Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft and Canadian Law - Important Readme for New Folks (cleaned)

:

Frequently Asked Questions

Closed Thread

Old February 29th, 2008, 00:08   #16
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiya View Post
Okay that helps, alot. I perhaps forgot to mention I remember him mentioning something about him having replica firearms... I specifically remember him commenting on how they were full version models, only without the internals to make it deadly. So he MAY have some kind of license to import replica firearms. I have to get back to you with this once I talk to him more tomorrow. If you could answer some of the other questions about it which would assume he had a replica firearm license... Before... The things pertaining to importing airsoft now. Would he need to renew it? Will it still apply?

After reading though the link (briefly) I think I found the loophole... I believe he has mentioned being a supplier of the RCMP/local police department. Something of that nature... I'm recalling him bringing up many things that he had come into possession of for awhile when the -Law Enforcement Branch- ordered something new... Not sure if he would/had access to the 'replica firearm' division of the license. This is a possibility. Would a dept. or RCMP division order from a local place like this? I would think there would be a 'larger' power importing and distributing to all dept/RCMP divisions.
Even if he does have the license to import them, he legally can not sell them. So it would be all his own risk if he chose to do so, which would put the rest of his business at risk.
Old February 29th, 2008, 00:35   #17
Fiya

Okay I will tell him that, and actually we had a conversation about the responsibilities of it and how the sport seems to be in the grey area... One of the things we talked about was some of the people who... Should not have airsoft guns... It was said in other words. If he began 'selling', it would be inner circle/trusted people only. He is a bit of an authority figure in the 'inner cirlce' I believe if it would be okay if it was only sold with extreme prejudice. Hahha. Thats probably not the right word, but it sounds cool.

I will tell inform him of everything said here. I may return with more information.

About the RCMP importing. Doesn't the military/RCMP have some things to do with airsoft? Or 'training' equipment? I thought they had something to do with dummy equipment and even airsoft usage for... Training? Maybe not RCMP... I do not know... I am not sure of replica firearms part. I will be talking to him tomorrow.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 18:23   #18
SEASKIMMEr

Exclamation

i still dont get it.

is it legal to bring in an airsoft gun from the states???

is it legal to buy an airsoft gun from somewhere else and have it mailed/shipped in???

im interested in gettina a CA g36C but i cant find any canadian retailers so im wondering if its legal to get one from the states and bring it over

ty for ur help
Old March 2nd, 2008, 18:31   #19
CadetCatastrophe
Banned

Send a message via MSN to CadetCatastrophe
NOOOOOO
Read the FAQ's
Old March 2nd, 2008, 18:31   #20
Fiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEASKIMMEr View Post
i still dont get it.

is it legal to bring in an airsoft gun from the states???

is it legal to buy an airsoft gun from somewhere else and have it mailed/shipped in???

im interested in gettina a CA g36C but i cant find any canadian retailers so im wondering if its legal to get one from the states and bring it over

ty for ur help
No. You can't bring it in. It will be seized. It has to be from Canada if you want one.

There are retailers in Canada. Anything shipped from the US will be seized at the border

www.007airsoft.com -Low ammount of in stock right now... The AEG they have is a G36C I think... I haven't checked lately

Read the FAQ before posting more questions....

Last edited by Fiya; March 2nd, 2008 at 18:34..
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:03   #21
kullwarrior

And exactly what is the 407fps -500fps using 0.23g bb rules? Where can I find "official" info about it? I remember people mention that if a replica is design to cause harm but not death its allow. and the "cause harm" was define in 05/06 I believe
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:07   #22
Fiya

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=51609
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:10   #23
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
And exactly what is the 407fps -500fps using 0.23g bb rules? Where can I find "official" info about it? I remember people mention that if a replica is design to cause harm but not death its allow. and the "cause harm" was define in 05/06 I believe
I would just like to be the first to say, that your statement made almost absolutley no sense. If you take said "replica that is said to cause harm but not death" and commit a crime with it, in court they will simply just consider it a crime with a firearm. Long story short, the words replica and allow usually do not go well together.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:19   #24
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiya View Post
is that official? I read it 20X already

and any replica use in crime is consider firearm. What I meant is the case where 407-500fps with .23g could be allow in. Heard several cases but whats the official statement? CFC does not have it
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:32   #25
Fiya

Well if your going to be like that, do you believe it? Look up case law yourself!

Your other post really didn't make sense so.... Do some more research. There may not be an official statement about it... I don't even know exactly what your looking for. If you really want to know, you should be going to a lawyer, the first 20 minutes is normally free.

Also even this last post is a little off if what I remember about my incursions into law is correct... But that doesn't matter. You need to explain yourself better.....
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:53   #26
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
is that official? I read it 20X already

and any replica use in crime is consider firearm. What I meant is the case where 407-500fps with .23g could be allow in. Heard several cases but whats the official statement? CFC does not have it
Yes I do recall something about the rcmp and bbs weighing .22g or something but I cant remeber any details. All I can really say is its one of those laws that can go either way, and most of the time it goes whatever way the authoritys want it to go.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:56   #27
kullwarrior

Found what I was looking for but there's another problem with the statement;
Quote:
The CBSA argued that, to be considered a firearm and not a replica, an airsoft gun must have a muzzle velocity in excess of 124 metres per second.
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/citt/doc...nlii11266.html

But isn't it illegal still when you import it according to the ASC community? Say if I import a Systema PTW with M150 (which would be less than 500fps when RCMP test because they use .23g bbs)
And here it argues that above 124mps (407fps) it is consider as a firearm. Furthermore, CFC identifies that 5.7J& 500fps+ are firearm require license.

Now the confusing part is the fps between 407 and 500, are they considered as legal goods? or what?
Old March 2nd, 2008, 20:09   #28
Fiya

I really haven't researched it that much. It was supposed to be for 'Airguns' I believe. So being more of a replica may change... Overall I agree with TokyoSeven... The Authorities will have alot of say. Unless you want to bring in the lawyers it is hard to say. Going back to the text, using case law and bringing in the lawyers is most likely going to take away any of the money you saved by getting it from the US yourself.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 20:30   #29
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Thats just the thing, there are alot of costs that people do not think about when it comes to a dispute, in most cases when its all said and done it costs even more than buying the same AEG in Canada.

Old March 2nd, 2008, 23:17   #30
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Thats just the thing, there are alot of costs that people do not think about when it comes to a dispute, in most cases when its all said and done it costs even more than buying the same AEG in Canada.
unless you go mass import I guess, eg import 200 PTWs

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions