Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A study in airsoft ammunition (primarily BB Bastards)

:

Reviews

Old February 1st, 2008, 22:11   #31
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Our snipers are chronoed at 450fps... wtf do you guys plan to hit with a 0.34g BB??? lol
YOU.
Old February 1st, 2008, 22:20   #32
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
YOU.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:47   #33
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Hehe, good one Scarecrow! VERY good one!

Ronan, fields with sniper limits have those limits set at 0.20g BBs, aka. 450fps with a 0.20g. As the BB weight goes up, the velocity goes down. Difference in 0.36g and 0.20g that I've seen repeatedly is roughly 100fps, so a 450fps rifle with a 0.20g BB will chrony at 350fps with a 0.36g. Therefore, all BB weights in between those two will also fall within that velocity range. I'd guess that 0.34g BB would sit around 360-370fps, will be easier to get the rounds farther than 0.36g (not as powerful a gun required), and be more wind resistant and stable than 0.30g. I'd prefer 0.33g, but I honestly can't say why (other than in between 0.30g and 0.36g) or which weight would be better, if much of a differnce at all. I mean, 0.01g is pretty tiny.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:12   #34
Donster

just out of curiosity, what does your M24 crony at with .2's stalker?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 13:04   #35
reddeth

I'm one of the guys from ASF, I'd be interested in .34 BBs
reddeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 13:31   #36
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeth View Post
I'm one of the guys from ASF, I'd be interested in .34 BBs
Welcome to ASC!
Old February 2nd, 2008, 14:05   #37
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

As you can see I've invited some of the Airsoft Retret forum guys to register and post on here to support interest. Welcome reddeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
just out of curiosity, what does your M24 crony at with .2's stalker?
This is one of the issues I'm trying to figure out, my M24 decides on a nightly basis what it wants to shoot at. One night it'll sit around 508fps, another 490fps, another 480fps, another 520fps. No adjustments, not anything, it just does what it wants. Even the temperature doesn't fluctuate that much (generally right now it's sweater temp downstairs, maybe in the low to mid teens). Only thing I can think of fluctuating is the rubber hop up unit and the rubber piston head (like in a vacuum tube amplifier, the only things that can wear out are capacitors, namely electrolytic, and the tubes themselves, nothing else will wear out or vary under normal temp ranges) but I'm not dealing with extreme temperature fluctuations, so I'm really at a loss right now.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 14:53   #38
mcguyver

Humidity? Water and silicone oil don't mix well, so any oil residue in your gun (hop-up rubber) will force water to the surface, altering your hop up. Just a stab in the dark there.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 16:45   #39
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Humidity? Water and silicone oil don't mix well, so any oil residue in your gun (hop-up rubber) will force water to the surface, altering your hop up. Just a stab in the dark there.
Possibly, but I haven't noticed much of a change in that at all on a night to night basis.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 18:27   #40
Koopa

Jay.. how will you compete with name brands like AE and KSC who charge the same price or less in the US than you do up here?

My old buy & sell ratings: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=7117&highlight=koopa

Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens (official team sponsor since 2007)
www.bolandhowe.com
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 21:18   #41
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
Jay.. how will you compete with name brands like AE and KSC who charge the same price or less in the US than you do up here?
Simple, I don't plan to.

Reason is KSC and AE are not the same quality in any way shape or form. I've spent considerably more time and money making a more consistent and better shooting product than them. And based on my sales figures year over year, each year my sales about doubles. So thats gotta hurt AE and KSC at least in Canada. This year we'll be selling more into the northern US. At most the Canadian dollar will remain at par or will dip down when you actually exchange it, so even if they price match, once you add duty, taxes and shipping, Bastards are still a better deal both dollar wise and quality wise.

I've always bet on airsofters who prefer to pay perhaps one or two dollars more on a bag in order to get a better product.

Also, I unlike AE, KSC, et al. I don't have to answer to airsofters with jammed and broken guns due to shit materials, compression manufacturing, and shattered BBs due to widespread distribution of airbubbles in the substrate. I'd rather pay a little more and charge a little more to avoid those phone calls. Unlike those makes, you guys have my name, phone number and address - I am not some anonymous Hong Kong ricebag pusher who suddenly doesn't know who you are when you have a complaint.

Last edited by Scarecrow; February 2nd, 2008 at 21:22..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 21:42   #42
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
one simple cliche will sum up Jay's products: You get what you pay for. 'nuff said.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 18:43   #43
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Now that I had a bit of time away from the wrokbench....... another MK23 spring run of tests.

0.20g:

Average: 217.8fps
Spread: 8.5fps

0.25g

Average: 198.0fps
Spread: 5.8fps

0.28g

Average: 181.4fps
Spread: 9.7fps

0.30g

Average: 180.0fps
Spread: 3.6fps

Yet again, the 0.30g show very tight tolerances and consistnacy, seems for the most part my tests have an average spread of roughly 4fps.
Old February 18th, 2008, 20:03   #44
Sha Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
As you can see I've invited some of the Airsoft Retret forum guys to register and post on here to support interest. Welcome reddeth!
Welcome indeed....any opinions expressed by experienced "outsides" is a valuable resource, and is always welcome.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008, 20:23   #45
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Simple, I don't plan to.

Reason is KSC and AE are not the same quality in any way shape or form. I've spent considerably more time and money making a more consistent and better shooting product than them. And based on my sales figures year over year, each year my sales about doubles. So thats gotta hurt AE and KSC at least in Canada. This year we'll be selling more into the northern US. At most the Canadian dollar will remain at par or will dip down when you actually exchange it, so even if they price match, once you add duty, taxes and shipping, Bastards are still a better deal both dollar wise and quality wise.

I've always bet on airsofters who prefer to pay perhaps one or two dollars more on a bag in order to get a better product.

Also, I unlike AE, KSC, et al. I don't have to answer to airsofters with jammed and broken guns due to shit materials, compression manufacturing, and shattered BBs due to widespread distribution of airbubbles in the substrate. I'd rather pay a little more and charge a little more to avoid those phone calls. Unlike those makes, you guys have my name, phone number and address - I am not some anonymous Hong Kong ricebag pusher who suddenly doesn't know who you are when you have a complaint.
you should put that on your site as your mission statement along with a link to this page so everyone can see it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews