Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A Big Ol' Airsoft Q&A

:

General

Closed Thread

Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:03   #76
z_rampage1980

Clearsoft aeg's

I can get a clearsoft ak here in canada 1:1 scale. When I get it, if I paint it will that be leagal? Or will I have it taken away if I get pulled over?
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:09   #77
Yannos
likes touching tralalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_rampage1980 View Post
I can get a clearsoft ak here in canada 1:1 scale. When I get it, if I paint it will that be leagal? Or will I have it taken away if I get pulled over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
As long as you don't do anything stupid with it you should be fine.
Read a little bit! Kalnaren as given you the answer.
Also go see the FAQ section here on the forum
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Have a good one!

Oh and don't let your Airsoft guns just in your car free, always in a case in the trunk.
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:32   #78
AndyW

at the risk of sounding retarded
I saw something about bringing airsoft guns over
saying that if you bought one in the states and locked it in your car trunk or made it so it couldnt be seen
you could bring it over legally

This sounds waaaaay too good to be true
but I mean it if it... yay
since buying airsoft in Canada is a pain

so... is this right or is my first post looking me like a retarded?
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:34   #79
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
at the risk of sounding retarded
I saw something about bringing airsoft guns over
saying that if you bought one in the states and locked it in your car trunk or made it so it couldnt be seen
you could bring it over legally
Sounds an awful lot like smuggling don't ya think? Come on...
Old October 12th, 2008, 05:40   #80
Schlyder
IronOverlord

That is a big NOOOOOOO. And asking isn't retarded, doing it without asking would have been. Read the FAQs, that will fill you in on the reality of airsoft in Canada. Get age verified, and it is like going to gun heaven after that.( if you are 18+) if you are not 18+ then hold tight and save your money for a good gun, don't waste your money on crap(clear)soft. Read and learn and the mysteries of the universe will unfold for you. And google is your friend.
Old January 7th, 2009, 23:05   #81
Goddess-of-War

Thanks, I learned a lot!
Old January 7th, 2009, 23:13   #82
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Welcome
Old January 16th, 2009, 08:39   #83
hardcorehaggis

Question interested

its interesting to see that a country as vast as canada and where real guns are legal in many places you still face many of the legal problems we in the uk face associated with Airsoft, we fight month to month to keep airsoft legal and keep the sport going, you would think the eu and external bodies would look at this sport on a worldwide scale, they would probable be shocked at the worldwide number of people who play the sport. i think the problem is that we do not have a world wide governig body to keep track of the players and skirmish sites opening and operating worldwide, if we did that governing body would propably give us more power to question the rules and regulation pushed on us.

Dont get me wrong i cant comment on canada's legal requirement but for the most part most off the rules enforced in the UK are for the most part very fair and i gladly follow them, but our sport is constantly under the thread of legal ban due to people who dont understand it.:banghead:
Old March 30th, 2009, 01:58   #84
kelebay

Honest John, can you put up some links to areas of the criminal code pertaining to airsoft please?
Old March 30th, 2009, 06:14   #85
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelebay View Post
Honest John, can you put up some links to areas of the criminal code pertaining to airsoft please?
Im not HonestJohn, but here is some info for you. If I can dig up the section in the crimal code I will post it as well.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...me_air-eng.htm

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old April 7th, 2009, 01:45   #86
Mudder

Man, my head hurts, I've read, read and read and I still don't know
what I can do.
"Although replica firearms are prohibited, you may keep any that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess them, and they do not need to be registered. However, as an individual, you cannot import or acquire a replica firearm. If you take a replica firearm out of Canada, you will not be able to bring it back in."

ATM I'm not interested in bringing in something that looks like an AK47,MP5 whatever....I just want functional props, yes, I know now that the Dragon is popular as you can strip her and give her new clothes to be what you want it to be,in that light anyone wanting to get rid of the ABS drop me a line.
No I just want for starters, to obtain the Robocop OCP Auto9, I just don't want to pay 430$ for it as it is on this side, I will pay 300$ but then my budget will be stretched. Barring that, my second choice would be one I only know as a WE 22L sometimes called a Capa7.1(?) it too is devoid of markings like the A9 and you can see through under the barrel and it doesn't resemble any real-life military/police issue weapon. After that, then just something to sling over my shoulder, to complete the costume,hell it wouldn't even have to have functioning internals, just a place to hold the battery and a momentary contact switch. Then I could install one of my solid state laser kits and have a "faux" 'energy' weapon but that's far down the road..I want to concentrate on getting just the right pistol for my needs. {and hey, that's no sillier than you ppl running around the woods}
Now I need to PM one of the admins.....
-later
BC

Last edited by Mudder; April 7th, 2009 at 01:48.. Reason: bad keypresses
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:39   #87
Kolin

That was some great information...however this has still left me with some small questionss. See everything I read seems to be in refernce to the guns as a whole....but there are some parts such as a metal body and RIS system I would like to purchase and like everything else in this world they come from china. Would I legally be allowed to order them myself? Or is that also a negitory?
Old May 20th, 2009, 03:56   #88
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolin View Post
That was some great information...however this has still left me with some small questionss. See everything I read seems to be in refernce to the guns as a whole....but there are some parts such as a metal body and RIS system I would like to purchase and like everything else in this world they come from china. Would I legally be allowed to order them myself? Or is that also a negitory?
Look in the FAQ section.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:08   #89
Kolin

Thanks for the link
Old September 18th, 2009, 14:58   #90
maplecanadian

so i originally started airsofting in the states and now i live in calgary, and ive been told that the only ones ur supposed to have here are clear bodies. is this true? if so i need to buy a new gun ><
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General