Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beware of too many (mismatched) aftermarket AEG parts

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 12th, 2008, 19:33   #16
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Eww, stock CA piston. Oh well, it's one step up from having no piston. Good luck with it, I just gave up on this one. Last night I last chronied it ata round 300fps, so tonight I installed a new Systema 120 spring hoping to knock the fps up................ got 230-250fps. Yes, 230 to 250fps!!!!! So I put the Madbull 110 spring back in and got it to sit, without hop up on, at 330-340fps, and left it like that. Notified the owner I have now about 6-8 guns waiting for me to work on in the next two weeks, and that I'm leaving it as it is for now, since it's shooting fine. I'll try it another day in a few months after we sort out replacement parts to buy.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:57   #17
damage

Send a message via Yahoo to damage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Eww, stock CA piston. Oh well, it's one step up from having no piston. Good luck with it, I just gave up on this one. Last night I last chronied it ata round 300fps, so tonight I installed a new Systema 120 spring hoping to knock the fps up................ got 230-250fps. Yes, 230 to 250fps!!!!! So I put the Madbull 110 spring back in and got it to sit, without hop up on, at 330-340fps, and left it like that. Notified the owner I have now about 6-8 guns waiting for me to work on in the next two weeks, and that I'm leaving it as it is for now, since it's shooting fine. I'll try it another day in a few months after we sort out replacement parts to buy.
Chronoed the gun and it shoots........................415fps with Sp110 spring.
damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:25   #18
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Odd.

Had a thought this morning, the owner of the M15 also has me installing a Guarder FTK and metal body into/onto his TM G3 SG1, so what I'll do is get this G3 out of the way, then give the M15 one more crack, using the left over parts from the G3 upgrade.
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:07   #19
zone 69

I put in a Systema silent piston head set and a Guarder tappet plate & nozzle in my TM ver-2 mechbox. And I found that the nozzle wont seat all the way into the tappet plate U shape. It,s like the Guarder tappet plate is to short to mate with the nozzle. But it seem,s to still work this way.

Last edited by zone 69; March 13th, 2008 at 10:20..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:23   #20
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I think I've found that as well with one of my MP5s when I installed Guarder tappet plate.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner