Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lonex metal hop-up

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 25th, 2013, 19:13   #1
DaWaffleGoblin

Lonex metal hop-up

I bought an awesome Lonex metal hop-up unit for my g&g gr16r4 SPC. I love it and the price point for what you get is amazing. Thanks to Stealth for hooking me up!

One thing I noticed is the hop up bucking and barrel fit in too easily for my comfort. I suppose I'll have to buy a new one. I am currently using my stock G&G inner barrel and my bad-ass green hop up bucking/stock nub. Even with the little barrel spacer ring in there it feels looser than when it was in my original plastic hop up unit.

Any suggestions on a new bucking, or on what my issue might be? I wasn't entirely sure if they made them in different thicknesses.. hell I don't know plenty of things. My thought at first was maybe I need a thicker barrel spacer.
Old November 25th, 2013, 20:21   #2
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

If the barrel and hop up fit loosely -you will probably have an air leak , which is slightly less popular than an STD. People will tell you to wrap teflon tape or dental floss around your rubber to try and get a snugger fit. To my way of thinking thats like eating Rice krispies with a coke spoon- almost a complete waste of time. My advice is to buy a hop up Rubber that has a ring or rings around the outside to prevent airleaks. For example the PDI W Hold that Stealth sells
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2013, 23:58   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I still wrap pdi-w holds in teflon tape... it's cheap insurance and it makes sure the fit is snug.. a roll costs like a buck.
Old November 26th, 2013, 00:10   #4
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

+1 for teflon tape.

And the G&G green buckings actually kick ass... I wouldn't bother replacing it yet, unless you're seeing a loss in performance.
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:15   #5
CR0M

the best setups Ive ran are when I was able to wrap teflon tape around them. The last few lately, my units have been snug so I havent been able to
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:57   #6
Rabbit
formerly FrankieCees, Remylebeau

I haven't found any hop up sleeve to fit snuggly in the Lonex hop up unit at all. I've done numerous comparisons and it just doesn't seal well compared to several different combos. This also takes into nozzle to unit mesh as well.

I'd also take into consideration your inner barrels diameter - take Madbull Pythons for example, smaller than your usual Prometheus.

(mind you im just name dropping brands.)
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 14:50   #7
DaWaffleGoblin

Thanks

Thanks for your replies gents! I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the kudos on the kickassery of the green bucking Spike, coming from a gun doc too so credibility gets a +1! I am a fan of the green and was glad to see it in my gun! No loss of performance yet, in fact it's running nicer (I think so anyways) since I took a crack at shimming the gearbox. I happen to have a ton of teflon tape kicking around (I'm a big DIY type man) so I'll give it a shot. If I find I'm "eating rice krispies with a coke spoon" as Rusty so eloquently put it (lol), maybe then I'll try a bucking such as the PDI W-Hold. Again thanks!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications