Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC VR16 Saber SD

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 8th, 2017, 15:15   #1
darknesss111

VFC VR16 Saber SD

Hello all!

Just recently purchased this beauty (hard to come by any information on this so I figured I would ask here).

Out of box, shoots great when mags are feeding. The biggest problem I am having is finding mags that fit properly (STANAGS from CA, King arms, TM and even the included Stanag midcap tends to just fall out.)

P-MAGS (KWA120, PRS) are quite tight and really need to be forced in there.

Anyone suggest a properly fitting mag for this rare breed of airsoft?

Question 2 - If it was an Avalon, I would not worry, but since it is still a VR16, am I running a risk using an 11.1 lipo stock? The retailer in question told me there would be no problems and the small space in the rear wired butt stock leaves no room for a MOSFET.

Does anyone out there have experience with this particular model who could provide insight? It would be gratefully appreciated!
darknesss111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 16:45   #2
Freeze

There's definitely not enough space in the back for anything.

Perhaps you could try for an in gearbox 3034 FET, which is what I'm going to do when I get some wiring.

I have the original Magpul PMAGs (not the new PTS EPMs) and they fit fine and feed fine now (I had nozzle problems), in fact have a bit of a wobble. The included midcap I got with mine is all sorts of SUPER TIGHT in the magwell.

Not sure on using a 11.1, but the wiring is 18 AWG and running a 7.4V LiPo already makes the wiring heat up very quickly in mine. I'm also using a Hi-Torque motor and a 12:1 gearset.

I'd say that I'm gonna try out hexmags and get back to you but that isn't gonna be until at least a week later.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 17:45   #3
darknesss111

Thanks for the great reply!
Odd that we are experiencing opposite situations with the included mag indeed.

Hexmags were my next goto. If I beat ya to it, I will let you know.

All the best!
Old December 11th, 2017, 17:51   #4
darknesss111

Picked up a hexmag, no dice
Old December 12th, 2017, 21:23   #5
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknesss111 View Post
Hello all!

Just recently purchased this beauty (hard to come by any information on this so I figured I would ask here).

Out of box, shoots great when mags are feeding. The biggest problem I am having is finding mags that fit properly (STANAGS from CA, King arms, TM and even the included Stanag midcap tends to just fall out.)

P-MAGS (KWA120, PRS) are quite tight and really need to be forced in there.

Anyone suggest a properly fitting mag for this rare breed of airsoft?

Question 2 - If it was an Avalon, I would not worry, but since it is still a VR16, am I running a risk using an 11.1 lipo stock? The retailer in question told me there would be no problems and the small space in the rear wired butt stock leaves no room for a MOSFET.

Does anyone out there have experience with this particular model who could provide insight? It would be gratefully appreciated!

Hey brotha, from what i'm understanding some of your mags are too loose?

I have the issue of the mags being loose too in all my VFCs, so to solve this i tend to seat a piece of Velcro (the furry side not the prickley side) inside the magwell. this helps ALOT and helps retain majority of mags. the down side to this is you cannot use some mags. so you gota stick to a certain brand you know will feed well in your gun. I did this to all my VFCs as i only use PTS PMags and EPMs. Hope this works for you.

The PTS Pmags and EPMs should not be tight, I have 4 VFC rifles and they all are same spec and have the same issues of being loose with most of my mags.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 18:16   #6
darknesss111

Thanks brother, problem solved!

Any thoughts on using an 11.1?

The Saber models are listed as all having ECS on the website and the Saber SD is the only one listed as not having it.
Many websites I check state that it does indeed have ECS, so I am wondering if they just forgot to slap the logo on there on the main website. Especially considering its one of the newer (if not newest) saber model.

I am also a mostly "semi-auto" only type guy with the odd bursts, so its not like I would be just emptying mags on full auto.

+ the dudes at airsoft depot seem to really know their shit, so I trusted his advice on the 11.1. Its also so much crisper on an 11.1 than a 7.4, like night and day. I would just slap a mosfet/low voltage indicator on the battery but there is not enough room in the tiny butt space. Battery is a 3 cell "Airsoft Logic" 11.1 20c, 1300 mAh btw.
Old December 20th, 2017, 20:10   #7
Freeze

Updates after a day using this gun.

My current specs:
-SHS 12:1 Gearset
-SHS Piston + Head
-VFC Cylinder
-SHS Aluminum cylinder head with Sorbo pad
-VFC Nozzle
-VFC Hop up unit
-Prometheus 6.03 Stainless Steel tightbore 300mm (I did a thing with filling the suppressor with foam)
-Maple Leaf 60 degree bucking
-Added buffer tube and 416 stock (Wanted battery space and didn't have time to get new batteries)
-Added a Gate NANO Mosfet (there is no ECS/FET inside it normally)

Hexmags fit more snug than PMAGs.
PMAGs are actually a bit loose but won't fall out.

As for using a 11.1V, I think I'm undecided on it because while I would like the extra trigger response, do I need it, and do I want to rebuy more batteries? If money wasn't an issue I would likely go for some 11.1V batteries though. I'd also probably print a 3d extension to fit a mosfet or something in because apparently from what I"ve heard using 11.1Vs mean that you burn through your trigger contacts quicker.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion