Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M203 barrel latch broken

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 3rd, 2021, 20:55   #1
JesseB123

M203 barrel latch broken

Hello!

I've scoured the internet, and sent emails to various airsoft shops and this is my last effort to hope someone has info on this issue.

I have a King Arms medium size M203 40mm under barrel grenade launcher, and the barrel latch, the thumb lever that you push to disengage the lock to slide the barrel open has snapped, it appears to be cheap pot metal.

I am now on the hunt for a replacement part as this obviously renders this launcher useless.

Any help locating a part would be greatly appreciated.

I did find a post of my exact issue in a UK forum, but it appears there was no solution.

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classified...-barrel-latch/
JesseB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2021, 01:22   #2
Zfurlong

If you have a friend who knows their way around a 3d printer, have them do up the files and print one for you.
If you don't have a friend like that, find someone who is good with that stuff and commission them
Old May 6th, 2021, 22:16   #3
JesseB123

Yes 3D printing might be one of my last resorts as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old May 8th, 2021, 13:19   #4
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

Just go to Canadian tire, buy some mild sheet steel and hammer one from scratch. I filed the sear tolerances tighter than original so lockup is very nice.
Took me longer than it would for a 3D print but it will last the life of the pot metal m203...
Made for a customer with the same problem, I probably wont make any more because its just not profitable without a stamped blank...

localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2021, 18:30   #5
JesseB123

localfreerider

That looks really good, nice to see it's possible. I already have some steel kicking around and all the tools to do it. I was just holding out to see if there was an easier replacement solution first, but looks like I'm fabbing one up now.

Thanks!
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:41   #6
Dron

Hi man, did you managed to solve this problem with the help of a 3d printer, are the 3d models preserved? I would be extremely grateful for any information.
Dron is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner