Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What got youn into airsoft?

:

General

Old October 12th, 2018, 03:28   #1
fortsmithman

What got youn into airsoft?

I got interested in airsoft because my sister and my nephew both bought themselves airsfot pistols after I bought my nephew a combination BB/pellet pistol. I own 2 airsoft pistol a KJW P226 CO2 and a KSC G17. Those are the only pistols i will buy. I plan on buying a decent AEG rifle or smg. If not for my sister, and nephew I would not be involved in airsoft, I'm going to give it a try. My main interest is collecting older air pistols, and air rifles. That will probably be a little more expensive than airsoft. Currently I own as well as my previously mentioned airsoft pistols are 1 BB/pellet revolver, 1 blowback steel BB pistol, 1 non blowback bb/pellet pistol.
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2018, 21:16   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I don’t know who Youn is, nor why he got into Airsoft.

I had a friend who was already in it when he moved out to Alberta to work in the patch with me. He immediately looked up local groups to play with and we went to meet with them. I had no real interest, but they were nice guys. Unfortunately he had to move away before the season started. They contacted me and were bummed to find out he was gone, as experienced guys were incredibly hard to find back then. The team captain begged me to come out and give it a try. I finally agreed, because why not, and got hooked immediately with the tactical and competitive side of it. Almost 15 years later and I’m still neck deep in it.
Old October 14th, 2018, 01:48   #3
fortsmithman

I meant to type you instead of youn. My bad.
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 16:09   #4
SawBone

I heard a group of people were playing in my area from an acquaintance and I figured I'd check it out. I got to a game as a "guest photographer" once and I thought it was pretty cool so I geared up and came to play the following year.
SawBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 14:28   #5
Lt Krieger

I am a veteran and "hero" to my teenage kids. They have been begging me to come out and play with their group so here I am, still trying to be a Cool Dad.
Lt Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 01:26   #6
Ratters

Originally my interest was anything firearm related. I built a MP40 out of wood in the garage as a kid. I then began buying and building Marushin Plug Fire pistols, assault rifles and smg's. This was back when you could still buy Marushin guns off the wall at local surplus shops including a few off of movie sets and private industry importers. Somewhere along the way I obtained a pump action, shell ejecting airsoft gun. I think it was a Walther MPL or a Tec 9 type thing. My first intro into a gas gun was a Beretta 93R that used bb shell halves you dripped red dye into, glued together and attempted to make it work. You name it, I had it. A full sized, six drawer dresser full of replicas, plug fire guns, airsoft, blank firing guns. The bug bit young and it's never left
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:31   #7
Full-Auto-Seer

I started with paintball after being invited to a birthday party when I was 12. I played for a few years,but I wanted something more realistic. So I began searching for mag-fed guns and events and came across airsoft milsims. Specifically...

Operation Eastwind http://www.operationeastwind.com/

It was everything I had ever wanted, so I began gearing up to be a Russian soldier. Sadly, Eastwind ended in 2015, before I ever got to go. But I kept going in airsoft since it's fun. Hopefully, something as extensive as Op. Eastwind pops up again.
Old February 9th, 2019, 20:20   #8
tobyniceguy

Send a message via Skype™ to tobyniceguy
Born in the Philippines, airsoft was big down there and I'm sure it still is. I had my encounter with airsoft when I was exposed to a springer my cousin was playing with. It wasn't until 2009 that I would have a second encounter with the sport after discovering ASC. I also stumbled upon Airsoft Depot in 2009, before it expanded into a much bigger storefront. The rest was history.
tobyniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 00:07   #9
svi

too much video games got me into airsoft lol
svi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 07:20   #10
BelgStriker

I was always a fan of military related hobbies, mainly collecting uniforms, playing video games, and building model kits.
So, when I heard about airsoft almost by accident in high school, I didn't put the finger into the cogs, I jumped in the whole thing!
BelgStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 16:27   #11
Jsheng

college roommate. we wanted to try paintball, found airsoft instead
Jsheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:40   #12
jwm470

I enjoyed playing paintball, but loved everything military. So airsoft was just a natural step for me, it also helped how it was way cheaper (except if you think about how much I've spent on gear)
jwm470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2019, 07:47   #13
silent_lemon

Filipino and Japanese airsoft videos on Kazaa and Limewire.
silent_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 20:09   #14
ToeTag

bought my son a Cdn Tire Ruger springer when he was young. I started plinking and moved up to the Co2 version from CdnTire again....watched youtube "scoutthedoggie" and it was over. Bought my first M4 (Dboys CQB) about 6 years ago from AirsoftDepot and the rest is history. Taught myself some tech'n and now have 2 M4's - 2 DMR's - sniper - TM Glock17 and Elite Force 1911. This is a great sport and now my son is starting to play with me.....just awesome and so glad I found this.
ToeTag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 20:47   #15
jmireau
Loves Moderators

Killermug

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General