Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which way should mags face in M4 pouches?

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 4th, 2008, 04:50   #16
Spas-Tick22

Send a message via MSN to Spas-Tick22 Send a message via Yahoo to Spas-Tick22
I find that when i go to reload, grabbing a new mag with my left hand (im right handed) and then reloading the gun, less time with a mag out the better as i see it. I'll break it down into steps.

1. Make decision to reload. :P
2. Withdraw a new mag from the mag holder.
3. Position new mag next to the on still in the mag well.
4. Hit the mag release with my right index finger.
5. Withdraw the spent magizene with my left hand, while still holding the fresh mag.
6. Insert the fresh mag, checking its properly seated.
7. Keeping my rifle at the ready, i mess around with the spent mag as necessary.

But again, whatever works for you is really the best method, this is just another way of doing it. Additionally, I'm using a 8 mag setup on my chest. 2x across at sternum level, all mags plates up and curved to my shooting arm. i reach for them with the back of my hand facing up and try to get it as close to the curve of my hand as possible, as the outer part of my thumb and fingers will soon be holding another mag.

Last edited by Spas-Tick22; August 4th, 2008 at 04:58.. Reason: fogot to add my 2nd para :P
Spas-Tick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 07:01   #17
cdnbmb

right handed shooter, mag exit facing right shoulder, so I reload with my left, just seems to go that much quicker.
With AK magsI find it doesnt really matter which way they face, since you invariably have to kind of curve them out of the pockets because of the curve of the mag itself, it never seems to pull out straight.
Your mileage may vary.

Member of blackwatercrg.com - Holland
cdnbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 15:18   #18
panda86

Thanks for the additional feedback guys, very useful.
panda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 15:23   #19
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I don't have a dump pouch. (or yet) I put my mags in "bullets down", and when I've spent a mag, I put it back in the pouch "bullets up" so I know it's empty and I can see it's empty when I go for new mag later.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 15:47   #20
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
I've never really paid attention to the way I load my mags in the pouches... I just pull and turn as needed to get the mag in the gun... I just load up while my mind is else where and my body does it on autopilot... I guess my subconciousness knows how I like my load out...
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 21:38   #21
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I like this technique and use it for every mags I have.

If you are right handed, you will reload with your left hand. Mags should be in pouches top drown with the bullet tips pointing to your belly button. If you they are carried on a plate carrier, they should all point to your right hand side.

The reason is, when you pick the mag by it's baseplate, it's already in position to be inserted in the magwell.

My empty mags are stored lips up (opening up) so I know they are empty, since I don't use a dump pouche.

For my P90 mags, I put the lips up and facing my body. For the same reasons as above. When I put the empty mag back in, I put the lips facing out, so by touch, I know wich mags are still loaded.

For pistol mags, since they have a big plate sometime, they can't go back "not upside down". So I juste flip the mag in a way as if it was loaded, the bullet tips would face away from my belly button. That way, by touch, I know wich mags are still loaded.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne

Last edited by FOX_111; August 5th, 2008 at 21:40..
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion