Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

So many G&G's?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 12th, 2010, 14:41   #46
kalnaren

People don't get charged for selling all black guns. They get charge for abusing the privledges of their Business Firearms License (which prohibts importing replicas for resale).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 15:08   #47
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
People don't get charged for selling all black guns. They get charge for abusing the privledges of their Business Firearms License (which prohibts importing replicas for resale).
They can be charged for both.

S. 24 of the Firearms Act prohibits the transfer of Prohibited Device to non-businesses (assuming the business has a licence), which is backed up by s. 99 of the Criminal Code.
Old April 12th, 2010, 15:40   #48
Drake
E-01

In practice no individuals are being, or have ever been, charged for private sales; otherwise there'd have been a lot of arrests back when Peter Kang et al. got shut down a few years back and authorities were contacting buyers to collect evidence.

Lets not fear monger.
Old April 12th, 2010, 15:47   #49
The Saint

Not fear mongering, just pointing out how the law's actually written.

And you're definitely right about the businesses being the target, the intent of the law is to address commercial-style transfers. It's quite unlikely the police would target the individuals over personal sales, short of them trying to Al Capone you for something else they can't nail you for.
Old April 12th, 2010, 18:51   #50
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
They can be charged for both.

S. 24 of the Firearms Act prohibits the transfer of Prohibited Device to non-businesses (assuming the business has a licence), which is backed up by s. 99 of the Criminal Code.
Never said couldn't.. I said don't.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:36   #51
Molomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
Also guys, a lot of people ask me

"Why can't you import fully black and metal Airsoft guns and sell them to me?"

I get this question at least 10 times a day I'm not kidding. The answer is simple.

Even with the right permit for legal importations of replica firearms (deemed to be prohibited devices in Canada), one cannot resell these prohibited replicas to individual who does not possess a prohibited goods permit. Doing so is a criminal offense. 007 Airsoft will not do it.

This can be verified on the CFC website under replica firearms.

There are people in BC right now facing criminal charges because they were caught selling prohibited replica firearms to regular civilians.

Feel free to leave messages here if you have more questions, thank you all

Ken
Stupid question here ken,

you said civilians without the right permit...does this mean that active military personnel could procure some non-clear airsofts?
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:39   #52
kalnaren

What kind of "permit" would active military personel have to allow them to do this?

Quote:
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:41   #53
Molomir

Quote:
What kind of "permit" would active military personel have to allow them to do this?
IDK, a permit which lets them handle restricted weaponry? They are military after all
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:42   #54
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molomir View Post
does this mean that active military personnel could procure some non-clear airsofts?
Only in an official training capacity. You can't just say "I'm CF, so it's ok", you need to have your superior officer back you up that it's part of your unit's training setup. Not sure how superior.
Old April 12th, 2010, 19:50   #55
Molomir

Quote:
Only in an official training capacity. You can't just say "I'm CF, so it's ok", you need to have your superior officer back you up that it's part of your unit's training setup. Not sure how superior.
So basically, if your best friend is a colonel in your regiment (Cause your very very VERY lucky), he could help you obtain a non-clear airsoft

That's like the best case scenario for anyone but I don't see me having that type of luck anytime soon XD
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:12   #56
Con Murder

Get age verified to get your black guns. Stay away from what makes you uncomfortable and do your private sale in the vastness of interweb. And if anything is unclear as far as legal issues just read all the stickies and FAQ guide, then if still unsure pm someone who's av'd and joined say 2001? Ask if they ever had troubles or anything you want to ease your mind.

Now always travel in a road ready vehicle and transport the weapon as you would a real steele fire arm. In any event declare the item to an officer before he asks and be VERY honest about everything, they just really don't want crooks robbing people with them!
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:15   #57
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molomir View Post
So basically, if your best friend is a colonel in your regiment (Cause your very very VERY lucky), he could help you obtain a non-clear airsoft

That's like the best case scenario for anyone but I don't see me having that type of luck anytime soon XD
Or you can take 30 minutes out of your life, meet with an AV rep, and have access to all the full black guns you want. It's not like the 10,000+ airsofters in Canada with black guns are CF or ex-CF...

Quote:
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:52   #58
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Or you can take 30 minutes out of your life, meet with an AV rep, and have access to all the full black guns you want. It's not like the 10,000+ airsofters in Canada with black guns are CF or ex-CF...
Look at his location. It's a 7 hour drive to his closest rep. AV is not really an option for this guy. Not saying other suggestions to get the guns are better, but just saying AV is not really an option for him.
Old April 13th, 2010, 14:18   #59
H1TMAN
formerly GRoy

Quote:
Keep on dreaming guys. The CF has very specific rules for the purchase of small arms, and on top of that no Officer would risk his career over an AEG.
H1TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 23:17   #60
jamesb

Concerning the clear receivers from 007, mine has developed a stress fracture by the rear body pin and may be getting one by the front pin. Are these polymer receivers?
jamesb is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion