General

Old May 18th, 2020, 05:22   #16
Amos

WELP. HERE IT GOES!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:53   #17
Donster

Does RA tech use actual receivers? Or are they coming for all GBBRs? Even England permits airsoft in all its forms.

Edit: If the RA receivers are like this one, I would be concerned. There’s no stopping what they’re willing to add to add to the list.

Hopefully they will realize its an airsoft toy, or at least just stop there.

I am curious what caused them to put it on the list in the first place. I never would have thought something like this would happen.

Is there a way to check the FRT for other airsoft guns on it?

EDIT 2: according to here - https://www.armalytics.ca/?size=n_25_n

Searching TM and VFC etc shows they’re safe. Just RA-Tech banned.

Last edited by Donster; May 18th, 2020 at 13:59..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 08:43   #18
hollywood...
cranky old man

this ban is a joke
Old May 19th, 2020, 13:09   #19
ColtXM177

I was planning on getting a nice ghk gbb colt, I hope the nice lower that comes with it isn?t a version that?s going prohib because I?ll be pissed
ColtXM177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 18:38   #20
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
as an ex-airsofter and current legal firearm owner, I was thinking if the airsoft community is on-board with our fight, which to be honest, shares many similarities with airsoft.. and I am glad this thread is here. Thank you for the folks here that have made it public for all to be educated on the subject.
Except their not on the side of firearms owners. Hell, a large portion of the current airsoft communities have record, they couldn't legally own a real firearms anyway. So far, every time this has been brought up, the answer has been that the "sky isn't falling. They're not going to ban airsoft." And mostly thread shutdowns, but can't really deny they're going after airsoft now.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 19:25   #21
uther419

Sadly that rifle was banned before all this happened, note the date stamp top right corner, February of this year, RCMP must have put the lower on a real ar upper.

Regardless of if it could fire or not the fact that it fits makes it easily convertible.

But the day will come where the dreaded "replicas" will be banned like back in 2014-2015 when it was first floated

They are coming for my real ones now but once the real "scary" stuff is gone, they will turn their eyes to this community.

Anything that makes it seem like they are making Canadians "safer"

Last edited by uther419; May 19th, 2020 at 19:38..
uther419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 21:09   #22
ripanu1

Well put uther419 . So sad but probably true, if we continue down this road of.."you do what Nanny thinks best" while pulling on the heart strings of our fellow Canadians crap , we'll be far worse off then We are now. I enjoy my airsoft as well as my real steel. If used safely and properly in the proper places while maintaining and following the rules , we should not be punished for the actions of criminals and wack jobs. Start with the border, crack down on gang activity and learn to spot the red flags in our society maybe? Place the funds there. All legal firearm owners have jumped through our fair share of hoops to legally enjoy our pastimes. Do we work for them or do they work for us. Where is the democracy splitting off to anyways ?? I have however did my part and donated to the cause plus filed all the above petitions and then some. "STAND TOGETHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS"

Keep Loyal to the game and remember...In battle it is the cowards who run the most risk; bravery is a rampart of defense.

Last edited by ripanu1; May 19th, 2020 at 21:18.. Reason: forgot to add something . sorry my bad :)
ripanu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 14:53   #23
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

a friend sent me this

what does it mean?
Old May 20th, 2020, 14:58   #24
Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
a friend sent me this

what does it mean?
I for one, don't believe that they managed to clamp real steel parts into a TM frame and making it fire 9mm Luger without the "gun" simply explode due to it's ABS frame construction.

EDIT:

"the velocity and energy capabilities of this device in the configuration it is manufactured by Tokyo Marui are below 366 fps with a 0.2 gram 6mm airsoft BB, which is the V50 threshold for casuing serious bodily injury or death to a person. However, because this device is readily capable of accepting the pressure-bearing firearmcomponents from a genuine Sig Sauer P226 handgun and then discharging a cartridge, this device meets the CCC S.2 definition of a "firearm", subsection 84(1) definition of "handgun" and subsection 84(1) definition of "restricted firearm"."

Also note that shots fired with a 9mm Luger round: 1.

They shoved the parts from a real one and fired exactly 1 round before it exploded and deemed that it's somehow a danger enough that they ignored if the criminal had access to the real one, they wouldn't need a toy to make it work....

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master

Last edited by Freeze; May 20th, 2020 at 15:02..
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 15:24   #25
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
I for one, don't believe that they managed to clamp real steel parts into a TM frame and making it fire 9mm Luger without the "gun" simply explode due to it's ABS frame construction.

EDIT:

"the velocity and energy capabilities of this device in the configuration it is manufactured by Tokyo Marui are below 366 fps with a 0.2 gram 6mm airsoft BB, which is the V50 threshold for casuing serious bodily injury or death to a person. However, because this device is readily capable of accepting the pressure-bearing firearmcomponents from a genuine Sig Sauer P226 handgun and then discharging a cartridge, this device meets the CCC S.2 definition of a "firearm", subsection 84(1) definition of "handgun" and subsection 84(1) definition of "restricted firearm"."

Also note that shots fired with a 9mm Luger round: 1.

They shoved the parts from a real one and fired exactly 1 round before it exploded and deemed that it's somehow a danger enough that they ignored if the criminal had access to the real one, they wouldn't need a toy to make it work....
Yup looks like they were able to put a slide and barrel assembly from a real-steel p226 into a TM P226 and was able to "readily" have those components installed and fire a 9mm.

Theoretically speaking, Freeze, a criminal would be easily able to import a real-steel slide, barrel, etc, but not the frame. BUT because the frame is considered, back then, uncontrolled firearm, it COULD get imported as all other airsoft pistols get imported and have the parts swapped out. No background checks on airsoft even with international merchants so you just need a Joe or Jane make an order online and voila- real-steel p226.

This happened with the APS M870 already (although i couldn't find it in the reference table, i assume the RCMP couldn't get their hands on one since they're discontinued) and the aforementioned RA-TECH.

What's interesting is that there's a several airsoft FRN placed in effect in May 5 2020... seems like someone is finally picking up the slack and verifying/re-verifying airsoft compatibility with their real-steel counterparts. Possibly in preparation for the bill to be passed/amended. Who knows.

Best case scenario is that people who don't already have PAL/RPAL's can apply for one for those who are eligible and what's considered legal is grandfathered in. Too soon to speculate however.

Last edited by RainyEyes; May 20th, 2020 at 15:32.. Reason: typo
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 15:34   #26
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post

Yup looks like they were able to put a slide and barrel assembly from a real-steel p226 into a TM P226 and was able to "readily" have those components installed and fire a 9mm.

Theoretically speaking, Freeze, a criminal would be easily able to import slide, barrel, etc, but not the frame. BUT because the frame is on, back then, uncontrolled firearm, it COULD get imported as all other airsoft pistols get imported and have the parts swapped out by a criminal. No background checks on airsoft so you just need a Joe or Jane make an order online and voila- real-steel p226.

This happened with the APS M870 already and the aforementioned RA-TECH.

What's interesting is that there's a couple TM FRN placed in effect in May... seems like someone is finally picking up the slack and verifying/re-verifying airsoft compatibility with their real-steel counterparts. Possibly in preparation for the bill to be passed/amended. Who knows.

Best case scenario is that people who don't already have PAL/RPAL's can apply for one for those who are eligible and what's considered legal is grandfathered in. Too soon to speculate however.
I'm not a firearms expert in term of mechanics or anything but the hammer in an airsoft pistol doesn't strike any pins in the slide so it would be impossible for a primer to be struck even if a round was chambered. the valve knocker is located in the frame which means that during the test, the 9mm round probably was discharged from the frame lmfao

why go through all that work when you can just drill off the rivet in a pinned mag lol
Old May 20th, 2020, 17:31   #27
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
I'm not a firearms expert in term of mechanics or anything but the hammer in an airsoft pistol doesn't strike any pins in the slide so it would be impossible for a primer to be struck even if a round was chamberedl
Edit: they swapped out the whole slide. The airsoft pistol hammer is striking the firing pin hard enough on the real steel slide to hit the primer.

On the airsoft version it's a hex screw. On the real steel it's an actual firing pin.

https://youtu.be/EL4xzwKCByw?t=131

Last edited by RainyEyes; May 20th, 2020 at 17:55..
Old May 20th, 2020, 17:45   #28
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Edit: they swapped out the whole slide. The airsoft pistol hammer is striking the firing pin hard enough on the real steel slide to hit the primer.

On the airsoft version it's a hex screw. On the real steel it's an actual firing pin.
I have ocean front property for sale in Utah if you are interested

Last edited by hollywood...; May 20th, 2020 at 17:47.. Reason: Spell check for the win
hollywood... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 17:51   #29
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood... View Post
I have ocean front property for sale in Utah if you are interested
Where do i sign? Do you accept Zimbabwe dollars?

Last edited by RainyEyes; May 20th, 2020 at 18:27.. Reason: couldn't come up with good comeback
Old May 20th, 2020, 21:14   #30
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post

WELP. HERE IT GOES!
That was actually pre-ban, and basically the same thing ATF did to GBBRs in the states.
Allegedly it took RCMP "only" 6.5 hours of machining and fitting to turn a GBBR into a RS firearm.
Which is bullshit for two reasons;
1) firearm laws don't include possible modifications, because that really opens up the "what if" territory
2) It's actually faster to machine a receiver from billet than to modify a GBBR lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General