Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

12 hour event, what to pack?

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 30th, 2015, 18:13   #31
BrendanL

Check out Tasmanian Tiger Tactical bags, they're a german company. I use the mission pack at work (1RCR) more than the issued day bag. The tas bags are decent priced and have held up to me stuffing belts of c6 ammo into it some days, and to carrying the 552 radio with extra batteries and supplies.

If you're humping your kit the whole game, you'll be surprised how little you really need for 12 hours.

You wont catch me eating IMP's outside of work, I usually pack beef jerky, nuts, and some gels.

Have fun!
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 07:13   #32
DKD15

Yea I will have to check them out. I am not worried about humping kit ( served with 1PPCLI) and I was more so looking to see what experience guys were carrying and packing. Obviously most my kit list will deiced on the rules of the game, weather conditions and terrain.

I was more so interested in seeing how many bb's everyone was bringing with them to an event.
DKD15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 17:05   #33
Amoki

12-hr is too short to pack MREs - chocolate bars, muesli bars, etc are far more useful especially if you are on the go a lot.

MREs are only useful for 24+ hr event where you actually get to sit down and heat up a meal in your rest/down time. Since it is a 12 hr event, and presuming that it is a non-stop event, time to heat up and eat MREs is a waste of valuable game time.

Be an energy-drink/caffeine-addicted squid!

Personally would just focus on thermals that you can layer up (fleece, waterproof softshell, puff jacket) + extra consumables (bbs, gas, batteries for lights and guns etc). Even with thermals, you'll be surprise how warm you'll get underneath your kit on the move.

12 Hr is too short for sleeping breaks. I've done multiple 24-40 hr events where I only get 2-3 hr sleep anyways.

Last edited by Amoki; May 2nd, 2015 at 17:08..
Amoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2015, 17:23   #34
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

you're supposed to heat MRE's?

Spare batteries for everything.
salty snacks personally i try to stay away from.
energy drinks are a no no.

in prep for a big game good meal and a good nights sleep.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank