Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cyber Gun Taurus PT 24/7

:

Reviews

Old December 29th, 2008, 23:34   #1
Hortons Heros

Cyber Gun Taurus PT 24/7

Flame shields up!

Here is a review of the cyber gun PT 24/7 I just recieved...do what you will with it. I should start this review by saying I hate gas guns. To finiky with leaks and not being useful in the cold. This is me giving gas guns a last chance.

First off some videos about the real thing
YouTube - Taurus Firearms PT 24/7 PRO Pistol

Looks
The hammerless short framed gun looks great! Lots of little detials like serial #, KWC markings, "trigger finger dimples", safety etc. Also have a railed frame but I have no toys to put on it....sad.

There are some Taurus markings in blue on the clear frame but I just painted over them.

Sights have red dots on them and the safety does as well.

Feal-
I love the feal of small pistols and this has it! It reminds me a bit of the USP for how it sits in the hand. There is a dimple in the frame for your finger to sit when it's not on the trigger. The ribbed rubber grip is great for non slip sturdy feal.

With the mag out it weighs less than a springer pistol. The lower frame seems to be made of different plastic or something a bit thicker. Everything on the lower frame fits well. The upper is junk...it doesn't quite fit on the lower snugly. There are gaps here and there that make it look cheap.

The mags weigh a tonne even for a gas gun. They claim to be an "all in one mag" meaning that most of the moving parts to make it fire are in the mag.

Chrono
averaged around 351 fps wtih .2s. There were some highs like 380 and some lows like 340 but for most of the shots it was 349 ish.

With .25s it was sitting around 319 on the dot. Not much variance at all.

Performance.

15 BBs is not a lot. I bought three mags to counter the fact that there are so few BBs per mag but there is totally room to double stack it.

The safety is makes the gun safe...kind of. It does stop it from firing but does not stop the trigger from moving or from loading more BBs. Handy for doing a shotgun style shot...but also kind of useless...OK it's a little frustrating to have a safety that doesn't stop BBs from loading.

Fit in the hoslter is great. Small gun means it goes deep. The hammerless frame also makes getting it out extremely smooth. Very nice feature! One of the biggest pleasant surprises was the mag release. It sits very flush with the gun and does not release the mag when put into a tight fitting holster. A first for any pistol I have used. I can confidently put this gun on the hip with mag in and have no fears of loosing the mag. WOOT!

Just doing some basement shooting it seems to shoot a little low and left but it does have hop-up that hasn't really been engaged at 20ft. I will post more after a game. The cluster does seem about the same as my MP5 PDW though, not a one handed sniper for sure!!!

Running CO2 is sweet. Knowing that it will perform in almost any weather, getting 200 BBs to a cylnder and it is reasonable cheap...not grean gas cheap but cheap..

EDIT-the screw on the bottom of the mags has a large hole where the wrench goes to tighten it down. This hole also is handy to see which mags have a cylnder in them and which don't...nice feature.

Overall

I am very impressed but it still needs to be gamed a bit. Top slide could be improved and having single stack mags kinda sucks. Great feal with mag in and impressive FPS for a clearsoft.

LOVE TO HEAR SOME THOUGHTS

painted- i messed up a bit painting but nothing huge...

Last edited by Hortons Heros; December 30th, 2008 at 01:55..
Hortons Heros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2008, 23:48   #2
sushicake

theres alot of deviations in the FPS, but not bad for a clearsoft.
Old December 29th, 2008, 23:50   #3
Hortons Heros

I should metion I got this from shootsoft.ca (not sure if I can metion the store on the non verified section, please correct me if I am in the wrong).

Price was around $170 for gun and 3 mags shipped.

the 315 and 319 are with .25s the others are .2s
Old December 29th, 2008, 23:53   #4
The_Decider

These guns work great for those of you who dont often use a sidearm / or dont want to dish out the coin for a mainline GBB, they hold up well and look good after some paint.
The Sig-Pro one is the same guts I think?, and they are also good and nice weight to the Mags.
Good Guns overall & for the price!> in WPG. you can get em for 80$ APX.... @ SIR
The_Decider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 00:01   #5
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Nice review, but don't support Cybergun!
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 00:04   #6
Hortons Heros

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Decider View Post
These guns work great for those of you who dont often use a sidearm / or dont want to dish out the coin for a mainline GBB, they hold up well and look good after some paint.
The Sig-Pro one is the same guts I think?, and they are also good and nice weight to the Mags.
Good Guns overall & for the price!> in WPG. you can get em for 80$ APX.... @ SIR
exacatly, I couldn't validate a $300 GBB that was unreliable when I needed it. You get what you pay for but so far I am very happy.
Old December 30th, 2008, 00:24   #7
LeGROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Nice review, but don't support Cybergun!
You will be surprise what Cybergun (palco in the usa) are doing! They now working with JG for there new model!

Yes in the past there was a lot of cheap plastic with the firepower series, except they upgrade there quality!

You should see this beauty blowback in action!! WOW!!! There is few members in Québec who have the chance to try it and could confirm how amazing it is!

Nice review Horton!!
Old December 30th, 2008, 00:43   #8
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

not saying their guns aren't any good, but they are trying to put other companies out of business:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...cybergun&meta=

sorry to mess up your review thread dude.
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 19:29   #9
ShadowNet

Nice. Any tips on how to paint it evenly/smoothly? What kind of paint did you use? Did you disassemble it to paint it?
Old January 2nd, 2009, 00:45   #10
The_Decider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
Nice. Any tips on how to paint it evenly/smoothly? What kind of paint did you use? Did you disassemble it to paint it?
Krylon the thing
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:18   #11
Hortons Heros

I kyloned indeed. I masked the dots on the sights, all the controls for the gun and the rubber handle. I am not sure what was going on but you can see the shinny bit in the first painted photo. Something made the paint shine when it dried there but nowhere else. Best advice with kylon is do what the instructions say and use 4-5 coats.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 14:11   #12
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hortons Heros View Post
I kyloned indeed. I masked the dots on the sights, all the controls for the gun and the rubber handle. I am not sure what was going on but you can see the shinny bit in the first painted photo. Something made the paint shine when it dried there but nowhere else. Best advice with kylon is do what the instructions say and use 4-5 coats.
What did you use to mask the parts you didn't want to paint?
Old January 2nd, 2009, 15:22   #13
Hortons Heros

masking tape
Old January 2nd, 2009, 15:23   #14
The_Decider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowNet View Post
What did you use to mask the parts you didn't want to paint?
I am guessing he used painters tape, but if you go with the sig2022 it does not have any rubber grip so you can paint the entire thing. thats what I did then I painted the grip a different color later.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 16:15   #15
ShadowNet

Which type of krylon paint did you use?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews