KSC Glock 18/23 plus metal slide warning/help request

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 21st, 2008, 18:18   #1
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
KSC Glock 18/23 plus metal slide warning/help request

Go figure, last week I get a FMU KSC Glock 18C from Long_Bong to fix right after he installs the metal slide on it, spent a good number of hours on it trying out various things, it refuses to fire in semi auto. The hammer latches into part number 266 (using the G23 diagram since I have it in front of me)well enough during the cycle, until the slide reaches home (and it releases part number 265, which I refer to as the "arm" lever) and releases the hammer. I've worked the slide forward and watched, I let it come to rest about 1/8" or so from full battery, the hammer is still latched but when I press the slide forward the rest of the way the hammer unlatches. Nothing seems out of place, parts missing, etc.

Today I get a KSC G23 to fix, it just had a metal slide installed and a quick check (to help me sort out the G18 problem) and guess what, same freaking thing!

So, I'm putting this thread up as a notice to anyone wanting to install a metal slide onto a KSC G18/23, as well as a means to get these tow guns off my bench but do a public service with fixes. As far as I know BOTH owners used the WGC guide to swap over to a metal slide.

BTW, please don't bother with obvious little possibilities, I've been over the action on th G18 with a very fine toothed comb, studying everything, taking everything apart and even filing and polishing in various spots (thinking possible clearance issues from sticking parts I'd see.) So this isn't at all a simple fix, this is gonna be a very specific problem with a very specific fix.

Have at it boys!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 20:47   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
So it fires in auto only? I installed a metal slide on a KSC G26c, but never had that problem.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 21:27   #3
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Ya, pretty much. On both if yo urack the slide when in semi, and ease it forward unti lit stops, sits about 1/8" back (bit less) and the hammer is still cocked. Press it into battery all the way, even gently, the hammer falls.

I know it's a weird ass'd problem, worse thing is, I can't sort out what happened with either of them becuase I didn't install the metal slide, at least then I'd have more of an idea.
Old February 21st, 2008, 21:44   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Totally disassemble and reassemble yourself? Heh.

EDIT: Hmm, read you've taken everything apart already...

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 23:14   #5
zone 69

What brand are the metal slides.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 23:26   #6
lupo

Ill throw this one out to you stalker. I had a customers g18 once with the same problem and after a ton of trouble shooting tracked it down to the part #250 (the floating valve housing). The bearing has 2 indented positions one for semi and one full auto. The bearing had worn the semi auto indent into an oval and would no longer rest in the proper position to fire in semi auto. I told the customer it would need that exact part to be replaced to work properly again and good luck finding it.....
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 00:41   #7
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
it happened to my G26c and G23F too. KSC's full auto mechanism is finicky.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:04   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Thanks guys, I haven't dug around the G23 yet, but have ripped apart the G18 a couple dozens of times and saw nothing missing or out of place. Go figure, it's a new G18 as well, the owner said it shot fine when he got it, he followed the WCG guide to install the metal slide, then it was full auto afterwards.
Old February 25th, 2008, 00:11   #9
specter_M4

Send a message via AIM to specter_M4 Send a message via MSN to specter_M4 Send a message via Skype™ to specter_M4
I wanted to put a metal slide on my 18C. Maybe not anymore. I haven't been able to find any WGC is out of stock and so is redwolf.

Where else can you get a metal slide for these? How long will the plastic slide last? I've had mine for almost 4 years. Still shoots fine.

specter_M4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:07   #10
Long_Bong

Quote:
Originally Posted by specter_M4 View Post
I wanted to put a metal slide on my 18C. Maybe not anymore. I haven't been able to find any WGC is out of stock and so is redwolf.

Where else can you get a metal slide for these? How long will the plastic slide last? I've had mine for almost 4 years. Still shoots fine.
Try ehobby for the slide, this is were I got mine, but then, this made my G18C a Mac-10

Stalker, would it still be value added to have a stock or modified G18C ship to you for reparation/comparition purpose. I m ordering this week.
Old February 26th, 2008, 12:30   #11
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Ya, it'd really help me track down where the problem is.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 19:43   #12
Xtashin

hi i just had this same problem with my ksc g18c with metal slide and all that stuff.
here is what i figured out was wrong:
Part 92 got bent somewhere along the line of me replacing part 263 which made it 1 - 3 mm longer, which made it too hard for the slide to push that nub on the end of part 92 under part 266. that made the slide just hop over the nub on the top. which made part 266 stay held back when the slide returned in semi auto, like it would in full auto.
Part 92 should not be very hard to push down under 266 when the trigger is pulled back, it should go down with ease.

All i had to do to fix it was bend part 92 back a tiny bit so it didnt push back so far when i pulled the trigger. Which allowed the little nub to retreat under part 266 when the slide returned, which in turn let 266 grab back onto 263 and not let it shoot until the trigger was pulled again.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Xtashin; March 2nd, 2008 at 19:53..
Xtashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 20:13   #13
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Got the G23 out of the way, among the other problems (aftermarket rocket valve) I noticed the owner had put the spring (part #265 or 266, little spring jobbie) in the front when it should be the back. Got that gun working 100% in full and semi, but right after checked everything on the G18 and is still the same, refuses to fire in semi.
Old November 5th, 2008, 17:45   #14
Master Blaster

hmmf!

Last edited by Master Blaster; June 17th, 2009 at 22:06..
Master Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2008, 20:53   #15
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

This thread is making me reconsider going metal on my 18c... grrr....

Is everything on tight? I did a strip down and reassembly of my 18c from and back to the plastic slide with no issues.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner