Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Camo Colours

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 31st, 2009, 16:22   #1
chronic

Camo Colours

Hello All,
I just came back from my first airsoft game. It was a blast. with the exception of a few guys everyone was in Camos (i say Fatigues).
What's the driving factor behind chioce of Camo colour? I like the Urban colour but clearly its not pratical for anything outdoors here in Canada.

I saw tiger stripe, some cool looking pixelated stuff and some guy wearing ferns, (well that and the BB that hit me was all I saw of him)..
Old May 31st, 2009, 16:45   #2
Drake
E-01

First it depends on if you just want to wear any camo, or if you're trying to achieve a particular overall impression (US Army, Canadian Army, British, etc)

Another factor to consider is if "sides" in games get broken up by particular patterns/styles: then you may want to pick something that will put you on the same side as your friends (or whomever you wish to play with... maybe you like shooting AT your "friends" </evil>)
Old May 31st, 2009, 16:55   #3
skalnok

it all depends on the area you live in and what suites the colours of your environment the best
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 17:18   #4
L473ncy

Hunters camo is pretty good apparently although you may be looked down upon.

I personally have/use Flecktarn, OD, Woodland, and Multicam.

It's my personal taste and when they split the teams up into something like Greens vs Tan/Brown I can just put on a specific pattern and I'm good to go.

There is digital tiger stripe available (ABU - Airman battle Uniform), but whatever floats your boat and doesn't hurt your wallet get it.
Old May 31st, 2009, 17:35   #5
RockinShaun

the digital is CADPAT canadian forces issue. Great camo for anything canada has to offer during the warm months. MARPAT is very similar to CADPAT just has a brown base instead of a green base. A lot of the guys I game with regularly including myself try to outfit ourselves around the canadian armed forces. There are teams that orient themselves around the vietnam era or german just to name a few. When it all comes down to it it doesn't really what camo you are wearing its how you use it
RockinShaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 20:23   #6
Darklen
Administrator

Wear whatever works best for your area. In some areas Cadpat rules the roost, in others it's Marpat or Multicam. Sometimes, you'll might want to have a selection.

In reality, OD works well almost everywhere (always has, always will). Woodland works well as well. US used it for about 30 years beofr going to the digital patterns. Hunting patterns can work extremely well, but many games restrict the usable patterns to available military camoflage patterns.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank