Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Chinese People's Liberation Army Marines

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old October 4th, 2010, 21:54   #1
Chayce

Chinese People's Liberation Army Marines

So after days of finding websites that sell authentic PLA gear, I've finally came to a dead end. Nobody seems to make Chinese PLA guns for airsoft, and the Realsword's QBZ 97 is only a version made for export. I'd totally be ok with it if it didn't look so ugly compared to QBZ 95, which has a 5.6mm Magazine instead of stanag magazine and a foregrip/trigger guard instead of a smooth one. Hell, I can't even find the pistol that the PLA uses, the QSZ-92 pistol or the Type 05 SMG. I thought to myself if I'm going to cosplay(or so to speak) a PLA marine, I might as well go all the way and try to be as authentic as possible. But without a modern Chinese rifle on sale, it's like trying to dress up as a US marine without an M4/M16, or a Russian soldier without AK74M. And no, PLA Marines do not use type 56 AK knock offs, so I'm not going to get one of those =P
Old October 4th, 2010, 21:59   #2
ressamp

Yeah well you're on the same boat as me. Or whatever that means. The best you can do (like you said) is the Real Sword QBZs.
Old October 4th, 2010, 22:32   #3
Basic-Wedge

Well, don't give up all hope. I faced the same challenges with my Swedish marine impression. It was just about impossible to find the type of gear the Swedes use, but that's starting to change now. The same thing should happen with Chinese gear.

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:02   #4
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

u can save ur breath if you are looking for a replica of issued weapon of PLA, there never had or has and will never have one. the RS typy 97/97B is the closest to their current armoury and is you only choice, or u can just pick a type 56/56-1 and play as the PLA in vietnam war era.
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:04   #5
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

if you wanna join a team that role play as the Chinese PLA, you can pm Sino on ASC, we used to play as the 15th airborne division of the PLA air force.
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:08   #6
Chayce

I hope foreign (outside of china) companies aren't saying "Oh its teh evil KOMMUNIST China, nobody will buy their guns if we make them cause they are anti-american/japanese/(insert your country here)". That's probably not the case, but at any rate, QBZ 95 airsoft guns aren't allowed to be sold in Mainland China for security reasons. Without a large portion of potential customers, there is even less incentive for people to make them. Perhaps later on we will see them popping up everywhere following realsword's type 97's example. But what perplexes me is why they would make QBZ-97 instead of 95. There are less people who uses type 97 compared to type 95 (3.5 million troops). Oh wells, I will keep an eye out for modern PLA guns and hopefully we will get a Type 95 or a type 05 soon, although a type 88 or a pistol would be nice :3

Meanwhile, maybe I could mod a realsword type 97 to look like a type 95. Anybody here have any experience working with polymer/plastic?
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:09   #7
Chayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmantank View Post
u can save ur breath if you are looking for a replica of issued weapon of PLA, there never had or has and will never have one. the RS typy 97/97B is the closest to their current armoury and is you only choice, or u can just pick a type 56/56-1 and play as the PLA in vietnam war era.
Hey, sorry i didn't see your message before I replied, but WHy do you think "there never had or has and will never have one"?

btw, check out this gun, it looks like an MP7 with a upgrades. Looks pretty nice if you ask me, tho the bizon type helical magazine isn't very popular compared to the traditional magazine.

Last edited by Chayce; October 4th, 2010 at 23:25..
Chayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:26   #8
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

reason 1: japen/taiwan company will not show any interest in any issued Chinese weapon, coz they are not the majority of the airsoft weapon
reason 2: the only airsoft company which can produce a Chinese weapon legally is RS, but producing any replica of current issued weapon of PLA is strictly phohibited by the Chinese government for their politics concern. the RS was going to put a type 95 conversion kit for type 97 like 2 years ago, but they canceled the plan at last for this matter.
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:29   #9
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

you can use a real steel type 95 lower hand guard on type 97 aeg, but for the mag well... forget about it.
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:31   #10
Chayce

Quote:
reason 1: japen/taiwan company will not show any interest in any issued Chinese weapon, coz they are not the majority of the airsoft weapon
reason 2: the only airsoft company which can produce a Chinese weapon legally is RS, but producing any replica of current issued weapon of PLA is strictly phohibited by the Chinese government for their politics concern. the RS was going to put a type 95 conversion kit for type 97 like 2 years ago, but they canceled the plan at last for this matter.
ah, thanks for clearing it up for me. But reason 1 is worded kind of strange, do you mean a majority of Taiwanese and Japanese citizens won't show interest in Chinese issued weapons due to nationalism?

At any rate, I'd like to have you as an owner of a Type 97 to give your opinion regarding custom made modifications to covert it to a type 95. Do you think it's possible?
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:42   #11
Short Round
Najohn

Could buy this for the body

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-XFire-0401.htm

But that is if you find one in Canada. And it wouldn't be full metal like the real swords.
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:44   #12
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayce View Post
do you mean a majority of Taiwanese and Japanese citizens won't show interest in Chinese issued weapons due to nationalism?
He means they're not popular enough for mass consumers to be given second thought.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 23:55   #13
Chayce

The Crossfire type 97 is unfortunately only spring powered, and According to the nice gentleman above, since modding the magazine would be impossible, the only up side to buying the crossfire gun is to saw off the trigger guard and glue it back on the RealSword's trigger guard. IMO its a waste of money and will probably weaken that part and be easily knocked off (using epoxy would be a little bit better than glue). Not to mention all that hacking and sawing would leave scratches and marks that can't be covered up unless I paint over it. I could probably use a type of molding material called Friendly Plastic for the trigger guard. This type of plastic becomes moldable over 60degrees Celsius and as long as I don't leave it in boiling water, it stays very hard. Unless you guys have a better idea, I might probably use that to mod the trigger guard for a more realistic look.

p.s. Guys, check this out, three words.

http://www.realsword.com.hk/97gun_j.htm

I'M GONNA CUM XD

Edit:
Quote:
that LMG is using a type 97 lower reciever and mag well, so its not a type 95, plus, the Chinese government won't allow them produce issued weapon of PLA. But on the other hand, the upper and lower recievers of RS type 97 are compatible with real steel Type 95, so if you can get those type 95 parts, you can put them on a RS type 97.

$800 is not expensive for this gun, considering its very basic nature, made with real steel material and real steel compatible parts. I paid 1.1k for my type 97B though and I think its worthy. I consider real sword products as some thing between real steel and airsoft toy. I can get the RIS System of type 95/97 for you , but they are not cheap though, these are for real steel ,pm me for more detail.
If what this fella said is true, I might not even have to do any hacking or sawing. If I could just swap the lower receiver, it would be great. Tho I haven't seen an airsoft 97 so unfortunately I can't be sure.

Last edited by Chayce; October 4th, 2010 at 23:59..
Old October 5th, 2010, 00:05   #14
Short Round
Najohn

Ugh This thread is making me want a Type 97B, and now that beauty of a gun. oh man
Old October 5th, 2010, 00:11   #15
Chayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Ugh This thread is making me want a Type 97B, and now that beauty of a gun. oh man
Comparing between the type 88 and the type 97 sniper rifles, I don't see any physical differences. Perhaps that will sell me on buying the type 97 sniper instead of the QBZ-97 =P

I'd rather have a Type 05 to a Type-97B tho. That SMG is the sexiest smg I have ever laid eyes on, even moreso than an MP7 which I also love =)

Edit: Before this thread get derailed, can I ask you guys if you know where I can get a PLA issued sidearm?

Last edited by Chayce; October 5th, 2010 at 00:18..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!