Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Elitists -Newbies, please read

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:06   #211
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I remember when you couldn't buy "anything" quality for under $500 - $800 to get started, and new players used to complain about that when they asked. Now you can buy a reliable "starter" that will still need some tuning/upgrading for $300 - $500, and we still hear things like, "isn't there a kick ass gun for under $100 - $200?" ....and they still get their knickers in a twist.
Old January 17th, 2013, 14:05   #212
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I remember when you couldn't buy "anything" quality for under $500 - $800 to get started, and new players used to complain about that when they asked. Now you can buy a reliable "starter" that will still need some tuning/upgrading for $300 - $500, and we still hear things like, "isn't there a kick ass gun for under $100 - $200?" ....and they still get their knickers in a twist.
Go to an international website and you'll see the same thing.

Folks in the US complaining that $75 is rip off for a pistol at Airsoft GI or people in the UK complaining that Red Wolf Hong Kong AEGs are overpriced and so on.

It's human nature (unfortunately).
Old February 18th, 2013, 21:51   #213
aaroffy

Well I must say as a newb and having gone through all 15 pages of this post I have learnt a great deal. I have a photography hobby and most of the problems here are the same on the photography forums. Thanks to all the experienced players that give your advice, can't wait to meet you out at an event.
Quick question, I was planning to go to ultimate airsoft to try it out this weekend but my real interest lies in outdoor gameplay. Would the cqb give a good introduction? Mainly I was considering it to be able to rent as I decide on my kit
aaroffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 22:02   #214
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroffy View Post
Well I must say as a newb and having gone through all 15 pages of this post I have learnt a great deal. I have a photography hobby and most of the problems here are the same on the photography forums. Thanks to all the experienced players that give your advice, can't wait to meet you out at an event.
Quick question, I was planning to go to ultimate airsoft to try it out this weekend but my real interest lies in outdoor gameplay. Would the cqb give a good introduction? Mainly I was considering it to be able to rent as I decide on my kit
You will probably find that CQB is the perfect introductory primer. Starting outdoors, if you are not aggressive you may find yourself hanging back a bit, making it difficult to "test the waters", get shot, and confirm a kill or two. In CQB, you are forced to be more aggressive, like or not... you're going to eventually have a toe to toe fight. CQB just speeds that whole process up, and erases any illusions of fear a new player may have about wanting to see what it's like to get "lit up" at close range.
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 22:14   #215
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Agreed, cqb will get you right into the heat of battle and is really fast paced, it does sting a bit more then outdoors for the most part just protect your face mainly teeth) and you should have a blast.
I preffer outdoors but cqb is fun at times as well.
If you dont enjoy indoors dont get discouraged befor you try outdoors it is a bit of a "different animal" so to speak.
Also keep an eye on the events when yoiu see an outdoor game youd like to go to just post tentative asking if someone has a rental/loaner gun im sure youll find that someone will have one to loan/rent you then you can chec out all the guns and ask questions to decide what youd like to buy.
Welcome to ASC hope to see you on the field soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:57   #216
aaroffy

thanks to both for the great feedback, I really appreciate it. Never thought of the CQB as a way to get "thrown in the deep end" and get over the potential fear of getting lit up
aaroffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 14:28   #217
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
is there a correlation between buying lots of airstuff and not playing/chairsofting ?
I actually had a model that was VERY accurate, went something like this;
Conditions specific to arsenal that make you not play oudoors;
-having two or more pistols
-having a fully upgraded pistol
-having more than 4 guns of any kind
-having 3 or more PTWs
-having an older rifle with custom made wood kit
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 14:48   #218
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

2 or more pistols, check
fully upgraded pistol, check
more than 4 guns of any kind, check
3or more ptw's, well no im not that rich but if could afford em id have 3 (m4cqb, m16, and a 416)
Older gun custom wood kit, been working slowly on fitting a RS stock onto my VSR so half a check lol.
prety much all i play is outdoors,
guess i dont conform lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 15:05   #219
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroffy View Post
thanks to both for the great feedback, I really appreciate it. Never thought of the CQB as a way to get "thrown in the deep end" and get over the potential fear of getting lit up
Don't worry; airsoft has no "deep end".
Old February 19th, 2013, 15:37   #220
theshaneler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Don't worry; airsoft has no "deep end".
my bank would dissagree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 15:51   #221
Jimski

credit card
what are you doing
credit card
stahp
Old February 19th, 2013, 16:53   #222
m102404
Tys

Starting out in airsoft is the most enjoyable phase of things. There's just sooooo much stuff to be had. Every game should smack a big smile on your face or you're doing it wrong. You will be scared shitless about how much money you're dumping into this "let's play war with toys" hobby. Just get out, meet the local guys and play!!! (budget $2000 for everything...spread it out over the first couple of seasons to ease the pain)

The next phase is when you start to fine tune your stuff, your "needs" and what type of games you prefer. This phase gets very expensive too....lots of "keeping up with the Jones" and chasing that last FPS or meter of range. You spend A LOT of time reading/posting to the forum. Keeping a level head is key.

The 3rd phase is when you're really picky about what type of games you want to play...you tend to think the new guys are idiots, the older guys that came before you were right and you wonder why-the-f*ck you have so many bins of gear/guns. You tend to be very selective about buying only this or that piece of kit...and you really have to justify/rationalize why this particular jacket is so necessary and better than the other 7 jackets you have (which are in very good shape since they haven't been worn much....LOL).

There's 2 camps in the fourth phase. One camp where guys go mental and continue to buy room fulls of gear, guns...they spend endless hours chasing one specific combat smock that has a certain make/brand of a buckle placed in the same spot as that Navy SEAL who was in that picture standing on that rock (and similar guys in that same camp will know exactly what picture and what rock he's talking about). The other camp is where guys sell off pretty much everything and keep a minimum of stuff specifically setup for its purpose. One/two guns, 1 CQB setup, 1 green setup, etc... Need a SAW or a bolt action gun + gear for the next OP/mission/game?...they'll just buy what they need and then sell it afterwards.

Last edited by m102404; February 19th, 2013 at 16:59..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 17:06   #223
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

That's kind if where I'm at. I've got a very nice, specifically tuned, primary load out, but not much else.

We were doing up a kit list for our guys, and after some shopping we found that you can outfit a guy head to toe in real steel, quality military gear from boots to boonie. that includes BDUs, plate carrier, pouches, holster, etc, etc, etc. This list also includes all safety gear from water bladders, to ranger blankets, to dead lights, to a radio and headset, etc, etc. that's no replica gear, no low quality stuff, etc. Really everything you'd need for a 24 hour game with proper and quality gear for about $1000.00.

That does not include weaponry, magazines, accessories, batteries, etc. but still, that's not bad considering what it can cost.

Last edited by Ricochet; February 19th, 2013 at 17:52..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 17:13   #224
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
credit card
what are you doing
credit card
stahp
That's the real reason the Credit card POS terminals got switched to Chip Insert over the swipe.
The tortured screaming of the over abused payment Card is muffled by the pinpad.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 17:44   #225
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
That's the real reason the Credit card POS terminals got switched to Chip Insert over the swipe.
The tortured screaming of the over abused payment Card is muffled by the pinpad.
If credit cards could talk..."WTF.. again! you gotta be kidding me.. does your wife know...mmfmff mmmffmf mffmf."
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank