Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sterling Grip

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old March 25th, 2014, 15:07   #1
Emre1337

Sterling Grip

Not sure if anybody here likes Funker Tactical or not but I recently came across this video which shows a different grip technique. While at first I was very skeptical, I now want to put this technique to use. While it seems more for RS application then airsoft, I think it should still provide more stability when firing on the move, especially for people who run GBBR's.

This is the video: Zero Sterling Grip: Extended Explanation - YouTube
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 15:54   #2
Danke

Holding the magazine of a Sterling while firing is a great way to get a boot up your ass (along with a FTF).
Old March 25th, 2014, 18:42   #3
Emre1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Holding the magazine of a Sterling while firing is a great way to get a boot up your ass (along with a FTF).
Lol

But that's not the point of the video, its using a grip on a 45 degree angle. I know some people will bash but I just want to see if anybody can add information on why it may or may not be useful. Yes I am a "n00b" as I just recently (November 2013) got into Airsoft and purchased some basic equipment and gear.
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:26   #4
Brit ter

When using the sterling , holding onto the mag was a no,no as it would put pressure on the mag and could jam or misfeed ! Also the weapon could climb when in full auto , looks to me that this firing technic would allow the weapon to climb when using it in a full auto mode !might be fine for airsoft but not real steel!

Last edited by Brit ter; March 25th, 2014 at 19:31..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:32   #5
Emre1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
When using the sterling , holding onto the mag was a no,no as it would put pressure on the mag and could jam ! Also the weapon could climb when in full auto , looks to me that this firing technic would allow the weapon to climb when using it in a full auto mode !
Tru, but I think it all depends on play style. I prefer firing in Semi-Auto mainly because it's more accurate. Also GBB's tend to have cooldown issues when fired in full auto, would much rather fire in Semi, besides, all you need to do is hit your opponent once with a bb right?
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:36   #6
Brit ter

Just for reference , this is the correct stance for firing a sterling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (358.6 KB, 21 views)
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:56   #7
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre1337 View Post
Lol

But that's not the point of the video, its using a grip on a 45 degree angle. I know some people will bash but I just want to see if anybody can add information on why it may or may not be useful. Yes I am a "n00b" as I just recently (November 2013) got into Airsoft and purchased some basic equipment and gear.
Be concerned when the first think out of the mouth of your "Tac Trainer"' is 100% wrong and they picked it up on youtube.

Be really concerned; and as a rule anything else they state as fact is not to be taken as fact.
Old March 25th, 2014, 20:06   #8
FirestormX

I'd imagine that the main drawbacks are that this won't have the same advantages as the C-clamp grip.
C-clamp is supposed to help control muzzle climb, and have "the most control" over your barrel. For example if you have a vertical grip, and you only hold the grip (and not the barrel), and you spin around real fast, the top of the gun will wobble about, since you don't have full control over the barrel.

The other huge disadvantage to this, is alternating shoulders. Unless you do a shoulder bump, you're not going to have a fun time moving your primary hand from your pistol grip up to that "sterling grip".

It does look nice and comfy, though. Magwell grips are comfy too. Not necessarily efficient though.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 20:17   #9
Emre1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Be concerned when the first think out of the mouth of your "Tac Trainer"' is 100% wrong and they picked it up on youtube.

Be really concerned; and as a rule anything else they state as fact is not to be taken as fact.
Lol I'm not using this technique currently, I tend to switch between the "C-Clamp" and griping the Magwell, but if it works, what does it matter what it looks like? Also, I'm not discrediting the C-Clamp, it's a tried-and-true, universal technique used all over the world. This Sterling Grip technique is something posted on youtube by one guy fairly recently, and there are no discussions about it really so I can't get any more information on it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures