Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First Airsoft Gun - CM16 Raider

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 9th, 2017, 20:53   #1
Feels

First Airsoft Gun - CM16 Raider

Thinking about buying my first gun and been looking at CM16 Raider, it looks nice, and from the reviews ive seen they say its a pretty good gun. Also the CM18, dunno if its worth the extra few bucks from the Cm16 tho. Would this be a good first gun? Ill only play CQB anyway, atleast for the time being. Ive been told VFC is the way to go but the 400-500 price tag kinda brings me down from buying one. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Feels; February 9th, 2017 at 21:04..
Feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 21:14   #2
IrwWyatt

You're pretty much dead on. It is a great starter gun and always upgrade able. My buddy had a cm18 and loved it. Slightly nicer externals but ultimately up to you. Are there merits to buying a VFC?;well yes. You usually get quality when you pay more but if you really enjoy the sport you can always look into it again in the future.
IrwWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 21:46   #3
Feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrwWyatt View Post
You're pretty much dead on. It is a great starter gun and always upgrade able. My buddy had a cm18 and loved it. Slightly nicer externals but ultimately up to you. Are there merits to buying a VFC?;well yes. You usually get quality when you pay more but if you really enjoy the sport you can always look into it again in the future.
Exactly. I do like the way the cm18 looks. Maybe a lil more so than the raider but the latter is a lot more compact and probly better for cqb which is what im mainly gonna be playing
Feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 21:38   #4
Twelvecarpileup

I believe all "Combat Machine" branded stuff from G&G has similar internals. I got a couple when I first started, and they worked great.

They're great to test (I still use mine on occasion) and once you know you want to keep going with airsoft, it's a good loaner.

I'd recommend a G&G when you first start, and spending the money you save on some of the key things people overlook/cheap out on: Goggles, boots, etc etc.
Twelvecarpileup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 21:54   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

toptech and cms have the same gears, for the most part the guts are the same, plastic cylinder head and standard no o-ring nozzle.
Old February 25th, 2017, 15:20   #6
Dumblins

My brother-in-law has a CM16 Raider and it looks great and performs well also. It could be a good one as a starter gun.

If you want something better but more pricey, check out the SR series (SRS, SRL and SRXL). I went to my local shop and ordered the SRL but it broke during shipping unfortunately so I had to choose something else. I went a little bit too crazy there so I got myself a GC16 MPW 12 which costs way more than I "should've pay for" as a beginner.

The choice is yours to chose between something that might break a little bit quicker/easier or buy something good right out of the box.

Good luck !
Dumblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 21:26   #7
tonydizzle

bought a CM16 raider (the long version) on a Black Friday sale. its pretty decent.
tonydizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 18:58   #8
venture

I tell my new customers: "The CM line by G&G puts you on the field and competitive with $500 guns for minimal price."

The G&G stock hopup is rivaled only by TM themselves. I have seen Raiders shoot 250 feet right out of the box.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion