Other Regions

Old December 5th, 2009, 17:48   #31
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Hm, sounds good. But its cold

Anyways, ill have everything done hopefully before the end of January. That includes full PDI internals, scope, ect ect

Then to build the ghillie!
Shoot your gun as much as possible. I have a 30ft range in my basesment and have shot there for years, targets both paper and moving (swinging beer bottle caps are awesome!). Learn how your gun shoots, practice for best technique, best groups, see how often flyers occur, etc. And start on the ghillie as soon as you can, it'll take you a long time, and even by the time you are done, you still likely won't be satisfied and will add even more crap to it (which is good).
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:53   #32
Steven

The more crap the better!

Rifle wise, does shooting at 30ft really Help you much? I mean here at Op-for, my MED will be about 80ft. And i dont really have a range to shoot in, unless you count the backyard. Which would be a very bad idea, seeing as its quite open

And im not sure i want to use Beer cans, wouldnt Pepsi suffice? I dont want some guy named CDN_stalker smelling the beer, and traveling to find it.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:54   #33
theguy

Sorry for the thread-jack.

I have been pondering buying a BA rifle for a while now, Never really liked the look for the VSR. Does anyone have any experience with the new TM 96? Is it compatible with VSR parts? those are everywhere

Sorry for the threadjack guys,

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:56   #34
Steven

Personally, im not a big fan of the L96. It's very big, and bulky. If your trying to sneak around, you want to be as low profile as possible, but a 5 foot gun doesnt help much.

If its you taste, cool. I would say check out: www.x-fire.org (click on english tab) and you'll see that upgrades PDI has. From what i see there, not very much. But im not really experienced at all yet, especially with the L96.

Last edited by Steven; December 5th, 2009 at 18:01..
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:59   #35
theguy

Quote:
Personally, im not a big fan of the L96. It's very big, and bulky. If your trying to sneak around, you want to be as low profile as possible, but a 5 foot gun doesnt help much.

If its you taste, cool. I would say check out: www.x-fire.org(click on english tab) and you'll see that upgrades PDI has. From what i see there, not very much. But im not really experienced at all yet, especially with the L96.
cool, thanks for the link, ill read up

Chinese proverb
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:03   #36
Steven

Theres not much to read up on, but thats one of the few awesome companies for snipers. If your really going to get going in the Whole sniper scene, go big or go home. Dont get half quality brands, or upgrade only your spring. It's everything together, and experience that will make you a great sniper.

you could also try looking at other forums, such as Airsoftforum.com, or arnies or airsoftretreat for a sniper perch sort of thing, but alot of what people say on there is wierd. Ex. Paper Barrel spacers... that sort of thing
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:09   #37
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
The more crap the better!

Rifle wise, does shooting at 30ft really Help you much? I mean here at Op-for, my MED will be about 80ft. And i dont really have a range to shoot in, unless you count the backyard. Which would be a very bad idea, seeing as its quite open

And im not sure i want to use Beer cans, wouldnt Pepsi suffice? I dont want some guy named CDN_stalker smelling the beer, and traveling to find it.
Hehe, I guess you didn't notice that I said beer bottle CAPS? Is a favourite game of mine, cap hanging by a string, shoot it, watch it flop around as you load the next round............. wait for it to start swinging in a predictable manner then nail it again.

Seriously, whatever distance outside of 25ft that you can learn to shoot it is golden, how do you think I became so proficient with mine? It's all about your technique, technique is key. Propper cheek weld, trigger squeeze and finger placement, breathing............ doesn't matter if you are shooting at 20ft or 200ft, it all still applies. And there is an old Japanese proverb that says 'small things become big things', meaning in this case if you can shoot 3/4" groups at 30ft with your rifle, it'll be really consistant and accurate out to 150ft. If your rifle (and you) can only get CD sized groups at 30ft, then there is somethig wrong with the gun or the shooter. Catch my drift?

I don't know your backyard situation so I'll not comment on it, there are times one can shoot from inside the house out into the backyard as long as the area is clear and safe. Other times it's not recommended.
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:12   #38
Steven

Oh, haha i see it now. But that would still require the Cap be removed, and therefore releasing the aroma.

But youve got great points here. My backyard is pretty open, and not much space to shoot out, seeing as my neighbors are cops. Although they know what I do, it's best kept for the field. I could probably manage to go from the living room, into the garage.

Hope theres no flyers
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:25   #39
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Whatever you can figure out to do will benefit you immensely, can't rely on just shooting practice at games.

Regarding shooting the caps, doesn't have to be beer, it can be any small hard thing that you can attach to a string. Not many people know I do that BTW, so consider it a small piece of Stalker info. It really helps you with focus, aiming point and timing, as well as leading targets. I nailed a buddy of mine from 100ft away, right in the hand, as he reached out from his cover to pick up his rifle (he was using a folding table as a riot shield and had to move his gun ahead of him before he moved. I got him the third time he reached for his gun to move it. He set the pattern, if someone does the same thing twice, chances are high they'll do it a third time, you time it out and smack them).
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:30   #40
Steven

Haha alright. Now quick, edit it and get rid of it!

Yeah, i think i will start doing that as soon as i get some .30's, sight my scope, and get proper rings. The field we play on isnt too big mind you, so i doubt 200ft will happen much except for in scenarios.

Man, just talking about it makes me excited
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:36   #41
KYDD

I have to vote with Pete...
I own a SPR M-16 tightbored shooting 400fps and I get great accuracy out as far as 200ft.
gets me Confirmed and witnessed single-shot kills at 230-240ft., (But I'm NO Sniper)
plus the added fun of Long-Range-supression from Full-Auto . . . :P loving it!
KYDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:38   #42
Steven

That's also another choice, but doesnt offer the "sniper" realism. More of a DMR if you ask me. BAR is the only way i would go for sniping.

As for effectiveness, works just as well, but may not quite get the accuracy, and range as a well tuned BA.
Old December 5th, 2009, 18:40   #43
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

The entire point of that stuff is to make you one with your rifle. Learning to be as precise as possible with your technique will benefit you out in the field, as well as transition you over to real steel. First time I shot a bolt action was earlier this year, a Remington 700 in .308, I applied the same techniques as I do with my M24. Atg 143 yards, my first two shots went high due to my grip (flip from recoil), last three shots I put pressure on the back of the stock with my thumb, ended up getting a 1" group.
Old December 5th, 2009, 19:19   #44
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Try to stick to one magnification
My scope is 2-6, but I only go over 3x when I'm checking something out
If your gun shoots out of the scope adjustment range like mine, moving to a different magnification throws you off

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I shoot people within 25m a lot more than I shoot them from further than 25m
It's just the way our field is... not many chances to get long range shots in and everyone I shoot is within range of me so I like to make sure I don't miss lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 19:28   #45
Donster

as an aspiring airsoft sniper, i find that starting with a quality DMR AEG and upgrading that is a great route. My M14 is plenty accurate and because of the semi-auto feature, is very forgiving as i learn to gauge shots and BB trajectory. Now if only the G3 or MSG-90 were V3 gear boxes and not shitty V.2. that would be sweet.

Last edited by Donster; December 5th, 2009 at 20:12..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions