ca so unless i want a special item, such as a Tanaka Kar98k or a CA M24, then i think i can find someone, if not, order from the classified. but by then (a year or so) i think another importer will arrive on scene or, i think anyway, shootsoft will expand their inventory to include higher-end brands.

thats just my thoughts though...

Last edited by Donster; January 28th, 2008 at 14:50..
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:48   #127
matt491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbeJax View Post
I doubt it. If you refering to him specifcally, his collection can now almost match my own.
Wasn't a shot directly at him, I guess. But in his general direction and the direction of all kids like him. The ones who think the guns are cool and want them all even though we tell them countless times it's illegal for them to have them because they're underage, but they still get them. Now they'll have to cough up a lot more to get one =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:53   #128
Big House

I Still find it strange and slightly fishy that AA would only post on MAA about this and not JOC or ASC.....
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:53   #129
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Talk about retarded...

I wish the price of gas reach 5-10$ a liter so that the fucking immature drifter wannabe racers wont use their cars to race on the street... duh!!!

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH

Last edited by SHaKaL; January 28th, 2008 at 14:57..
Old January 28th, 2008, 14:58   #130
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

To the new guys; this will filter out the people that are not serious.
But...but...Cassius...what about the stupid people who have lots of money? Sorry, I couldnt resisit. We will will just have to be more diligent in educating them.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old January 28th, 2008, 15:00   #131
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
It is not a sky is falling thread per se. The issue comes with the growth of airsoft. I think it is safe to say that no one was the sport to regress. I remember playing games with 4 people including myself, now we have 20+ for even skrims. I like that and do not want to see the sport lessen. The fact is there are new players and they are the life blood of any sport; but if they cannot get an AEG, and I am not talking china guns, then the sport is doomed to recession.

No airsoft wont die, it is not like we cannot play especially not if you already have as much a collection as you intend to get. The issue is that we will need to find a way to get new players, and if they have no supplier then its game over for them.
Cheap guns have pretty much all the same external components as their name brand counterparts, though...and isn't that the hardest part to get into the country? I'm thinking JG externals + TM internals = just as good as a TM?
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!
Old January 28th, 2008, 15:04   #132
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNCXII View Post
I Still find it strange and slightly fishy that AA would only post on MAA about this and not JOC or ASC.....
Maybe he hates dealing with ASC? Your lucky Hubbard cares enough about you to say anything at all
I didn't think they had an office depot in Neepawa, but apparently he got a hold of an easy button somehow lol
Honestly I thought the easy button was just going to shut down sales to ASC specifically but oh well.
Old January 28th, 2008, 15:08   #133
ProbeJax

I'm surprised Mark himself hasn't said anything here yet.
Old January 28th, 2008, 15:08   #134
Forever_kaos

Like a few on here, havn't orderd from them but still, ouch ...

But, screw the hole "AHH we have no importer!" .... Men, rally up! we're heading to the border!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 28th, 2008, 15:12   #135
Big House

There is nothing on his site or his forum stating any of this...... You would think he would put it on his site first rather than a MAA with 167 active members!!!
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General