Old August 4th, 2011, 13:38   #166
sortie39
Banned

COUNTER STRIKE!!!!!!!

I was the king........
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 20:39   #167
JKmaister

Raccoons > bb gun > airsoft? > bylaw > hmm, them critters are sooo cute > airsoft seems cool

google: airsoft canada.

that's how I got here.

*no raccoons was hurt during my search for airsoft info.
JKmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 21:19   #168
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Playing Rainbowsix 3 Black Arrow live back in the day,( loved my c4 )
one of my clansman was showing the crew his mp5 and the discussion about airsoft came about. I mentioned a computer tech I knew ( aka Dirtbag ) had a g3 sg1 and my buddies all said that I should see if there's a filed of play ariound. At that time I didnt know a thing about airsoft and they said airsoft was alittle like the games we played online. I tracked down Dirtbag back in 2005 and the rest is history!
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 21:22   #169
THe_Silencer

Randomly browsing the internet and discovering an alternative to paintball with MUCH more realistic guns. I decided to get AVed since the selection for airsoft on Craiglist is quite limited. :P

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 22:29   #170
burningashes
cumpulsive masturbator

The love of beautiful firearms and ofcourse their airsoft counterparts which are much safer play things and much more fun to fondle.
burningashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:39   #171
scurvythepirate

I had always had an interest with firearms, probably video games from a young age :P

Anyhow, our local Army Surplus Store began carrying "Soft Air Guns", where my brother bought an XM8, and as soon as he had brought it home and began shooting at some cans in out backyard, i was HOOKED. Bought myself a crappy Crosman Gun, then a Firepower? AK-47 for about $50, the shitty thing broke quickly.
Moved on from there.

On a different note, can someone help me find the "how much have you spent on Airsoft" thread, i cant find it at all. Thnx

Last edited by scurvythepirate; August 10th, 2011 at 06:53..
scurvythepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:57   #172
Gulag

I remember friend getting me into airsoft.

Well, getting into... He was just blabbing something and he didn't really know shit about it, but they just opened the first AS shop in town and he went snooping around. Since me and other friend of mine are gun nuts, we were thrilled about it and I soon bought my first gun.

Aaah, those were the days

Just goes to show, people with brain damage are the real heroes.
Gulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:46   #173
Barf
Official ASC News Anchor

Thought "this would be a great way to meet women". Boy, what a waste of time and money that was!

Started in the 80's with paintball. Stumbled on airsoft at the 1998 Hobby Show. That's where I met Poncho. From there it was the playing with the Kingston crew (STAT's, Salamanders, Dogs). From there I brought in Sha Do, Joker, and the rest of the Spectre crew ..... Great times!

I got onto ASC with the old guard when we graduated from Lynch's board.

Click For chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm
"Did someone lose a condom, I found it in my shit"
Lightfighter can suck my cock. Fuckin' thieves!

Barf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:37   #174
the man behind the rifle

I have always loved firearms and from a very young age I have been fascinated with ww2 history and the art of sniping. So I started to play paintball, that got boring and didn’t offer enough of the whole package from a ballistics and physics point of view so I switched to airsoft and from the beginning a got hooked on sniper rifles. I guess really the role fit me perfectly I have great patience (for the most part) and I am just built for every application that the sniper fulfils.
the man behind the rifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 11:49   #175
slink182

I just stumbled across this site a months ago while looking to get back into airsofting after many many (many) moons.

As for who got me into the game and when...? That would be my cousins from Hong Kong (Dad's side). In 1978. Before airsoft became airsoft, and the guns were referred to as "BS" guns. No idea what the "BS" stood for. Single shot, spring powered, all (cheap) plastic manufacture, and firing little blue plastic pellets (shaped like the little conical pellet gun rounds, not BB shaped at all).

Shit-tons o' fun. Personal safety was waaaaaaay down the list of "Important Self-Preservation Tips for Life" (TM). Did I also mention this was back in the '70s...?

And yet, somehow I survived my childhood... more or less in one piece...
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.

Last edited by slink182; August 10th, 2011 at 11:51..
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 19:31   #176
nickssj21

When I was a little kid (around 12 years old), i knew about airsoft guns because I would see them in Canadian Tire or Walmart. I went on youtube and searched up airsoft. Got many videos, and watched hundreds of them. Everything from games, CQB and MILSIM, reviews of guns, reviews or rules. It got me so interested in the sport/hobby because of the realism involved with airsoft. But I was 12 at that time, so lets face it, the chances of me playing at that time were super slim. Especially with parents who were obviously going to say no to buying me a "gun". So last year (I was 17), I bought a clear M4 from BassPro in Vaughn Mills. Shot around the house and made targets, LOVED EVERY SINGLE BIT OF IT. I turned 18 and officially picked up the sport. Went down to Ultimate Airsoft and had my first airsoft game I found this website a year or so after I discovered airsoft.
Old February 24th, 2021, 14:37   #177
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barf View Post
Thought "this would be a great way to meet women". Boy, what a waste of time and money that was!

Started in the 80's with paintball. Stumbled on airsoft at the 1998 Hobby Show. That's where I met Poncho. From there it was the playing with the Kingston crew (STAT's, Salamanders, Dogs). From there I brought in Sha Do, Joker, and the rest of the Spectre crew ..... Great times!

I got onto ASC with the old guard when we graduated from Lynch's board.
Necro as Hell But This Quote is Solid Fucking Gold BARF!!! !

Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2021, 09:59   #178
Phalanix
raaaaawrrr!

Necro or not, it's still a good thread! Especially with the current Bill C-21 issue. Shows how those of us in the community got together and the friendships that developed over the years.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General