Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Replica Trijicon Reflex sight review

:

Reviews

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:33   #1
Tactically Casual

Replica Trijicon Reflex sight review

Store/price/method of shipping
I recently bought this optic off ehobby asia for USD 92.49 with 3 day select shipping. It arrived on time.

Package & contents:
The package's contents included the reflex sight and a windage and adjustment tool, unfortunately there were no directions present.

Aesthetics:
The sight is a perfect replica of the Trijicon RX06. Each sight comes with its own serial number and a Bible verse. The verse on my optic is is Cor 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The build quality of the optic is solid.It has a flat black finish and everything from the optic housing to the rail is constructed from metal. The polarizing filter is also constructed from metal and is fully functional.

Filter off:

Filter on:

view with filter:

Performance.
This sight sports an open windage and elevation turrets system. Adjusting the turrets is as simple as pulling out a coin and turning to your perfected setting. The turrets are well build with each twist giving an audible click and providing minimal resistance.

Reflection from the reticle mirror was minimal and the triangle reticle presented its self clearly, providing a clear sight picture.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...exsight019.jpg

Unlike the real steel Trijicon sight the element reflex sight takes 2 lr44 hearing aid batteries. The sight operates via a sensor on the front fiber optic panel of the sight. The brightness will automatically adjust according to your surroundings. The auto brightness is both a gift and a curse. While its THE sight to use out doors during the day, night time is a different story. Unless you have NODS(Still have to confirm) you are not going to see the reticle in a VERY poorly light room or complete darkness. The sensor will conserve the battery and not operate at full brightness unless an external light source presents itself.

Conclusion: At $93 the element reflex sight is both ascetically pleasing and a solid performer from what Ive seen so far. The only draw back is its lack luster performance in complete darkness to which I say:
1)im not dropping cash on NODS my natural NV is good enough, 2) How often do you find yourself in a pitch black room....dont answer that. The majority of players play in the woods during the day, or a semi light cqb facility so I dont see this as a major drawback. The sight auto adjusts for brightness, so no more dials, buttons, or dead batteries. The auto brightness feature conserves battery life, and the reticule is crisp, yet not over powering and fully adjustable. All in all Id say this is a good investment.

Another pro is that the polarizing filter and mount are compatible with the real trijicon reflex sights. These 2 accessories alone will cost you over $100.

Pros:
Good sight picture
all metal construction
parts are compatible with real trijicon reflex sights
easy to adjust windage and elevation
MAY work with NODS (need to confirm)
(If anyone has nods and wants to test this let me know)

Cons:
Somewhat expensive depending where you buy it from
doesnt work well in low light to pick black areas
doesnt use tritium capsule
some glare from reticle projection window

Also I call dibs on 1st person in WORLD to review this product :P.....1st!

Last edited by Tactically Casual; February 16th, 2011 at 04:36..
Tactically Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:21   #2
ehobbyasia

Ooh! I is second.

both me and my second in command have one of these and we both love it.
considering we just back from 4 days of hard training, in which we used this scope on real M4's, with out fault.
other than the mount to wobble loose on the odd occasion from the recoil.

mount anywhere, eg :can use it close to the eye, or at the front of your gun, with both eyes open and auto adjusting as the light gets brighter,
also had the chance to side by side with a real trijicon, and the only noticeable difference was the surface was a slight lighter gray on the real one. oh and markings slight different.
other than that real and copy seem to work perfectly the same.

i did remove the light filter on mine as it did seem a little pointless for airsoft.
still, its the best red dot i ever owned.

oh.. i also use with a 4 x Magnifier, and the rescale is perfectly clear.
had the 4 x Magnifier for years, finally found something its very comparable with.
#1 Airsoft Exporter from the Airsoft capital of the world.

Last edited by ehobbyasia; February 16th, 2011 at 05:26..
ehobbyasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 05:39   #3
Tactically Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehobbyasia View Post
Ooh! I is second.

both me and my second in command have one of these and we both love it.
considering we just back from 4 days of hard training, in which we used this scope on real M4's, with out fault.
other than the mount to wobble loose on the odd occasion from the recoil.

mount anywhere, eg :can use it close to the eye, or at the front of your gun, with both eyes open and auto adjusting as the light gets brighter,
also had the chance to side by side with a real trijicon, and the only noticeable difference was the surface was a slight lighter gray on the real one. oh and markings slight different.
other than that real and copy seem to work perfectly the same.

i did remove the light filter on mine as it did seem a little pointless for airsoft.
still, its the best red dot i ever owned.

oh.. i also use with a 4 x Magnifier, and the rescale is perfectly clear.
had the 4 x Magnifier for years, finally found something its very comparable with.
One issue I have is that the sight doesnt work at all in low/no light. Is there any solution for this. Also do you work for Ehobby asia?
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:56   #4
Specs

I have one on the way....now im all excited

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 09:51   #5
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Are we talking about the Element Beta version? Because if it is the price is wrong and I've ordered it and there's no batteries in it... Dot only works with ambiant light.
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessori...dot-sight.html

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:15   #6
kullwarrior

its the only one out there.
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:21   #7
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
its the only one out there.
Ok so what am I missing? Is this some marketing ploy of some kind?

*EDIT* For the price, the OP seems to have included the shipping (???) so that would explain that... Still I sure would like to see details or an explanation about the batteries.

Team Mandrills

Last edited by MrBond; February 16th, 2011 at 10:26..
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:39   #8
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

Love your AR Tactically Casual, very close to an actual C8!
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:23   #9

Looks great. I have the RS one. One thing I don't like with this model is that it is slow to adjust from light to low light environment. I often need to use my tac light to be able to get a good, clear sight picture. I guess this is the trade off when you are using optics with no battery power to adjust its intensity.
Also, on the RS one, if you have the polorized lens cover on, the reticle tends to "ghost" a little bit, which is annoying. Does this replica do the same?
5.56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:14   #10
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactically Casual View Post
[...]
Also I call dibs on 1st person in WORLD to review this product :P.....1st!

Not even close, there's already 3 reviews over at Arnies (including one I made) a couple of months old as I'm sure there are some more elsewhere.

Team Mandrills
Old February 16th, 2011, 16:06   #11
Tactically Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALIBANMILAN View Post
Love your AR Tactically Casual, very close to an actual C8!
The best part about being stateside is used G&P accessories are dirt cheap. Hobby shops sell used receivers from every brand for 45 to 70 bucks I built that 653 for under $200.

Quote:
Are we talking about the Element Beta version? Because if it is the price is wrong and I've ordered it and there's no batteries in it... Dot only works with ambiant light.
It does use batteries. The batteries are located under the mount. Like I said theres a sensor in the front of the optic that will rely to a conductor or something the releases the right amount of juice. Ill post up pics later.
Old February 16th, 2011, 16:29   #12
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
It does use batteries. The batteries are located under the mount. Like I said theres a sensor in the front of the optic that will rely to a conductor or something the releases the right amount of juice. Ill post up pics later.
Hmm ok so then the batteries are just for the auto-brightness function or for the dot? Or both? I'll check it out later, with these beta versions we just might have different versions still, you never know... Mine didn't come with any paperwork either. Overall I still thought it was pretty good for the price. The biggest flaw I saw was that with the polarizing filter on, you could clearly see the gost/reflection of the internals, was it the same on yours?

Team Mandrills
Old February 16th, 2011, 16:45   #13
Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBond View Post
Hmm ok so then the batteries are just for the auto-brightness function or for the dot? Or both? I'll check it out later, with these beta versions we just might have different versions still, you never know... Mine didn't come with any paperwork either. Overall I still thought it was pretty good for the price. The biggest flaw I saw was that with the polarizing filter on, you could clearly see the gost/reflection of the internals, was it the same on yours?
I dont think a newer version has been released, I just ordered one and I've only found the beta

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 16:49   #14
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specs View Post
I dont think a newer version has been released, I just ordered one and I've only found the beta
I know what I meant was maybe they are still tinkering with it since it's a Beta version and maybe some are at a different stage of the final product... Unlikely I know but who knows what their process is.

Team Mandrills
Old February 16th, 2011, 17:22   #15
Adamlxlx

Quote:
The best part about being stateside is used G&P accessories are dirt cheap. Hobby shops sell used receivers from every brand for 45 to 70 bucks I built that 653 for under $200.

Damn you and your Americanness j/k. Just jealous
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews