Old August 22nd, 2012, 07:50   #31
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny1980 View Post
Who are you?!?!?!?!?!?!

Im batman.......
Tights are on backwards, ass goes to the rear.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:06   #32
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitzrock View Post
I have a friend who really likes batman & is planning on getting a replica costume from UD replicas (check em out, it looks awesome.) My question is is there a place for "super heros" in milsim games? He sai he'd wanna rely on stealth and touch kills (true to batman style) Ignoring how hard that would be would players enjoy a "third party" in a game like that? Maybe picton field as Gotham with GCPD vs arkum asylum inmates? I think it's be cool, what do you guys think? Fight along side batman?

NO

MIL(ITARY) SIM(ULATION)

Batman...is...not...real....

Say it with me now....

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:30   #33
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Wow, like NOBODY in the background is smiling at all... you Ontarian's have no sense of humor do ya...?
I gotta head back and bust out the M203 launcher.....
I was there that day. I was laughing my ass off. I still remember that.

And if you look closely, there's a guy on the left border in the picture, looks like he's either choking or laughing.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:38   #34
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Let me finish my beer and I play with you guys.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:50   #35
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
I have a friend who really likes batman & is planning on getting a replica costume from UD replicas (check em out, it looks awesome.) My question is is there a place for "super heros" in milsim games? He sai he'd wanna rely on stealth and touch kills (true to batman style) Ignoring how hard that would be would players enjoy a "third party" in a game like that? Maybe picton field as Gotham with GCPD vs arkum asylum inmates? I think it's be cool, what do you guys think? Fight along side batman?
Wow, you know as a goof it would be kinda neat, like we haven't had stormtroopers and Darth Vadar already, but this dude really wants to put on a bat suit and crawl around like a batninja. That works in Video games not milsim. Outside of Gothham, Gun beats ninja. 99 our 100 times.

Now if we we're talking about Ricky Bubbles and Jullian....
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:54   #36
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I'm with Blackthorne.

Military Simulation is military simulation. Batman can go to a ....ugh ....play with the ....ugh ....super hero simulation?

At milsims often small things are "allowed" as they aren't that big of a deal. But honestly, I think it should be kept modern military. If you want to be dressed in other era warfare gear, sci-fi guns and gear, or whatever else (like Batman); either find a game that is geared towards your play style, or a game that is open to all.

If someone showed up to one of our games dressed like Batman, I'd send him home immediately. No matter how far he drove to be there, and how much it cost him.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:21   #37
HackD

Quote:
I know that i am very much in the minority here, but "GCPD vs Arkum Asylum Inmates" means absolutely nothing to me. I haven't seen any of the modern crop of Batman movies - indeed, my only real awareness of the so-called superhero genre is the 1960's Batman serialized TV-series that i watched as an ankle-biter in the early 1970's on Saturday mornings, and that has pretty much faded with time.

Same goes with Superman, Spiderman, Transformers, etc etc. Hell, i only just figured out the whole "raccoon city" resident evil thing recently, but at least that has some valid application to airsoft scenarios.

My point? Airsoft - milsim or skirmishes, is something that is based more on realistic situations where entire suspension of disbelief is not required. Some guy running around in a Batman suit playing grab-ass while other players are trying to get it on with tactics, strategy and engagements, isn't really in the realm of what i'd expect from airsoft. Indeed, i think i'd consider it mildly creepy.

If you must do it, then please be Wonderwoman, with the physique of Lynda Carter, so that i can at least rub one out for old time's sake while watching you from the safety of a bunker. That's a super hero that i also remember. (.. ok, that's creepy too, i do admit.)

But, that's just me, being older than the average player.

Last edited by HackD; August 22nd, 2012 at 11:26..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:28   #38
smith
Admits to killing Jimmy Hoffa

While I am of the mind that airsoft is no different than the LARP guys who run around with swords, I have to agree with most people here.

LARP = Live action role play. We're not soldiers, we're pretending to be in a game that we play outdoors in real life. Dispute it all you want, we're just wearing different costumes compared to the kids running around in the woods with swords. Unless it's a sanctioned military event, and you are a serving member, your nice CIRAS and drop leg holster, fancy camo and gloves are just part of a costume.

That being said, most games have an agreed upon feel and scenario even if its not publicly stated. Even period correct stuff is really off the wall depending on the era. If you show up with a muzzle loader replica in full civil war regalia, you are going to stand out in most games. Even with a WW2 load-out in some cases.

There ARE games where non-standard kit fits in awesomely, mainly Halloween and special "goofy" scenarios. Hell, i work some HALO ODST stuff to a Halloween game as I was a special character in the game. Would I wear it to any other game? Not likely, no.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:32   #39
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
I also agree that MilSim is LARP, BUT ... LARP is not MILSIM

Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:33   #40
T-Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny1980 View Post
Who are you?!?!?!?!?!?!

Im batman.......
He has his gitch on backwards

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:42   #41
smith
Admits to killing Jimmy Hoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I also agree that MilSim is LARP, BUT ... LARP is not MILSIM

Hey, they could be part of one of the the middle earth armies!
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:52   #42
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
If you must do it, then please be Wonderwoman, with the physique of Lynda Carter, so that i can at least rub one out for old time's sake while watching you from the safety of a bunker. That's a super hero that i also remember. (.. ok, that's creepy too, i do admit.)
But, that's just me, being older than the average player.

Yeah Buddy
But she'll kick your ass if she finds you in a bunker!
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:02   #43
CR0M

I personally would love seeing batman on the field ... and I would love it even more if he was actually really good at being stealthy ... I could imagine sitting in the bush, or in a room at picton, worried that behind any door or tree batman is there waiting for me lol ...

that said, I remember a while back people were talking about doing a GI joe game... why isnt this happening already? lol
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:06   #44
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
NO

MIL(ITARY) SIM(ULATION)

Say it with me now....

Zombies.......
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 13:31   #45
horto

No. There's no place for gay ass superheroes in airsoft.

LARP != airsoft*

* even if we dress up in military costumes and play with toy guns
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General