Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Emerson FAST Helmet w/ Flip Down Visor

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 6th, 2015, 12:34   #1
GMoney

So yesterday Venture came by to pick up my Mauser L96 sniper rifle to fix her up after she came down with a problem.
While browsing his site for possible future purchases I found he was selling Emerson FAST Helmets with a flip down visor for half price.
While I used helmets back when I first started in airsoft, I went helmetless after I found the helmet I used was to bulky and heavy, but I figured that I would give a helmet another go, and this helmet was the right price.
When he came by with the helmet, I immediately tried it on and fell in love with it.
Its lightweight and you can customize this helmet the way you want with a GO Pro Camera, night vision or whatever else you want.
Plus it's got velcro places to attach patches, name tags, etc to give you the look you want.
Here is the helmet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3092.JPG (1,003.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3106.JPG (1.18 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3108.JPG (1.27 MB, 17 views)
Old January 6th, 2015, 13:53   #2
siggypoo

I'm very curious about the same model, from Venture, or whatever least expensive source. My main concern is the sizing. I fit L to XL, and I know a lot of this gear is made with asian sizes in mind. Also wondering how safe the visor is for airsoft, and wether it'll fit over glasses or not.
Care to share your insights?

Old January 6th, 2015, 14:04   #3
FULLMETAL

I bought 5 of them for my team (aliexpress) they are Emerson airsoft... and we did some testing firing with a PTW red cylinder from a distance of 20 inches +-. It did just the regular mark any bb (0.28g) would do from that distance, no scratches at all.

About the size, from the 5 the ony one a bit tight is mine one (I guess I have a big head). But removing the back pad fixed the situation.
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 15:00   #4
siggypoo

Perfect, I'm sold! Thx.

Old January 6th, 2015, 15:31   #5
GMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
I'm very curious about the same model, from Venture, or whatever least expensive source. My main concern is the sizing. I fit L to XL, and I know a lot of this gear is made with asian sizes in mind. Also wondering how safe the visor is for airsoft, and wether it'll fit over glasses or not.
Care to share your insights?

Hey Siggypoo. Well, I did some research, plus, a fellow airsofter said he tested out the visor with one of his 500fps sniper rifles and the visor sustained no damage...Now...That is good news, but...I'd rather not be the guy that the visor doesn't work for, so I will be using safety glasses underneath the visor, just to be on the safe side.
But I will be testing this out tonight, so look back for my test results. I'll let you know Siggy.
Old January 6th, 2015, 16:01   #6
waylander

I've got one of these as well. The visor is basically just an acrylic which really isn't that strong. If it was lexan I'd be a lot happier but then it would cost a lot more as well.

What I do is wear my revision sawfly under them with a clear lens. I have the visor in black tint. So I pull the visor down when needed in really bright conditions, then lift the visor up in darker conditions.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 16:17   #7
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

Is there a rating stamp anywhere on them? If not, depending on the field regs you might not be able to use the shield as eye pro. I know for NSA games, no CSA stamp=no dice.
Old January 6th, 2015, 16:53   #8
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Is there a rating stamp anywhere on them? If not, depending on the field regs you might not be able to use the shield as eye pro. I know for NSA games, no CSA stamp=no dice.
Some fields used to go so far as to say authentic eyewear only no "made in china". I remember knock off Oakley's, Bolle's and ESS lenses being sold with the "stamp" on em but they were far from ballistic grade. I suspect a spit ball could had penetrate these lens'! Now I'm not saying China can't make a good product but user always has to beware parts unknown no matter the origin.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 18:26   #9
MultipleParadox

It's nice and all, but how narrow (or large?) is the gap between the visor bottom and your face? Any chance of a BB getting there easily? Or is it the "same" as shooting glasses that aren't full-seal?

Also, the mannequin's nose is inside the visor as well; wouldn't that cause heavy fogging?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 18:54   #10
siggypoo

Mannequin head is small. The visor will go down as much as you need, but you'd want a mask or something for your lower. Either way, you can buy without the visor, or just keep it up.

Old January 6th, 2015, 19:02   #11
GMoney

I will be doing further testing later tonight once I get home from work tonight, so expect some more pictures tonight and more info. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.I will be more than happy to answer any and all as to what I can.
I don't plan on using just the visor as eye protection, i don't care how strong anything claims to be, I will be using ballistics glasses as well....just to be on the safe side. Cant be to safe when it comes to your eyes.
Old January 6th, 2015, 23:17   #12
GMoney

So folks, here is the result of the ballistics glasses. Being worn under the visor are the Classic Army eyewear I wore during my first few months of airsoft which I then converted to full blown goggles.
There is enough space between the visor and glasses that they wont interfere with each other.
Unless someone is shooting from directly underneath you, there is no chance a BB can find its way in to the vicinity of where your eyes are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3110.JPG (812.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3111.JPG (867.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3112.JPG (852.6 KB, 25 views)
Old January 6th, 2015, 23:22   #13
GMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I don't see any kind of rating stamp on the visor, but as stated, I will not be using JUST the visor. I care to much about my eyesight to risk it even if the visor was safety approved.
Watched a video of the same helmet visor being tested, still don't trust it, sure it might withstand shots, but with my luck I'll have the one helmet with a visor that totally disintegrates with a BB shot.
Old January 7th, 2015, 08:54   #14
siggypoo

Screw the bucket, I want the shirt, lol!
Okay, if we're talking about the bucket, how big a guy are you? I'm 6'9", and proportionately pretty big all over. That pumpkin protector fit your nugget comfirtably?
I'd do as Waylander said, and use a tinted visor with untinted protective eyewear under. Remaining thing is for me to get Rx safety glasses. ClearlyContacts.ca here I come.

Last edited by siggypoo; January 7th, 2015 at 09:03..
siggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 09:54   #15
GMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
Screw the bucket, I want the shirt, lol!
Okay, if we're talking about the bucket, how big a guy are you? I'm 6'9", and proportionately pretty big all over. That pumpkin protector fit your nugget comfirtably?
I'd do as Waylander said, and use a tinted visor with untinted protective eyewear under. Remaining thing is for me to get Rx safety glasses. ClearlyContacts.ca here I come.

i'm about 5'7ish. The helmet fits me quite comfortably. Didn't have to take out any pieces. It was a good snug fit.
My last helmet I had bounced around alot, was heavy. This thing is as light as a feather, fits like a glove.
I'm sure it'd fit you too. You may need to remove one or two pieces, but I am sure that it'd fit.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion