Russgunner

Ghk ak chat

Helll this topic is just to talk about ghk aks you can help others if you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Russgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 00:00   #2
Sash

Is it worth getting one?

I own GHK m4 GBBR and loving it. Thinking about getting an AK as well...

How is it? Worth spending money on? What are the parts that I should expect to replace?
Sash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 00:08   #3
Sash

Is it worth getting one?

I own GHK m4 GBBR and loving it. Thinking about getting an AK as well...

How is it? Worth spending money on? What are the parts that I should expect to replace?
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:04   #4
Full-Auto-Seer

If you buy a GHK AK, don't get it from Evike, they send both me and a friend old stock from when they first introduced their current system. Buy from somewhere in Canada, or sites like Samoon.

Now, for starters, expect the stock hop-up chamber to break pretty early. Not immediately, but early. Running stock, the GHK AK line runs AEG barrels and buckings. If you prefer to use those, you can get CNC'd hop chambers. If you want slightly better accuracy, you can buy the GBL or TNT hop-up units. They use TM-style sniper rifle inner barrels and buckings. However, these are much more expensive, especially TNT.

The bolt (not the bolt carrier) will wear out eventually: have extras. The O-rings will go bad over time as well: have extras. I'm not sure if new production guns have steel internals. However, you may want to replace the hammer and sear with steel versions.

Look up the Devilhunter mod if you want to run refillable CO2.
Old March 14th, 2018, 23:24   #5
Sash

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up on the potential issues. I totally agree on hopup unit issue. Mine M4 broke in first month or two of owning the gun. But replacing it with T-N.T. was't that difficult.
Old March 15th, 2018, 08:44   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
GHK AK .. probably the best platform out there IMO. Only immediate downside is it's half travel vs WE's full travel, but in turn you get better performance for small sacrifice of realism.

Externals are from LCT so you know the externals are top tier, unlike their GHK M4's which has semi decent externals/finish.

If you compare stock to stock, the AKs have a harder kick IMO, adjusting hopup is easier aswell, as you just life your dust cover up.

I agree with the hop up chamber breaking easily on all GHK products, one double feed can really crack your hopup unit, but it's a $5 replacement.. and is it worth the $100 USD TNT setup? Maybe.. if you play outdoors, for indoors all you need is a hard nub and a maple leaf bucking IMO.

For the AK's, the only real "parts" you will need after sometime is the hepheathus sear/firing pin? (minor internal bits) everything else you can snail mail from samoon for the price of a cup of coffee.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2018, 12:00   #7
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
GHK AK .. probably the best platform out there IMO. Only immediate downside is it's half travel vs WE's full travel, but in turn you get better performance for small sacrifice of realism.
How is it better than WE in performance?

I had the same predicament when I decided to go AK between GHK and WE. In the end, after my research, I bought the WE and immediately upgraded the FCG and I was still <= $200 ahead than a stock GHK. I also added a short stroke kit (which is easily removable) for $30 and I'm still ahead.

It's not like I don't like GHK, and will probably get one in the future to facilitate better comparison.

But I do know GHK has common issues shareable from their M4's such as feedlips and hop units, and I know that the GHK AK still needs upgraded FCG parts just like the WE does.

So in the end, do you want to buy an object because the brand name is popular and in favour, or do you really want to break it down comparatively and see the real pros and cons of each brand?
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2018, 18:41   #8
Full-Auto-Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipunero View Post
How is it better than WE in performance?

I had the same predicament when I decided to go AK between GHK and WE. In the end, after my research, I bought the WE and immediately upgraded the FCG and I was still <= $200 ahead than a stock GHK. I also added a short stroke kit (which is easily removable) for $30 and I'm still ahead.

It's not like I don't like GHK, and will probably get one in the future to facilitate better comparison.

But I do know GHK has common issues shareable from their M4's such as feedlips and hop units, and I know that the GHK AK still needs upgraded FCG parts just like the WE does.

So in the end, do you want to buy an object because the brand name is popular and in favour, or do you really want to break it down comparatively and see the real pros and cons of each brand?
Where'd you find a WE for that cheap and/or a GHK for that much extra? The cheapest WE AK is $330 USD, while the cheapest GHK is $400. Sure there's still differences but not by $200 unless you're comparing the WE AK74UN to the GHK RPK.

The main advantage of GHK's system is their magazines. They're very efficient and resistant to cooldown. The main problem is their feed lips, but only if you don't sand them. The manual says not to, but thousands of GHK owners getting better results after doing so must mean something.

Another thing is being able to run CO2 from a bottle. Since GHK mags are a gas tank *inside of* a magazine shell instead of a gas tank *that looks like* a magazine, they are much stronger. They use cylindrical gas tubes with no corners to become weak/failure points when using higher pressure gasses. All you need to do is replace the fill and knocker valves and then teflon the tubes. And you can convert them back if you need to shoot softer.

The sear and hammer breaking seems to be more the result of using CO2 as well, which is somewhat understandable with the higher power. I used mine on propane for 3 years, and those parts only broke after switching to CO2. Plus both parts are about 25 each, not too expensive.
Old March 16th, 2018, 10:23   #9
Katipunero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Auto-Seer View Post
Where'd you find a WE for that cheap and/or a GHK for that much extra? The cheapest WE AK is $330 USD, while the cheapest GHK is $400. Sure there's still differences but not by $200 unless you're comparing the WE AK74UN to the GHK RPK.
My comparison is the WE AK74UN and the GHK AKS-74. Not naming retailers, even at a current search and comparison the gap is about $150. At the time I bought it, it was pretty much $200 less.
Katipunero is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion