Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

.32's Bioshot BBs misfeeding with mid caps

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 2nd, 2014, 15:30   #1
Rossco66

Question .32's Bioshot BBs misfeeding with mid caps

I'm wondering if anyone else has found that .30's Bioshot BBs feed just fine in any mag using a VFC (terribly in a CM16) but .32's Bioshots will only feed reliably through a high cap magazine.

I've tried 3 different types of mid caps and the best results come from PMags but even they are intermittent at best.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions on how to remedy the problem.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 15:31   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

there's a chance they might just be too heavy
how long have you had the bag? they don't put dessicant in, so it's possible they might be degraded
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 15:35   #3
Rossco66

Just arrived and was opened the night before.

So they are brand new.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 16:29   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I've also had the issue. stealth sent me new bags from a different case and it has not been resolved.

The bags I bought 2 years ago all fed fine, something changed in the way they're being made, since I'm not the only one with the issue.

3 different types of guns, varying brands of mags... they all have issues now, outside of using a highcap or drum mag.

I have to start a mag off with BBs that work.. 10-20 rounds then drop some silicone oil into the bioshots and mix it up well.. then load the rest of the mags. This is going to fuck up your hop.

They jam against the sides of the stack channel causing the mag to jam. It's not that they're too heavy.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 16:51   #5
Rossco66

It's weird that the.30 feed fine in my VFC but give me nothing but problems in my back up gun G&G CM16.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that the high caps get added spring pressure when you roll the wheel instead of relying solely on the spring itself like a mid cap would. I have an R-HOP to help lift heavier ammo. It sure would be nice to use some on a bio only field.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 17:53   #6
Azathoth

Bet you good money that the bioshot .32 BB is not 5.95mm +/- .05 but is actually 6.XXmm +/- 0.XX

Similar problem with elite force .32g Measured them and the majority of them are over 6.00 mm in diameter. Thats the secret to adding the .02g weight. They do not feed through my mags reliable (PTW), and when you load one round into a mag to fire almost always I get a jam in my 6.01mm PDI barrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2014, 18:40   #7
Rossco66

That sounds like as good a theory as any. Fortunately I run a 6.03 promy. My CM16 has a Pro Win that has very tight tolerances which could explain the extreme issues when using it with any heavier Bioshot BBS.
Old November 2nd, 2014, 20:57   #8
chaz

guess I wont be trying these out
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 14:52   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
I had terrible times with BioShot 0.30g BBs for a few weeks last year.

I had a VFC AK-74 shooting 400fps using 0.20's with a stock VFC hop unit, Prommy tight bore and PDI W-Hold rubber. Had a bunch of MAG brand midcaps and they all pushed everything through without issue on semi and full auto, any hop setting.

Except for the BioShot 0.30g BBs.

Would not feed anything at all on semi and on full auto would only feed about half of all piston cycles. Had no issues with any other BBs and weights. I also had no issues and still have no issues with BioShot BBs in any of my other guns.

Even a M4 I had that also had a Prommy tight bore and PDI W-Hold rubber fed them flawlessly.

It was one of those things I just chalked up to a "freak-out" combination of parts and BBs that just didn't get along. It is apparent however that my particular instance is/was not limited to myself. I have since then used the BBs in a multitude of platforms without issue though.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 15:17   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
Bet you good money that the bioshot .32 BB is not 5.95mm +/- .05 but is actually 6.XXmm +/- 0.XX

Similar problem with elite force .32g Measured them and the majority of them are over 6.00 mm in diameter. Thats the secret to adding the .02g weight. They do not feed through my mags reliable (PTW), and when you load one round into a mag to fire almost always I get a jam in my 6.01mm PDI barrel.
actually a random sampling of the troublesome rounds were showing 5.92s in there, which would explain some of the jammings between the follower and the wall. They are 5.92-5.95.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion