Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PMAGs/EMAGs - Importing

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 30th, 2012, 16:43   #1
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
PMAGs/EMAGs - Importing

I'm looking at buying some PMAGs or EMAGs for my new SCAR-L, but because it seems everyone north of the border is sold out and the people supposedly selling some on the classifieds aren't returning my PMs, I'm looking at purchasing a boxed set from south of the border. I have a ton of M4 mags that technically are compatible, but they are black, and to me just don't look proper. I have been looking and these: http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...667e4a435828e0 seem fairly reasonable, and match the dark earth tone of my rifle. I'm looking at getting probably 15 just for more bang for my buck, and just in case I lose one or two mags in a game (happens from time to time). I normally run 12 mags + 1 in the gun, always lows or lowmids (these being 75rd mids I consider them lowmids).

My question/query here being: I have heard mixed things about importing these types of 'fake bullet display' mags into Canada. Some people saying they got theirs no problem, others saying that because of the fake bullet look they were seized by the CBSA and couldn't get them in at all. I would generally prefer the PMAGs without the bullet display as I find they look more realistic (and heard those get through without issue), but none of them seem to come in the 75 round capacity, and most are just overpriced for the amount of mags I need. As most of my airsoft stuff I have purchased in country, I have little experience importing anything other than tactical gear (always from OpsGear, great company!). If anyone has some experience with this or may know something I don't with regards to this, the info would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 30th, 2012, 16:54   #2
mmmken

You heard right.

Similar to how people say they import prohibited things successfully, things just slip through sometimes. On paper, they should be seized each and every time. Stick with the PMAG's - those are perfectly fine.

Edit: Had a look at the box set of EMAG's you wanted to get. Avoid those like the plague. You'll see those reviewed here as "Green Label" magazines - manufactured by Beta Project. The finish on them is horrible, and they will break very quickly. There is a reason why they are so much cheaper than actual PTS PMAG's.

Last edited by mmmken; September 30th, 2012 at 16:57..
mmmken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:03   #3
Zack The Ripper

I figured as much. See the thing is though I've heard mostly great things about the boxed PMAGs, even the EMAGs. Only con I have heard about them is on some rifles there is a slight wobble, but that's most M4's for ya. I had my attention dramn to these ones as well: http://www.shrikeairsoft.ca/upgrade-...category_id=24 . Hard to tell, what do you think?
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:11   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackTheRipperC View Post
I figured as much. See the thing is though I've heard mostly great things about the boxed PMAGs, even the EMAGs. Only con I have heard about them is on some rifles there is a slight wobble, but that's most M4's for ya. I had my attention dramn to these ones as well: http://www.shrikeairsoft.ca/upgrade-...category_id=24 . Hard to tell, what do you think?
shrike is in Canada.
Also he has Emags in stock.
I think he has a few boxes left.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:17   #5
Stryker

Check out Mach1 Airsoft they carry it. Just call and verify if it is in stock.

http://www.mach1airsoft.com/node/703
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:20   #6
Zack The Ripper

Yeah, I knew it was in Canada and I have heard mixed things about Shrike. I think I may go with the boxed set of PMAGs from Shrike, but I have heard that these too are the cheaper built so-called 'Green Label' version of the PMAGs, and actually reviewing the page it states that in the description.. Always hard to tell when the Magpul PTS logo is on the box.. I would buy these if some people have overall a good experience with them as I don't want to burn my credit card buying the expensive $25-30 PMAGs from TA or somewhere else. On that note though, if these are just shit I don't necessarily want to throw $100 out the window. Lordy lordy, decisions decisions..

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; September 30th, 2012 at 18:23..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:26   #7
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Yeah, I knew it was in Canada and I have heard mixed things about Shrike. I think I may go with the boxed set of PMAGs from Shrike, but I have heard that these too are the cheaper built so-called 'Green Label' version of the PMAGs, and actually reviewing the page it states that in the description.. Always hard to tell when the Magpul PTS logo is on the box.. I would buy these if some people have overall a good experience with them as I don't want to burn my credit card buying the expensive $25-30 PMAGs from TA or somewhere else. On that note though, if these are just shit I don't necessarily want to throw $100 out the window. Lordy lordy, decisions decisions..
I dunno I've had nothing but good experiences with Shrike.
I bought the green label e mags and they run fine in my gun no issues.
the most i've heard is fitment issues. sometime they're loose sometimes they're too tight
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:31   #8
Zack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
I dunno I've had nothing but good experiences with Shrike.
I bought the green label e mags and they run fine in my gun no issues.
the most i've heard is fitment issues. sometime they're loose sometimes they're too tight
Yeah no, that's really the only thing I have heard too is in M4's they wobble quite a bit, but generally that seems to be most M4's with any mag really. Good to know. I'll probably be grabbing me a box of those DE PMAGs.
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:51   #9
REAPER426

Shrike has 'em ! Just pickup a box today and he has diffrent colours like dark earth and tan plus the standered gray

Level 2 sinper/ night operator
REAPER426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:52   #10
mmmken

Quote:
Yeah no, that's really the only thing I have heard too is in M4's they wobble quite a bit, but generally that seems to be most M4's with any mag really. Good to know. I'll probably be grabbing me a box of those DE PMAGs.
Of the box of ten PMAG's I've had in the past, almost all of them had frequent jams (and I use only BBB's or similar quality). Not to mention that the green labels are of a shiny cheap ABS plastic similar to the kind of plastic you see on fake Gundam models.. really brittle stuff. It won't be the nicely textured polymer stuff on real Magpul PMAG's.
Old September 30th, 2012, 18:53   #11
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
some people take a bit of velcro the female side, and put it on the back of the magwell,
Old September 30th, 2012, 20:47   #12
Zack The Ripper

See the thing I'm worried about is proper feeding and durability. I know that all mags when filled too tightly jam, it's just the tension mechanics. Doesn't matter what brand they are. Durability is really my biggest issue. I have three double stacker fast-pull pouches (12 mag slots) and I go prone a lot, prone crawl, slide, roll, etc. so I've always gone with full metal mags for my M4's for my 'Mission Impossible' conquests simply because they can withstand immense punishment. I'm just worried these will crack and break. I keep hearing different things from everyone. I've seen videos of people saying they were very durable and fed well with people telling me the same, and had other people (not just mmmken) tell me otherwise. My mind is thoroughly boggled.. lol. I guess I'm gonna search for some videos of people whipping EMAGs and PMAGs at the pavement..

Last edited by Zack The Ripper; September 30th, 2012 at 20:50..
Zack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 20:59   #13
Zack The Ripper

Hmm, maybe worth it? These are the cheesy looking ones from Evike made by Beta Project. From what I hear the STAR ones are made better, but whoooo knoooows.

Airsoft mag stress test PMAG and MAG - YouTube
Old September 30th, 2012, 21:28   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I wonder if ehobby will strip the emags down and remove the brass looking insert to ship them. They do often follow instructions in the order notes. At that point...t hey're just a black mag with a window in them.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 21:45   #15
mmmken

Quote:
Hmm, maybe worth it? These are the cheesy looking ones from Evike made by Beta Project. From what I hear the STAR ones are made better, but whoooo knoooows.

Airsoft mag stress test PMAG and MAG - YouTube
Whoops.

I made a boo-boo. Mine were made by STAR. I'm not familiar with the ones made by Beta Project (if they were ever made by them).

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion