Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Hi-Capa Alternatives for IPSC and Pistol Primaries

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 20th, 2018, 13:36   #1
Dragate

TM Hi-Capa Alternatives for IPSC and Pistol Primaries

Hey Guys,

Looking for some recommendations for IPSC and Pistol Primary (CQB / maybe outdoors) play.

I've heard of some ppl recommending the ASG SP-01, but some people say the accuracy just isn't there for IPSC. It would probably be fine for CQB / pistol primary play. But I've watched another video where because of the metal slide, the green gas mags lose too much pressure for the last few bb's. Also, the slide feels sluggish. This is alleviated with running the Co2 Mags, but that's a lot more hassle.

I think the main things that are important here are performance (accuracy, cooldown performance retention), and reliability (parts not breaking if used so frequently).

Also, are there any Co2 Mag mods like the devil hunter mods for GHK m4's?

HPA is probably out of the question due to the high requirements for reloading speeds for IPSC.
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 14:37   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
There's no alternatives for TM Hi-Capas for IPSC and a pistol primary IMO, these guns have unlimited potential and can be very expensive.

A TM Glock 17 for CQB/IPSC is a great alternative, but Hi-Capa IMO would do better.

I personally prefer the TM M&P9 and Glocks, I am not a big fan of Hi-Capas, (4.3 is ok).

If you're worried about cool down, etc, the TM plastic will give you the best performance OOTB, wouldn't worry about replacing stuff until things break - if you really need superior accuracy for IPSC, maple leaf bucking and an inner barrel will do the job... but if you're talking about Action Air, the targets are less than 10 feet away, even with the most pimped hi-capa, I see shooters missing targets.

- There are no CO2 mods like the DH one for pistols
- HPA ensures consistent shots for pistols
- Go to a store and hold the few pistols out with a mag in it to see how they feel
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2018, 15:41   #3
Dragate

Sweet thnx.

Yeah I'll try feeling the Glocks and M&P 9's. The 5.1 Hi-Capa as great as it is as an overall package in terms of what it offers, but it feels weird to me in hand.

Good to know that about Action Air.
Old March 25th, 2018, 22:10   #4
Surnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
There's no alternatives for TM Hi-Capas for IPSC and a pistol primary IMO, these guns have unlimited potential and can be very expensive.

A TM Glock 17 for CQB/IPSC is a great alternative, but Hi-Capa IMO would do better.

I personally prefer the TM M&P9 and Glocks, I am not a big fan of Hi-Capas, (4.3 is ok).

If you're worried about cool down, etc, the TM plastic will give you the best performance OOTB, wouldn't worry about replacing stuff until things break - if you really need superior accuracy for IPSC, maple leaf bucking and an inner barrel will do the job... but if you're talking about Action Air, the targets are less than 10 feet away, even with the most pimped hi-capa, I see shooters missing targets.

- There are no CO2 mods like the DH one for pistols
- HPA ensures consistent shots for pistols
- Go to a store and hold the few pistols out with a mag in it to see how they feel
Does anyone make parts for the TM M&P other than UAC and Guarder? Considering UAC is closing up, I'm not aware of anyone else making internals (otherwise it would be a strong contender for myself as another pistol... I really like how M&P9s look).
Surnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:21   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
Sweet thnx.

Yeah I'll try feeling the Glocks and M&P 9's. The 5.1 Hi-Capa as great as it is as an overall package in terms of what it offers, but it feels weird to me in hand.

Good to know that about Action Air.
Put a Tanio Koba grip on it. Makes it much more rounded and comfy than the standard squarish blocky Hicapa grip.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2018, 11:46   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
AFAIK No one makes much stuff for the M&P9 - it's pretty "niche" in airsoft IMO - UAC stepped up to make parts for it which was nice.

If I were you I'd pick up some parts while you can!

I think guarder may make some minor stuff for them
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2018, 17:28   #7
Dragate

I REALLY liked the SAI style WE M&P9 I tried in store. Felt amazing. So did the Armor Works hicapas.

Didn't get to try the HK45 nor VP9 or anything like that.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank