Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

maybe its just me....ICS A3 issues

:

AEG Solutions

Old April 25th, 2007, 03:04   #1
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
maybe its just me....ICS A3 issues

after about 8 months of play my prized ics -a3 was shooting a unacceptable 286fps,,,down from 340fps. after being adament about playing with an out of the box stock weapon until the spring sagged ( well,,i put metal bushings in but thats it) i decided i had earned the right to upgrade. what a mess,,,was an easy enough swap being a split mechbox but one simple spring upgrade sure upset the balance of the rifle. went to a systema m120. nice quality part,, installation was a snap,,,but only having an 8.4v 2400 m/h nicad the rate of fire seemed as effective as trying to run underwater. forget semi auto,,cycling was erratic and undependable. the weapon shot a respectable and consistant 377fps,,but no more double tap kills with an erratic semi auto,,,,and no kill is more satisfying when you run someone out of ammo in their high-cap pop up and give 'em two in the chest ,,,, so i took the m120 out and put an m100 in( was a gimme ) and im awaiting a piston/piston head to go with the new spring. im hoping i will get a better air seal with this combination. i also plan to go to a m110 spring in the near future. with a better air seal an m110 i should be around 380-390. to make this long story short,,upgrades need to be chosen wisely,,if you are not going with high torque gears/ motor /battery to accompany a high spring upgrade,,,,dont bother. it will only upset the balance between reliability and dependability.

Last edited by six4; April 25th, 2007 at 03:14..
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 20:02   #2
the_spork_of_death

i put an m160 spring in my m4 after uprgrading everything to handle it (foolish mistake i used a half tooth poly carb piston) fired about 3 rounds and the back 1/2 inch of the piston broke off. but it was 3 devistatingly hard shots on the crono
Old April 10th, 2009, 20:19   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
This section is for AEG SOLUTIONS, not new problems.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > AEG Solutions