Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW GBBs

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 1st, 2014, 16:10   #1
ShadowWraith128

KJW GBBs

Hello.
I'm looking for my first sidearm, and have managed to narrow the choice down to 2/3. They are all KJWs due to budget and from what I have read.
I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your advice/experiences/known problems with the following pistols.

KJW KP07 (MEU)
KJW M9 Elite IA
KJW M9A1 (what's the difference between this one and the Elite IA?)

Thanks!
ShadowWraith128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 16:27   #2
Skeletor

I've had a KJW KP07 for about a month now. Mine is the Blackwater edition (same thing as the normal MEU, just different trades). I haven't been able to game it yet, but I have done some target shooting and the like.

It's a nice piece. Full metal. Modern sights. The front sight is secured with a small grub screw, so it shouldn't come flying off during use. And you can upgrade/modify the crap out of the gun, since it's TM compatible.

First thing is that it is a CO2 and Green Gas gun, so you have your choice of power. Many like CO2 for this one because it is pre-upgraded with stronger springs and a reinforced (red) nozzle. I don't have any CO2 mags for mine, so I can't comment on its performance with them. KJW also recently put out a version 2 CO2 magazine with a slim base and more reliable valve, so that's another plus.

If you choose the green gas route, you'll probably notice right away that it has terrible gas efficiency. Many people complain about getting only 6-10 shots per gas fill. Pretty crappy, considering the mags fit anywhere from 24-28 BBs depending on brand. I like the KP07 because of its single-stacker style, so I went out on a hunt to fix this.

You can get a full mag of shots with a simple upgrade. Change out the stock piston head for an upgraded one. I put a Dyna Nine Ball piston head in mine and now the KJW mag that came with the gun gets 30 shots per fill, locking back on the last BB still. The Marui MEU mags I bought are even better.

If you find a US-sourced KP07 it will have an ugly extended orange barrel. I swapped mine out for a nice aluminum Nova barrel I bought from a user on these forums. It's TM compatible, so any M1911 Marui barrel will fit it.

KJW also doesn't have the best hop up rubbers, so I've replaced mine with a A+ Studio one.

Overall it's a nice gun, especially when upgraded. Also because it's pretty cheap for what it is.
Skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 18:47   #3
grantmac

KJW makes good pistols in general. Especially their Sig line.

Single stack green gas pistols don't tend to work all that well. Better air seal in the blow-back chamber does help efficiency. As does upgraded gas flow directors in the top of the mag. Both are cheap upgrades.

Personally 1911s and M9s make me want to vomit out my own entrails, so I will leave off giving a specific opinion.

-Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 19:17   #4
leth1337

KJW KP07 (MEU) is the king of all gas 1911s and I've not used any pistol since picking one up 2 years ago. Helps that I'm a 1911 man
Old December 1st, 2014, 19:24   #5
SuperHog

Agree, My KP07 is horrible. Only a few shots from a gas fill.

How many shots with the Hi-Capa versions, ie. KP05, KP06, KP08, etc. ?

Last edited by SuperHog; December 1st, 2014 at 19:30..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2014, 19:29   #6
SuperHog

Duplicate.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 02:23   #7
Deejay2401

I had a KP07 for a while and didn't upgrade anything, and still managed to get most of a mag full of shots before losing power. Guess I just got lucky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
KJW makes good pistols in general. Especially their Sig line.
I can vouch for that. Seriously. Ask Siggypoo, he tried to make love to my P229.
Deejay2401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 04:24   #8
Jo_Canadian

@superhog: Myself and another user (p0nch3) have been trouble shooting as to why the highcapas suck so bad on GG. Seems to be that a small adjustment needs to be made on the knocker valve.

After the adjustment you can get a full mag of it, though due to the CO2 upgrades it doesn't have enough force to lock back the slide.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=165234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
RULES

Give your friend the benefit of the doubt and SHOOT HIM AGAIN.
Jo_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:24   #9
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

KJW sigs are the tits.

The issue with most GG 1911 single stack models, as mentioned, is their horrible gas efficiency. The mags are too damn small to hold enough gas. Personally, I hate c02, but for 1911s, it's a better option.

Out of the 3 you listed there, either of the M9s would be a better option, though I would recommend actually holding an m9 before you buy, since they are kind of huge.

KJW mags are of lower quality than others, so just be prepared to re-seal mags in the future, and take good care of them when you get them.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:29   #10
siggypoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay2401 View Post
I can vouch for that. Seriously. Ask Siggypoo, he tried to make love to my P229.

I did NOT try to make love to it!
Merely tried to abscond with it.
Really though, I'm at least the third owner of the very same KP07 that Deejay had. It's still smooth as silk, and very rugged. I've been a hard-corps We Tech fan for a very long time. This is my first KJW, and I can only imagine how a new one would be. I now browse the classifieds for both, instead of We only.

Old May 16th, 2015, 13:37   #11
Pkplayer

Kjw are work horses, build to keep running, marui-compatible, lower quality metal but good enough, i just love my kjw's
Pkplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 13:58   #12
SuperCriollo

Not to mention, that unlike WEs and Maruis, the CO2 KJW MEU comes with full steel internals ! (Hammer, sear, valve disconnector etc..)

Not bad for such an affordable pistol.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 15:18   #13
Kungpow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
Not to mention, that unlike WEs and Maruis, the CO2 KJW MEU comes with full steel internals ! (Hammer, sear, valve disconnector etc..)

Not bad for such an affordable pistol.
Not sure about that, but my KJW CO2 MEU only has the upgraded red nozzle. Some of the parts are aluminum but the rest are Zinc Alloy. The valve knocker looks like potmetal and same with the hammer. The disconnect looks like potmetal also. I think I'm getting around 28 shots per mag stock.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 19:27   #14
SuperCriollo

Hmmm I am 100% certain that it has steel internals (I checked with a magnet when I took itappart). I guess is only the newer batches then. I got it last Christmas at 007 airsoft for 150$ during a one day sale, great deal !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 21:40   #15
bryanman
Banned

KJW SIG's are AMAZING!! I've had mine for a little over a year and I've put 100's of thousands rounds through it. No problems whatsoever. Im able to get about 2 maybe 3 mags on one fill of GG (23 rds). Also, it is steel internals. Aluminum frame, steel internals.
bryanman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion