a&k m249 vs classic army body.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 12th, 2019, 20:41   #1
Metro
Moving_target

a&k m249 vs classic army body.

Hello,

I looked on youtube and google and I was not able to find the information I was looking for.

I never compares both saws a&k m249 vs classic army m249 in person.

I was wondering for people who served witch version is the most cosmetic to the real steal?

I was also wondering that even is a&k m249 is a copy of the classic army if cosmetic and quality is better or worse.

for now the internals are not important because I plan to gut it out and change many internals.

I know many people will suggest G&P for the best cosmetics but I need to have a m249 that does not take a version 2 mech box

Please help.

thank you in advance.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 21:51   #2
sushicake

If you're asking about external quality they are virtually identical a&k cloned CA after all. Some of the newer generation CA M249 use a heavier metal in the receiver, might be steel not sure never stuck a magnet to it so I wouldn't know. While a&k and older generation CA used aluminum for the receiver.

Other difference is that a&k uses a CCW thread for their outer barrel while CA used a CW thread for theirs (atleast mine is). And the gas block on the a&k is this weird goldish silver colour similar to white gold, while the gas block on the CA is grey.

Also both guns can use g&p external accessories like stocks and rails. My CA 249 is using a g&p stock after i broke the original one off on mine.

So choice is up to you especially if you're going to gut it. Both are built very solidly just depends how much money you're willing to spend.

And no I didn't serve just giving you personal experience from a guy who's owned both m249s and used them extensively over the years

Last edited by sushicake; April 12th, 2019 at 21:57..
sushicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 10:22   #3
Metro
Moving_target

Thank you Sushicake for taking the time for the response. I REALLY appreciate it. It's too bad I can't use the G&P receiver with the A&k trigger group and barrel.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion